Female Character Descriptions

Started by moab, April 27, 2004, 02:56:08 PM

Women, do you make reference to breasts and or @ss in character descriptions?

Yes, I do
19 (31.7%)
Never
16 (26.7%)
Rarely - Really rarely
25 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: April 27, 2004, 02:56:08 PM

Alright.  I'm trying a little experiment.

Of the women that play Armageddon, do you often make references to your character's breasts and / or *ss or both in the same main desc?

The reason I ask is this:

Whenever I write up female descriptions I have never used references to these attributes both out of my own taste and the advice of a female MUSHer who said that you can always tell when men play female characters because they reference those attributes under discussion.

So I want to know - do you ever make reference to those things, one or both in a character description?

And if the test proves that no, women do not generally write their characters up that way, please, men, take heed.  :-)
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

How can I resist commenting on this?

I made an NPC half-giant once with boobs the size of gurths after seeing a fruit breasted pc but I don't think any of my pcs have called attention to their bouncy regions in any way other than general, I suppose if I wanted that to be the focal point I would do it more.  I voted rarely.

ShaLeah
-who personally always wanted smaller breasteses...
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Typically, I do not.  On some occasions, I find it necessary - if I am playing a waif, I make it a point to mention the *lack* of curves, as I think without really describing things at all, you are implying 'average'.  I rarely mention details bluntly, as I think it's usually easier to just comment on the state of curves and fat - hips, for instance.  I think a lot of players neglect how curvaceous the average female is going to be when she rarely gets enough to eat, although I suppose players are usually the "exceptional" portion of the populace.  But it just seems to me that you're unlikely to have that firm, ample bosom and well-rounded ass, when you are subsisting on just enough water and bread to survive.

Yeah... the japuarr breasted woman (who was played by a woman) who like always fell over because she was top heavy, did indeed reference her shelf in her desc.

I think the women of the Arm community are very free with their descriptions and leave no avenue untravelled.

It depends on the type of character.  If it's a character who is designed to wear armor all the time, I leave it to the imagination because armor tends to hide such things.  If it's a character who is going to be wearing regular clothes all the time, then I'll put a little something in, because then it would be a bit more obvious.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

I nver have, but I imagine if the occasion called for it I would.. but I just suggest their overall form with creative wording. :p

I voted "rarely", as I generally tend to be a little more subtle in describing these attributes: I might use phrases like "ample curves" or "boyish frame" rather than saying large/small T & A.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Quote from: "crymerci"I voted "rarely", as I generally tend to be a little more subtle in describing these attributes: I might use phrases like "ample curves" or "boyish frame" rather than saying large/small T & A.

Ditto.  I don't think I've ever mentioned ass at all, though I might have mentioned hips.  Describing the general "build" is a good idea for both male and female characters, otherwise all people have to go off of is the assess -v, which really isn't that descriptive.  Breasts, waist, hips, and maybe even butt are part of your "build", just like your broad shoulders or beer belly.  Sure, heavy armor will disguise curves, but heavy armor would also disguise your shoulders and corded musculature.

How much is too much?  Mentioning nipples or penis.  Sure, there are occasions when you may be wearining thin clothing (or no clothing) and people could see those, but under most circumstance it will be excessive.  Even if you have something remarkable, like eight nipples or a fully retractable penis like a dog, it isn't going to show through that leather jerkin.  Save it for emotes on those occasions when people can get a good look.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I only include things that people -will- look at.
and all of my female PC's have worn "normal" clothes most of the time instead of armor.. so I just went by everything that someone would look at my PC for.. If that makes any sense.
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

I describe what someone might see from viewing my character front on, with her wearing average clothes.

As a female, I could care less (insofar as being offended)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        if some chick wrote herself out as a playboy model, but she'd better not whine about being labeled as f-me. :roll:
color=darkred][size=9]Complaints of unfairness on the part of
other players will not be given an audience.
If you think another character was mean
to you, you're most likely right.[/color][/size]

(I usually don't describe the attributes directly in the mdesc.  I find it is much more entertaining to slip a few choice words into her keyword list instead; i.e. look jugs, assess -v onion, etc.  But that is just me.)
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

In my opinion, as a male, I think it's something worth tastefully noting briefly in the description as it's one of the first thing men notice and it's hard to miss.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Have guys been voting on this poll?  Somehow I think that we don't have 26 or so female players.  Maybe I'm wrong though?
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

It depends on the character, but I do mention general breast size in descriptions, simply because it is something people, both men and women, notice right away.

Plus, when someone wants to comment on them, they need something to go on. If Lady Oash comments that Lady Borsail has little boy breasts, but Lady Borsail clearly has breasts the size of a half-giants fist, it isn't going to make a whole lot of sense.

I tend to roll my eyes when someone invests too much time describing them though, be it in emotes or descriptions. Seriously, if you're emoting the wind blowing your shirt tight against your heaving silky breasts every time you go outside, or investing three lines to describe just how firm your characters ass is,  don't be surprised or offended when someone stamps an F-me tag on the character.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

I almost always do, but a lot of times it's in a subtle way, unless it would be a thing that people definitely noted.

I rarely describe the backside though, unless it's some huge planet, or too tiny to hit with a boulder. I mean, it's not like there's that many different types of bootys out there ya know? where ass a chest is always more noticeable (or so it seems) to prying eyes.

I just want to say that the standard I always use is a description of my character if they were wearing shorts and a T-shirt.

I think it's a pretty good standard.  Armor and clothing can disguise almost every aspect of your character, but I'm not going to fail to comment on any of it just because I know that I'm going to be wearing a hat, a veil, baggy sandcloth clothing, gloves, etc.
Back from a long retirement

I based the description around on of my chars around the fact that he was a big burly dude.

Big mistake. I rolled a below average strength.

Don't let this happen to you.

Quote from: "Hicksville Hoochie"I mean, it's not like there's that many different types of bootys out there ya know?

No I don't. There is plenty of kinda of booty's that women have.

Yeah, I really don't think we have 36 women who play the MUD and check the boards regularly.

Clearly it's another case of people not reading the poll/post.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Quote from: "crymerci"Yeah, I really don't think we have 36 women who play the MUD and check the boards regularly.

There are at least 20 active posters that I believe are female (apologies to gender mismatches)

Dakkon Black
Irulan
Black Isis
Sandferret

-=SHALEAH=-
Cuusardo
Crymerci
Delirium
Sacac
Angela Christine
Bestatte
Sarahjc
Zhaira
Sanvean
Laeris
Callisto
Barzalene
flurry
deviant storm
Vendyra
Haiwolfe
aeshyw
Mekeda
My 2 Sids
Miee
Impska
SykotikGith
Morninglight

Is it that hard to believe that there are another 16 who just buzz the boards?

I voted never to see the poll results...
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Quote from: "CRW"
Quote from: "crymerci"Yeah, I really don't think we have 36 women who play the MUD and check the boards regularly.

There are at least 20 active posters that I believe are female (apologies to gender mismatches)

Cuusardo
Crymerci
Delirium
Sacac
Angela Christine
Bestatte
Sarahjc
Zhaira
Sanvean
Laeris
Callisto
Barzalene
flurry
deviant storm
Vendyra
Haiwolfe
aeshyw
Mekeda
My 2 Sids
Miee
Impska
SykotikGith
Morninglight

Is it that hard to believe that there are another 16 who just buzz the boards?
:cry:
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

With me and Shah we're down to 14 secret board buzzers.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

I am also a rarely-posting, board-reading female. :)