Re the brew/vial question in ask the staff

Started by Bestatte, April 22, 2004, 04:47:16 PM

If you made a "cure" type thing, then drink and pour should work.

If you made a "poison" type thing, it -should- be "use" but in order to use it you have to hold it, and you can't "hold" poison vials.  It was supposedly going to be worked on around a year ago and people have asked since then but there's no news yet.

If you made some other thing, try hold, and USE.

If you made any of these things, and the appropriate syntax isn't working, then it's probably a bug. Except for the poison type vial thing. That's just disabled and unuseable until they recode the poison/brew/vial thingie.

Thank you for providing a more comprehensive answer to the player's question.

The brewing revamp is, as it was the last time this got mentioned, on the very long list of projects to be worked on, which tend to be prioritized by a) impact on the game, b) impact on players, c) amount of work involved, and d) amount of coder interest.

Totally understandable Sanvean. After re-reading my post I realize I probably gave the impression that I was being snide. I wasn't. I was trying to be factual and unbiased as I could - considering that I would -REALLY- love to see the code tweaked to work again.

Sorry if I sounded snitty, it wasn't intended.

Though - I REALLY would love to see it working again!

>Bestatte ducks and runs away.

Quote from: "Agent_137"so are brewed poisons still disabled?

You can brew poisons. I think it is alcohol that you can't brew.

Quote from: "Ardan"
Quote from: "Agent_137"so are brewed poisons still disabled?

You can brew poisons. I think it is alcohol that you can't brew.

As far as holding and using them I believe is what he was asking. You can make them but you cannot hold and use them. At least, the last time I tried you couldn't.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Interesting. So, you can't brew alcohol, or poison things with the poisons you brew.

So, it's been about two years. Any progress, or still on the back burner?

Silly humans.

In the decade I've been monitoring this project, brew has barely crawled from non-existent to work-in-progress.  Based on my figures, I estimate 'brew' or a more appropriate and encompassing 'herbalism' skill will be functional sometime around 2012.

Seriously, it's been broke for more than five years, and the whole concept was never satisfactory to me to begin with.  The reworking should be a quite large undertaking, and it's understandable that there isn't a staff member with the time or interest to do it.  If I weren't a procrastinating, mostly immobile being, I would've tackled the issue myself, and who knows, maybe I still will.  I have five years and two months...

:twisted:
Quote from: Wish

Don't think you're having all the fun...
You know me, I hate everyone!

Wish there was something real!
Wish there was something true!
Wish there was something real,
in this world full of YOU!

Heh, Way more then five years, I think we are going on around eight years. Projection of 2012? You my friend are a real optamist. After all the watch command took around seven years and it was MUCH simpler to code. Given that, we should put it more around 2026 or later.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job