For inquiring minds - we have a style sheet for Arm.

Started by atalya, April 17, 2004, 08:19:53 PM

Athough it does say unless otherwise stated, so The covered themselves with the commonly misspelled words section, but standard American spelling is Gray.  Grey is the British spelling.

A lot of fantasy stories seem to use grey apparently since Tolkien (who was British of course) spelled it that way, Gandalf the Grey.
Vettrock

'Grey' is so much more grey than 'gray' is.

I actually prefer Gray, but I have to go with the Arm-standard :(

I'm Canadian.  I always write Neighbour and Colour and Grey.

I only had 1 immortal tell me I spelt something wrong, when in reality it was correct.  He was just being American.  *shakes his fist at KRRX*
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Grey is correct. When we were working on standardizing, although we went with the American spelling for everything else, the Grey Forest was already in place and had been for years, so we kept grey with an e.

Quote from: "Northlander"Nyah nyah.

Practise.

Even the Brits may spell practise with a c, depending on whether it's used as a verb or a noun.

I'm lazy. I don't bother with the extra u's in some words, even though I probably should.

Either graygrey is fine as far as I'm concerned.
he stories are woven
and fortunes are told
The truth is measured by the weight of your gold
The magic lies scattered
on rugs on the ground
Faith is conjured in the night market's sound

So if there is a pc or npc with a desc spelled gray, is that considered a typo?
Vettrock

QuoteSo if there is a pc or npc with a desc spelled gray, is that considered a typo?

Yes.