Suggesting a Help File

Started by Realedazed, April 15, 2004, 10:40:57 AM

This is a idea I got from another game.  I can't think of what it is called exactly, but I think its called suggest.  If you see a player who is using a skill wrong or looks very confused, instead of breaking character in a room full of other players you could:

suggest <help file> <character>

And it would show this to the other player:

It is suggested that you read <helpfile>.

Or something like that. I thought that was a very good idea. It kept people from speaking in OOC and distracting the rest of the room.

This isn't that big of a deal, but I thought I'd throw it up and see what everyone thinks.
 got caught at school with my hands down my pants and had to keep it down there for  a whole week.......What a week!
~Chris, Family Guy

I actually don't think breaking char in that situation is so bad.

Just a quick, ooc, you should look at this help file.

Inaddition, if you use a hidden suggest command instead of braeking char, other people won't know someone else has already done it.  So the person could end up quickly getting spammed with 'suggests'

Quote from: "UnderSeven"I actually don't think breaking char in that situation is so bad.

Inaddition, if you use a hidden suggest command instead of braeking char, other people won't know someone else has already done it.  So the person could end up quickly getting spammed with 'suggests'

Aye.
Veteran Newbie

Quote from: "Dracul"
Quote from: "UnderSeven"I actually don't think breaking char in that situation is so bad.

Aye.

so? I'd rather the noob get spammed than me have to see an ooc message. And i wouldn't mind the spam if i was a noob. In another game whispers didn't have a room echo, and i'd get spammed sometimes. No big deal. I like the idea of the suggest code, but fear it would go under-used.