Hit Kank vs Hitch Kank

Started by jmordetsky, March 21, 2004, 01:23:45 AM

So, you accidently type hit kank instead of hitch kank.

You kank is then crim flagged, and the militia comes along and kills it.

Bug? Or you shouldn't have hit your kank?

Thoughts?

Personally. My oppinion? Balderdash.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Opinion?  Go to bed.  You're too tired to be playing Armageddon.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Shrug, I just think it's damm funny, even when it happened to me way back when. Don't hit or kick your kank.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Typing hit instead of hitch isn't a bug. It is a typo. For the time being you might want to 'alias hit hitch' that will fix that.

sl is sleep, the list goes on.

aliasing hit can be bad if you try to hit something, you'll end up hitching it. It is up to you to decide which is the lesser of the two evils. Personally, I have to alias a lot of things I typo often.
Bhagharva the Purulent Carcass

Quote from: "Bhagharva"Typing hit instead of hitch isn't a bug. It is a typo.

Agreed but why does my kank suddenly become public enemy #1? I mean, does the stable master reports him as feral? And the Zalanthan Animal Control comes to clean up the foaming rapid insectoid mess?

RP wise, I just ignored it and bought a new one...but I mean...The kank should not be crim flagged. This just seems like common sense.

Further more, I attacked it. So in line with normal crim code, I should be crim flagged...

Seems a little silly to me.

www.j03m.com

Quote from: "jmordetsky"
Quote from: "Bhagharva"Typing hit instead of hitch isn't a bug. It is a typo.

Agreed but why does my kank suddenly become public enemy #1? I mean, does the stable master reports him as feral? And the Zalanthan Animal Control comes to clean up the foaming rapid insectoid mess?

RP wise, I just ignored it and bought a new one...but I mean...The kank should not be crim flagged. This just seems like common sense.

Further more, I attacked it. So in line with normal crim code, I should be crim flagged...

Seems a little silly to me.

...Would you prefer being gangbanged by soldiers and either killed or being separated from your kank (and probably having it stolen), as well as losing all your weapons, or just having your kank stolen?
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Quote from: "Carnage"

...Would you prefer being gangbanged by soldiers and either killed or being separated from your kank (and probably having it stolen), as well as losing all your weapons, or just having your kank stolen?

I don't see how that addresses the realism of the situation. Obviously, the answer is no.

Are you saying it's a matter that the code *needs* to crim-flag someone?

www.j03m.com

they kill it because they decide that it is a threat to the citizens of your chosen-city state or other place, And they will kill your mount before they kill someone for killing what they might own, IMHO.
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

It's not a bug, but I'd advise addressing the problem through aliases in a different way than Bhagharva.  Alias something else to the hitch command.

> alias reins hitch

> reins kank

Then just keep that alias between PCs.

Which reminds me of the time I had an alias for a magick spell that was only one letter different than a regularly used non-magickal command....

You know, I was thinking about this last night.

Does this mean that I can walk up someone riding a kank, kick it and soldiers will help me out?

Does it also mean that if the person who owns the kank tries to resuce their kank that the soldiers will kill them?

Very abusable.

www.j03m.com