Looks and emote tags

Started by spawnloser, March 08, 2004, 09:21:09 PM

So, I just had a discussion with someone where they swore up and down that you can not use emote tags (~, !, #, %, ^) in look emotes.  I have been doing this for a LONG time and never had anyone mention that they didn't work...which would be irksome, having been making this mistake for such a long time with noone stepping in to tell me I've been being dumb.  So...anyone know for certain what's up with this?
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I've used it too, and so excessively that I imagine I would have been corrected by now.  The only place I'm aware emote qualifiers can't be incorporated is in movement-emotes.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

I've also been doing this for ages, and never had anyone tell me they don't work.  I think it's just directional emotes (NESW, etc.) that you can't use the ~!#%^ with.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

you don't need ( ) when you look at people though, right? Cause if you did, that might explain why no-one's commented on it.

Yeah, the help-file comes out and says that you don't need the () about the emote for looks.

Let's hope that we've all been right about the emote tags though...because otherwise we'd all look silly.

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

No.  I've never used (), and I'm postive I've had people respond ICly to the emotes tagged onto looks before.
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Crap.  I hate it when I do that.

Oh, and someone just tested this and informed me that emote tags do work...for those that were still curious.

Here comes Mansa!

You can use ~!#%^ in look emotes.

You don't use ( ) in look emotes.

You do use ( ) in movement emotes.  It won't work without it.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Which brings us back to something I remember hearing before... would it be a problem to have echoes for these things like we do for emotes?  It would really really really help.
laloc Wrote
Trust, I think, is the most fundamental tool which allows us to play this game. Without trust, we may as well just be playing a Hack and Slash, and repopping in Midgaard after slaying a bunch of Smurfs.