Tents

Started by Tamarin, February 12, 2004, 05:05:27 PM

It would be really nice if kanks could go inside the tent with you.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Sometimes they can. It depends on the size of the tent.

Ewwww
laloc Wrote
Trust, I think, is the most fundamental tool which allows us to play this game. Without trust, we may as well just be playing a Hack and Slash, and repopping in Midgaard after slaying a bunch of Smurfs.

Quote from: "uberjazz"It would be really nice if kanks could go inside the tent with you.

That's absurd.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

Quote from: "Callisto"
Quote from: "uberjazz"It would be really nice if kanks could go inside the tent with you.

That's absurd.

A standard Callisto response.

Seems to me a kank, which is not as tall as a human, should be able to fit inside a tent.  Of course, there wouldn't be a lot of space left, but what does it matter if you're the only one using the tent?

To expand on Callisto's post (with which I vehemently agree):

A kank is not only "not as tall as a human," but it is also *many* times longer than a human. A kank simply wouldn't fit in a tent. Not with a person, not alone, not if you chopped it in half.

There are many tents in which you cannot stand up in.

The only tent that I could see existing on zalanthas that you can stand up in is a good ole wall tent. And those fuckers are really heavy and bulky. While they are a good 6-7 feet tall, they are also barely that long or wide.

Further, why the hell would you want a kank in the tent with you????

Quote from: "Agent_137"Further, why the hell would you want a kank in the tent with you????

So you can keep up the invincible shield of it being hitched to you of course.

Bad idea.  Give Desert Elves something to steal, I say!
Back from a long retirement

Oh, it's one of those things.

Pah! NO one would reasonably want their kank in their tent with them unless they are having sexual relations with their kank. I doubt the Imms have the time at this point to cater to such a small portion of the population.

. . .

actually, now that I think about it, there's a whole lot of kankfuckers out there. Maybe this is a good idea after all.

Quote from: "Agent_137"
why the hell would you want a kank in the tent with you????

Some tents have camouflage, and cannot be seen from a distance.

Kanks however waves their many legs to all around, trying to grab attention of strangers
some of my posts are serious stuff

So, you want a huge ass ant waving his frikken legs and antennae all around in your tent while you're trying to sleep? yea . . . gg, but no.

If you want to camouflage your kank, why not just introduce kank camo? Like a big ass sand colored sandcloth blanket. Basically, a kank tent!

Quote from: "Agent_137"So, you want a huge ass ant waving his frikken legs and antennae all around in your tent while you're trying to sleep? yea . . . gg, but no.

If you want to camouflage your kank, why not just introduce kank camo? Like a big ass sand colored sandcloth blanket. Basically, a kank tent!

Interesting...

Quote from: "uberjazz"
Quote from: "Agent_137"So, you want a huge ass ant waving his frikken legs and antennae all around in your tent while you're trying to sleep? yea . . . gg, but no.

Interesting...

Yeah very interesting.  We can even make a cloak for that.

The big assed and many legged figure in a hooded desert camouflaged sandcloth greatcloak is here carrying the funny looking man.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: "uberjazz"A standard Callisto response.

I was going to post that you would have to be a complete fucking moron to think taking a kank inside your tent with you is a good idea.

That would have been a standard Callisto response.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

The pimply-faced tamplar has the following animals for sale:
05) a desert-camoflage painted kank for 900 coins

buy 5
hitch kank
title kank HUM-V

[some time later, on a ubiquitous desert dune]

dismount

emote looks around.

think Now where the fuck did I put my kank?
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Seriously, this thing would be awesome to have. It would save my but a lot. If it could work codedly also, then that would be great. This is how I would picture it would work:

A skilled tailor could make one or it could be bought for many sids at a tailor shop, something of the sort.

So you buy it, and you get your kank.

mount kank
wear cloak kank
You strap and tie the cloak onto the mount.

A greenish, brown kank is standing here.
Would change to:
A long, figure with antannes is standing here.

mount kank
rest kank
look

nothing.

And the mount would disappear to the unwatchful eye.
Scan would find it, and maybe it would do what the inix does, moves its legs now and then and make some noise, but a person two rooms away wouldn't be able to notice that.
Thoughts?
uppers.

I don't think so. Just because you slap a kank with a camo blanket does not mean it will disappear to the watchful eye. "The watchful eye" of desert critters' senses are mostly very, very keen. Take Gith for example, or Desert Elves. They live, sleep, breathe the desert and would easily spot something as large as a kank skuttling around with something on top of it, desert camo or not, unless the rider in question was particularly clever or resourceful. If you want to be extra stealthy in the desert, here's a tip. Ditch the kanks, erdlus, jakhals, bahamets, whatever.. and stick to good ole hands, feet and any cover you can muster. Unless your a half-giant, you'll be far more stealthy without a kank bleating at your back.
Keepin' it dusty,
                     Mr.B

EvilRoeSlade: "There's something seriously wrong when I say aide and everyone hears whore."

For reasons a -normal- person would want a kank in their tent... why not just figure out some way to code the kank attached to the tent?  Realisticly, one could have long enough reins or something where they can keep an eye on their kank.
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Kanks are damned big.

http://www.j0ram.net/argosy.gif

It's a bit hard to see, there's a mounted kank on the right side. It's enough to provide scale, along with some erdlu and mekillot's, a pimped out argosy.

You think ... smells like critter around here...
With an expression of disgust you say in gibberish "Sands! Kank turds!"
Someone waves with one of his many antennae.
You stumble into a dune, which twists and opens a huge insectoid facet eye hovering over you.
code]
          .::7777::-.
         /:'////' `::>/|/
      .',  ||||   `/( e\
  -==~-'`-Xm````-mr' `-_\    Join the Save the Gurth campaign! [/code]

Quote from: "Morrolan"The pimply-faced tamplar has the following animals for sale:
05) a desert-camoflage painted kank for 900 coins

buy 5
hitch kank
title kank HUM-V

[some time later, on a ubiquitous desert dune]

dismount

emote looks around.

think Now where the fuck did I put my kank?

I'm fucking cracking up, man. That was fucking funny!
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: "Mr.B"I don't think so. Just because you slap a kank with a camo blanket does not mean it will disappear to the watchful eye. "The watchful eye" of desert critters' senses are mostly very, very keen. Take Gith for example, or Desert Elves. They live, sleep, breathe the desert and would easily spot something as large as a kank skuttling around with something on top of it, desert camo or not, unless the rider in question was particularly clever or resourceful. If you want to be extra stealthy in the desert, here's a tip. Ditch the kanks, erdlus, jakhals, bahamets, whatever.. and stick to good ole hands, feet and any cover you can muster. Unless your a half-giant, you'll be far more stealthy without a kank bleating at your back.

He said having it in a resting position, which would make it immobile except for respiration and small things such as antennae wiggling. At a distance, it looks like nothing but a dune, but up close you know that there's something alive.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Thanks Carnage.  :P  Finaly someone is sticking up for me!! :wink:
uppers.

I do not like the idea of taking your kank in a tent because kank thieves are fucking cool.  but...

I do think that it is reasonable to want to take a kank in a tent with you.  If your character has had that kank a long time it would be similar to having a horse in RL.  If you pay for a horse/kank you are going to want to take care of it.  Some people even consider their horse as a friend.  Realistically some people would bring a horse in a tent so why not bring a kank in a tent.

Code wise bad idea because it would be abused by people who just wanted their kank to get stamina back faster.
ou attempt to walk, but trip and fall on your face.

Because kanks are a lot bigger than horses.

That's really everything there is to it, a kank can hold a half-giant and carry it a good distance.  A horse's back will probably break if a half-giant sat on it...a kank is bigger than a horse.  Hell, an erdlu is about as big as a horse, a kank is like...four times as big?  I always imagined kank riding to be kinda like elephant riding...you ride on the head of something really big.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?