Dartboards

Started by Ghost, February 12, 2004, 07:05:26 AM

Does the dartboards have anything with the skill throw? Or it is just a calculation of agility+luck

Because, I have the skill, I have been trying occasionally since I made this char, and the rate of hitting the center seems still the same
some of my posts are serious stuff

No, darts will not raise the throw skill - though in my experience, having the skill makes it easier to hit the target when throwing darts.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

What pisses me off is those people who steal the darts from the dartboard.

If there are darts, obviously the virtual people who visit the place aren't stealing the darts, so don't you steal the darts.

I kill people on sight who have darts outside of the dart room.

Does that make you feel better, dartboard nazi?

I used to have a character that stole darts.. and I'm not ashamed anymore...  :roll:
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Now, now. There are places that sell dartboard darts, and I see nothing wrong with anyone using their own set for throwing, and then picking those back up and walking on. That might be what at least one of these thieves are doing. Maybe they keep their own little box for them. With fur cushions. That's cute.

Also, there might exist martial darts in the game, and it's further possible that their sdescs don't differ too much from regular dartboard darts.

(Disclaimer: I have no basis for anything I say in this post)

I think it goes off the skill throw, but has some sort of check that prevents skill-check-raises or whatever when your using darts. So if your an expert thrower from hard work and practice over your life as a javeliner, you can probably do good at darts.

Which MAY be wrong, and is obviously a bit funny, because realistically... here are some things:
Technically your ability to throw javelin, knives, spears, whatever would be sometimes much different then throwing darts. And it would be hard for the code to distinguish skill in throwing 'darts' as opposed to throwing axes or something.
-But then again it could be tallied up to hand-eye coordination, aim, etc... which would be somewhat universal across the board.

The other thing is, that you'd think by playing darts alot you WOULD get better. Just like any other skill.

I think someone purposed a 'dart' skill in the past... which of course would be the best solution but puts the 'skill' stigma on the whole thing. It becomes more then just an rp-tool, etc.

So I don't know!

if some Imm wants to make a pure RP skill like skill_darts and then some guy wants to train his ass off to get good at this purely RP skill, I have no problem with him beating the snot out of my character at darts. I will find solace in the fact that I can sap is ass and take that nice cushy dart box for my own.

Quote from: "Agent_137"if some Imm wants to make a pure RP skill like skill_darts and then some guy wants to train his ass off to get good at this purely RP skill, I have no problem with him beating the snot out of my character at darts. I will find solace in the fact that I can sap is ass and take that nice cushy dart box for my own.
Agreed.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I would really like to see the dartboard give you some improved skill, even if it is just at playing the game.  It makes sense.
he last thing in the world I want to do is to hurt you...
but it's still on the list.