What do you do while waiting for character approval?

Started by Akaramu, February 11, 2004, 09:54:57 AM

This is what I do while I wait (more than 24 hours so far due to inability to decide what I want  :P )

-RL! Sometimes I just remember... or it makes me remember. However, once in awhile I just miss those hours of using my brain for the mud instead of doing something pointless such as watching TV.

-Haunt the GDB. But actually, I do that when I play as well. There's just so many older interesting threads to catch up on.

-As the excitement over my next character increases (yes, I finally decided to do the right thing and I am getting excited about it) I am thinking about her quirks, how she would react to different situations, and all the lovely details.

-Trying to get a better grasp upon aspects of Zalanthas I have not looked at in detail before, due to a new background. In other words, doing my homework.

-Krath and uberjazz are just so fun to poke on AIM.  :D

Sometimes I do RL stuff, sometimes I read the docs, sometimes I sleep.  
But my favorite thing to do is scour the internet looking for odd, inexplicable things like this:  http://www.squidge.org/%7Epraxisters/lotrhobbits.html

I find that those sorts of things take my mind off the seemingly endless wait.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Arwen/Eowyn.

I'll never wash these eyes again.
Back from a long retirement

Quote from: "EvilRoeSlade"Arwen/Eowyn.

I'll never wash these eyes again.

I feel like EvilRoeSlade is my brother....
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

My mom says I should stay away from AC....

:wink:
Do you know what you're doing, man?"
"Why should that stop me?"

I search for a game that is exactly like Armageddon, except in a snowy place.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

The application waiting time is OK. I am still shocked of the death of my old char. I don't want to think about Armageddon that moment. That is the reason why I have always a backup char.
The saturday is awful! I have to wait and wait. I play anthor MUD too, a Star wars MUD. If it is down too, or no other player is around I check the reviews and new Muds on mudconnect and Mud Top Sites. Could happen that I am stuck a day or so on another MUD. And besides that I sort my papers and maps finally.

28 hours so far.

I have sinned, and re-installed Diablo 2.

I swear there are no feelings involved, I am thinking about Arm the whole time, and I'll feel terrible tomorrow morning.

I cant believe I am that desperate.

There is no way I am going back to Achaea, and I dont feel like wasting my time with any other MUDs.

*sigh*

Quote from: "Akaramu"28 hours so far.

28 hours?

That is a little bit long! Isn't 24 hours the maximum? Longest time I had to wait was around 12 hours.
Shortest time was 2 minutes, no joke!
I just entered my char, logged off and wanted to send an e-mail to a   clan-immy about my next char, as I suddenly got my approval.
Creepy....

Yup. Because I want to exchange the current character on my account (who I never logged onto because I realized I really really want to play something else) for another one I emailed to the mud account.

It takes longer, I guess.

Achaea! HAHAH

THAT GAME SUCKED!!

MAN! it was worse than Dragonrealms! Which was pretty frikken bad! Achaea's ONLY upside was that it was free. It's even got a shitty hard to spell name.

Quote from: "Agent_137"Achaea! HAHAH

THAT GAME SUCKED!!

MAN! it was worse than Dragonrealms! Which was pretty frikken bad! Achaea's ONLY upside was that it was free. It's even got a shitty hard to spell name.

Not really free. I you want really  part of it you have to buy credits.

I play starcraft, or Warcraft III

They are good enough to kill free time.

And by the way Arwen/Eowyn!!

Yeahh... !
some of my posts are serious stuff

civilization 3 conquests... online or offline its just the best waste of time aside armageddon.

Of course, that's only the best computer related pass time. Better than that you've got... drugs... and... Sex. They pass the time very well. Of course drugs like marijuana mix well with Armageddon, so, not really mutually exclusive there. Sex wouldn't mix with armageddon, unless you're a f-me. Even then, it just isn't the same. Drugs and sex? I usually try to keep them seperate too, but one can often lead to the other. Drugs to help erase the memory of that nasty nasty hooker you found.

Work. Play other games. Maybe put in a special app.

Eventually, I'll get inspiration from a movie for the basic outline of a character. Generally, my characters don't pick up their ticks, constant expressions, and more specific attitudes until they're in the game for a few hours.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

I've been trying "Capitalism II" which is hugely complicated...crappy graphics, though.

I also do the different Command and Conquer games...mostly Generals and Red Alert 2, Yuri's Revenge.

I'm also a MOO3 junkie...nothing like taking over the galaxy when not taking over the Known World.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Moo3?  Moo3?  MOO3?

BLECHABLARGLBELARPBEURP.  I was so let down.

Sleep.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

QuoteI'm also a MOO3 junkie...nothing like taking over the galaxy when not taking over the Known World.

Honestly, you should be ashamed of yourself.

*blink*

Uh...okay.  I don't understand y'all's problem with MOO3.  If you get the patch (which you have to download from the website) the computer players are much more realistically ran and is a good, challenging game.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I harass people on internet forums.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

Quote from: "Callisto"I harass people on internet forums.

Wow.  So, you need to submit a new character every day?

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Eat healthier food that doesn't have to be snackable from the computer desk. ;)

Sleep on a regular schedule.

Wonder if I need help when I say 'Krath' as an exclaimation IRL. :twisted:
color=darkred][size=9]Complaints of unfairness on the part of
other players will not be given an audience.
If you think another character was mean
to you, you're most likely right.[/color][/size]