Longest Lived Character (RL Time with Same Character)

Started by Twilight, February 10, 2004, 07:01:41 AM

How long in RL have you had the same character alive in the game?

1 week
1 (1%)
1 month
2 (2.1%)
2 months
6 (6.2%)
3 months
11 (11.3%)
4 to 6 months
16 (16.5%)
6 to 9 months
14 (14.4%)
9 months to 1 year
11 (11.3%)
1 to 2 years
22 (22.7%)
2 to 3 years
10 (10.3%)
3+ years
4 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Voting closed: February 10, 2004, 07:01:41 AM

This is part of a pair of polls, dealing with how long people have had the same character.

How long in real life have you had the same character?  This is not the time actively spent playing the character in the game, see other poll for that, but rather you started playing Nov 1, and he died Jan 1, so you played 2 months sort of poll.  It would be great if people could make a note of long abscences from playing the character in a message, but include that time in the poll (So 6 months total, 2 gone would be 6).

I'm interested in knowing how many RL months and years people have held onto their character, watching other characters coming and going, becoming a mainstay for a time in the sometimes fleeting character lives that seem to pass in and out of the game.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

I assume you want the responders to answer about their -current- PC, yes?  Not their longest-lived ever, or most favorite, correct?

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Quote from: "Seeker"I assume you want the responders to answer about their -current- PC, yes?  Not their longest-lived ever, or most favorite, correct?

Seeker

Pssst Seeker bubby sweetie snookems darlin... the title of the thread implies that you're being asked to pick which category applies to your -longest lived- character.

So, how many months/years/weeks did you longest-lived character live, in real-time?

Bestatte is correct, sorry if it wasn't clear.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

It's only unclear if you don't read that huge, bold-font style title blazed across the top of the page.

Or if you have the perceptive skills of a dried out starfish.

Seeker
(I will, of course, forgive your error this time)
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

My longest lived character in real life was the 38 day old character, who's life spanned a year and three months. During that time I took three leaves of absence, each about a month to two long.

My longest lived character in days played, the 52 day old character, was accomplished in roughly six months. At the time, I had a wealthy girlfriend, who liked the fact that I kicked it at the house so much ....  :shock:
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

3+ Years?!!!
3+ Years?!!!
3+ Years?!!!
3+ Years?!!!
What? You give up playing for some years then returned to game?
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

My current PC is the longest lived in RL time, about 2 months. I've had 4 all together, and each one lives longer than the next. :)
Surrender!"
"You mean you wish to surrender to me? Very well, I accept."

I had a 100+ day char in one year. Do the math ;)

Quote from: "Dead Newbie"I had a 100+ day char in one year. Do the math ;)

Was that one exact year, or around the same time?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I had a 43day char that was around for 13 months RT

My 117day lived 7 months RT.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: "X-D"I had a 43day char that was around for 13 months RT

My 117day lived 7 months RT.

I don't know wether to be amazed, or frightened, that you logged that many hours on a pc, in that short amount of time.

That is what we call insanely fucking uber.

*tips his hat to X-D*

Currently on my second char. Sadly my run of not seeing the dreaded mantis ended recently and lasted a year and three months. Fifty-two days played with him. :cry:
B