The way and emotions

Started by UnderSeven, January 17, 2004, 12:29:46 PM

Quote from: "Delirium"psi *a feeling of dread*

say *Raising his fists* Aye gov'nah, le's fight!

Is this a MUD or an AOL chatroom? When the little stars start to appear I begin to get confused and angry and start to break windows and punch people in the face.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

I was illustrating a point, Carnage.

I don't agree with imagery in psionic communication, either. Emotions are another story. If you have a mind-to-mind link with someone, emotion would probably be the easiest thing to send.

Quote from: "Delirium"I was illustrating a point, Carnage.

I don't agree with imagery in psionic communication, either. Emotions are another story. If you have a mind-to-mind link with someone, emotion would probably be the easiest thing to send.

I hate to do this, because I think it's part of what keeps the mud alive that players and staff sometimes have good discourse, but when an overlord says something is fine to be done in game, I sort of take that as the papal seal on the action.  What is it you do not like about sending or receiving images over the way?

There is definitely imagery in psionics, and there is even a rare message involving someone's image in your mind from use of one of the non-karma psionic skills.

So, if a PC sends you a *hazy image* are you going to acknowledge it in game?

Quote from: "Carnage"

Is this a MUD or an AOL chatroom? When the little stars start to appear I begin to get confused and angry and start to break windows and punch people in the face.
So you're in support of some kind of psi emote too, Carnage?
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"
Quote from: "Carnage"

So you're in support of some kind of psi emote too, Carnage?

I wouldn't say 'support'. I really don't care if it goes in or not, I'm just bringing up a few points. I do the stupid ** crap and I hate it because it reminds me of crap like :::walks into the cellar and sayz hey baby:::.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

This is a way old post so...mleh

I picture the way as what giladreal on Lord of the Rings does when she sees frodo with the ring the first time. In the forest.

Anyway, it comes into the mind via a voice, the person's voice.

Therefore, emotions could not be portrayed, unless it is about tone of voice.

Just my Humble opinion though...
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict