VOTE!!

Started by __Torax__, January 06, 2004, 04:15:39 PM

The subject should explain it all.

- Torax -
ocking a fake scream, the badass scorpion exclaims to you, in
sirihish:
"Ah! Scorpions! I pissed my Wyvern trousers! Ah!"

Great Tek's Balls, we're eighth!  For the love of Muk's whiskers, vote!  Vote now!  Why are you still reading this, you are supposed to be voting?

http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=sanvean
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Sorry.. I can't vote.. can only vote every 12 hours..
So I do from two different ISP's :)
So.. my 4 votes a day aren't going to do it..
l armageddon è la mia aggiunta.

Is there some software that can change your ip address so I can cheat topmudsites and get us a ton of votes?
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Dont be rediculous. They would ban us or something.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Oh.....well then....forget that idea.  I guess we don't really want a whole pile of H&Sers who can't RP worth shit all over our game.

Here here, I will drink to that.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

How many of these threads asking/telling/demanding this do we need on the GDB?
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

i agree....MAKE A STICKY!

How many do we need?

42!

Besides, it isn't like the old ones hang around forever and ever, they get deleted eventually.  And a new thread is much less revolting than when someone posts "*bump*".  I hate stupid bump posts.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

If there was a sticky, no one would read it after it was first posted.

I always vote. Voting is your friend. I used to vote for Achaea, but it really doesnt deserve its high rating... actually, now that I think about it, no MUD who doesnt enforce roleplay deserves a high rating.

There's enough hack&slay / level threadmill games with graphics out there  :P

Yeah. Don't be a fucking idiot and try to cheat, you'll only get the MUD in trouble.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Quote from: "uberjazz"I guess we don't really want a whole pile of H&Sers who can't RP worth shit all over our game.
I, for one, will disagree. Many of the current players came from H&S muds. The feel of the game might go down for a moment, but they would catch on, and they would leave, or they would stay. I welcome H&Sers, MUXers, MUSHers, MU*ers, and MMPORGers. I welcome everyone.

Some of the twinkiest newbies go on to become some of the best players.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Hmm.. sorry. But how do i vote. Im at work and dont know if work filter some. But should i press the "Vote here" that pops up when i press link. Or is it inside the site that i have missed.

Click the blue "VOTE" button that appears that the top of the GDB index, then click the "Vote for this site and enter" graphic that appears on the page that comes up.

Quote from: "uberjazz"Oh.....well then....forget that idea.  I guess we don't really want a whole pile of H&Sers who can't RP worth shit all over our game.

I think the application for a char is a good barrier. And most players will show them the right way.  :twisted:
Do you know what you're doing, man?"
"Why should that stop me?"

It does go to another site...the site that you're voting for Armageddon on.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Hmm. Did it ever raise above rank 6?
Do you know what you're doing, man?"
"Why should that stop me?"

Mudconnecter reset, vote as you wish. :)

GO VOTE.

I remember when we use to be at #5 and #6 regularly. Now with more players we're normally down at #7 and #8

It cant' be other muds are more popular. It's we're being lazier :P

WE ARE #9! VOTE!
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Nah. Its not us being lazier, the other muds are using IC benefits to get people to vote. Especially Iron Realms loves to do that... look at Aetolia, it was nowhere, and now jumped up to #3. One guild in Achaea even forces their young members to vote regularly. Which is sorta wrong if you ask me.

Arm gets a huge amount of votes if you look at our player base compared to other MUD's player numbers. So there's not much we could do to get more votes... our players vote because they love the game, not because they gain IC benefits for doing so. =P

The little blurb on TMS, under our ranking, should read: Habitually a top 10er, with no IC rewards for voting. Come play a real MUD.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I second that.

How is ARM not first? Have you ever even tried the others... they are awful...

Quote from: "Cameron0202"How is ARM not first? Have you ever even tried the others... they are awful...
Yes, but there are a lot of H&S twinks out there that are all about getting IC rewards for voting.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

IC rewards for voting. That is stupid! That is outrageous! You can't call it the top mud sites then. Arm is number one, any game you just enter in and kill things pointless thing is fun for a few minutes IMHO. Blah, I am going to go vote for Arm again,

Arm in #10 while I'm writing this post... So just a small click.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

Quote from: "spawnloser"
Quote from: "Cameron0202"How is ARM not first? Have you ever even tried the others... they are awful...
Yes, but there are a lot of H&S twinks out there that are all about getting IC rewards for voting.

From the rules at Topmudsites:

How often can I vote?
Your vote will count only once every 12 hours. For the most part, the script will stop someone from inflating their votes. If I catch you cheating, I'll give you a warning, then suspend you, then ban you from the list. The integrity of this site is based on the fact that cheating will not get you to the top, and that the rankings are as fair as they can be.

Can I offer rewards for voting?
You CANNOT offer incentives or rewards to players for voting. That means you cannot give players items, experience, or anything else in return for votes. You cannot display different messages based on whether someone voted or not, or reward a player for voting by not showing messages.

If you know the IC rewards to be true, how about you do a little spying for topmudsites?

Arma doesn't deserve 10th rank in the Top Muds page.. Keep voting or I will make you suffer in the hands of the southern templarate.. :)
"A few warriors dare to challange me, if so one fewer."
---------------------------
"Train yourself to let go everything you fear to lose." Master Yoda
---------------------------
"A warrior does not let a friend face danger alone." Lt. Worf

Vote for Arm. TMS has been reset and we're #21.

Up to number 13!

WE'RE IN 17!WHAT IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE?!?
Quote from: Saikun
I can tell you for sure it won't be tonight. So no point in poking at it all night long. I'd suggest sleep, or failing that, take to the streets and wreak havoc.

Quote from: "Agent_137"i already voted today.

On that site, you can vote every 12 hours.