worst death?

Started by R.i.p., December 08, 2003, 06:44:40 PM

What has been your PC death experience?

I know mine, It was very recently (hence me posting this question).
I was playing and my char was walking, all of sudden i look away from the screen and notice my puppy pooping on te floor, i quickly type rest and rush over to remedy the doggydoo situation and when i return i see the loathed , feared and respected mantis head. I was so ticked but i accepted death since it was one of my favored chars.
Anyone else have something as so upsetting happen to them?J
ust curious.

oops i meant worst pc death experience,
sorry i missed that in the first post.

What happened?  Can't you scroll up?
Back from a long retirement

*winces*
I'd.. so.. rather not go there!

Let's just say it included two very loved characters and a volley of NPC spears.  :)

Alas no, I use telnet and I couldnt scroll up that high.

thats sucks R.i.p. but i can sympathize, I was busy fighting a NPC when my sis came up to the computer and hit the little x button that closed my telnet window.
oh I'm on fire.

My PC on a kank...2 gith...and no shield...enough said.  :(
Surrender!"
"You mean you wish to surrender to me? Very well, I accept."

A brand new character and I was still relatively knew to the mud.  My city-elf warrior/hunter was by no ranger, but wanted to get back to the wilderness, which his city tribe had left behind mostly...so he hooks up with a desert elf...and gets run out of stamina when the two go out hunting.  Lo and behold, in walks a gortok...and eats me.  Most annoying.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Most brutal deaths, or most OOCly "damnit that shouldn't have happened!" deaths? I don't have any of the latter..

But let's see...

A creature which will go unnamed fed my first character to its young... while she was still alive. Talk about gruesome...

And as for the rest of my deaths, all I have to say is..

You hear a woman's voice shout from the east in an unfamiliar tongue:
    "Kumi! Kucy! HA HA HA!"

Ok, so, I'm this 5'4 little woman. Sure, I'm a warrior, but still, I'm short! Anyways, I'd just recently had twins, and I had also just taken a trip north with my boss. So I was walking around seeing the sights, and since this was my first char to see the north, I had no clue what anything was. So, I saw this Army Camp sitting out near the Sanct, and I'm all like, hey, there's kanks just SITTING there. Are they crazy? So I type enter camp, and the TWO HG that were guarding it were unable to stop me. Shows me how good the militia up there was. No wonder the north took back over! Of course, I died. I still to this day think that is INSANLY unfair. I mean, TWO HG couldn't stop a tiny woman with babies in eather arm? Who was walking? ~sighs~

-Tortall, who still misses that char.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

One of my characters had to run from a huge manhunt taking place to find him. Successfully getting away and hiding in safety he attempts to make his way south, only to fall into a hole and die.
ocking a fake scream, the badass scorpion exclaims to you, in
sirihish:
"Ah! Scorpions! I pissed my Wyvern trousers! Ah!"

I managed to pull off a defection from a very large organization, sold them out, and was promptly betrayed to the people who I was selling out to (after they got the information I had first of course).  So, the organization I escaped from comes with a wagon to get me.  My character is blinded while he waits for his former employer to come get him.  It is safe to say they are going to torture and kill me.  So, I wait without putting up a fight while the wagon comes to get me without speaking or putting up a fight, all the while getting ready to try and escape.  The wagon comes and I am thrown a nasty old mul.  While my former employer talks with the people who captured me the blinding wears off.  So, I am in this wagon with a unit of soldiers, some more soldiers, a Templar, a horrifically powerful man, and I am in the arms of a mul.  

I figure I am dead and I might as well spare myself the torture by getting myself killed now.  So, I start to violently struggle to get away from the mul that has me subdued.  The people who captured me offer to put me down as I violently struggle like an animal.  My over confident employer shakes his head and tells the templar not to bother, confident that the mul can hold me down.  No one bothers to emote blocking the exits, no one responds to my struggling other then the mul that is trying to hold me down.  While they are chatting and I am fighting like an animal, I break free.  I promptly run my ass out of the wagon and take off.  I escape to a safe place by the skin of my teeth, fighting off a soldier unarmed to get there.  The next day I am in my new safe place and I get cocky.  I decide to see if the soldiers are still after me.  A half giant subdues me.  I break free from the half giant TWICE.  Because I am a little lagged I don't get away from the half-giant before he resubdues me both times.  I get dragged to jail and I get killed trying to escape.

I kicked my own ass for hours after words.  First, checking to see if the guards still wanted me was fucking stupid.  Second, the fact that code wise I broke free twice and I still didn't get away because I was lagged drove me nuts.  It was a crappy end to a great character who had performed more stuff in his life then all of my other characters put together.  Gah.

yeah.. 3 minutes after my three hours was up..
I was caught stealing from some chick..
then A soldier saw me.. attacked me.. no warning whatsoever..
I fled.. into a room with only one exit.. so I waited.. and waited... then fours soldiers popped in and killed me.. never saw them enter..
it was a e, kill elf thing..

My most memorable character who accomplished the most out of any of my PC's died to a "get all" with no wielded weapons to an NPC who he normally could have killed without being hit once. Well, the NPC didn't finish him, but being TOO FULL to eat a TABLET!!! killed him shortly afterwards. Fuck. Yes I am still bitter. Yes it was a year ago.

Quote from: "Northlander"*winces*
I'd.. so.. rather not go there!

Let's just say it included two very loved characters and a volley of NPC spears.  :)

I feel you there, Northlander. I lost a great one to that myself.
 staff member sends:
    "The mind you are trying to reach is disconnected or no longer in service.
If you feel you have reached this recording in error... trust us. We know. = message A-16"

*cough* I had an extremely lucky and extremely rich character once, escaped death in many crazy situations when he should have died.

One day I was being chased by an npc, so I ducked into a bar and ducked in the back, kneeling behind a table.

The npc walks in, and is spamming hunt. I'm like, hey, I'm gonna fix that, cuz he -should- have found me. Instead of wishing up for the npc to attack me, I decide to jump up and launch myself into it. I thought being part of a clan in which the bar was owned by would have me safe, but alas, I died in 2 rounds to about a pagefull of NPC going aggro. I kicked myself ALOT.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

One of my favorite characters who had great things turning around in a few OOC days. Got hit in the head with a gith spear. Guess it was an instant death. :( Terrible terrible thing.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Recently had a hunter character that was a riot to play, and was involved with some interesting characters and some intriguing, albeit small and unimportant, plots.

Anyways, my character came across a large, tasty-looking herbivore and (eventually) engaged it in melee combat. It smacked him silly, so he ran away a room or two. My sister had been bugging me to help her pack all day, so I decided to give her a hand until the 'You're too excited to leave yet!' thing wore off, and I could log out proper. Since this NPC I fought was a non-aggro PC, and even an auto-flee one at that, I figured my hunter was relatively safe. Heh, I was quite wrong. I came back when my sister was done with her luggage to check on things... I saw some combat stuff flash by, assessed my enemy, and had a moment of drama when I typed 'score' and saw I had -4 HP... Then that blasted mantis head. The fact that the NPC in question was 'near death' when it overtook my character didn't help to calm my rage.

He bit off more than he could chew, and the thing he bit managed to chew him. Who'd of thunk it?

What made me so angry about the death was the fact that it could have been easily prevented. If I had been standing instead of mounted at the time, I might've lived. If my character was holding a weapon, he might've lived. If I stayed ten seconds longer before leaving, or took a quick break from my sister's packing to check my character, I might've lived. If I hadn't decided to fight the beast, I might've lived (although I did fight it for IC reasons, I assure you). But that's Arm, for you. I'm sure soon I'll make another character who will be even more entertaining soon enough.

*KABOOM*
Nilazi cantrip:
You get a brief image of a pasty-white twenty-something hunched over a plastic tray and staring into a shining box as @ begins his incantation.

I was playing a northlands rebellion PC for a while. I was pretty excited about the PC, because I'd just come off of a really long-lived isolationist character, and I was enjoying being in the midst of some action.

Anyway, I was out hunting and ran into a certain beastie, but I wasn't that far from camp. I kill the beastie, but it manages to poison me. "No big deal," I thought. "I have cures at the camp."

So, just as I'm heading back to camp, my father-in-law-to-be drops in. I knew he was coming to our house, but he was extremely early. My fiance (his daughter) wasn't home, so I had to answer the door and entertain him. Then, I had to help him bring his things inside, then I had to have a drink with him and make him feel at home.

All the while, I'm thinking about my poor poisoned PC. Now, my father-in-law is like a blue-collar, salt-of-the-earth, football-loving, meat-and-potatoes, kind of guy. He isn't going to appreciate it if I tell him to excuse me, while I go save my character in this weird text-based fantasy game that I play. In fact, he'd probably wonder what kind of freak his daughter was marrying.

Needless to say, after an hour and a half (he finally decided to take a shower), I snuck off to check my computer and find my PC dead.

The moral of the story: Sometimes one must choose between real life relationships and PCs. The choise is not easy, but real life takes precedence.;)
ack to retirement for the school year.

Quote from: "Bakha"
The moral of the story: Sometimes one must choose between real life relationships and PCs. The choise is not easy, but real life takes precedence.;)

*Glances around slowly* When was someone going to explain that to me? All this time I thought my PC mattered more than life... Oh wait.. It does..
ocking a fake scream, the badass scorpion exclaims to you, in
sirihish:
"Ah! Scorpions! I pissed my Wyvern trousers! Ah!"

I was a dwarven explorer. I was with a friend. I was on a kank, and was not traveling with the best skills south. We were half way to Allanak from Luirs when my friend heads south, and I am stuck for a moment trying to get my mount to go. The next thing I know, my friend is dead on the ground. I was a newb at the time also. I was quickly knocked off my kank and killed with in a number of seconds. I scrolled up and saw that a pack of gith had gotten.

Oh well,

Quote:Death us just another part of the game. I realize that now and accept all my chars. deaths with more ease.
uppers.

Alright, here's my worst death.

I'm a tribal hunter.  During an event in which I called an imaginary person who worked for a certain clan a wench, I got subdued by somebody in that clan who then dragged me into the compound, managing to stay clear of NPC soldiers.  They proceed to kill me.

I E-mail the clan immortal and complain that it seemed an excessive punishment, but she tells me that the death was due to a bug.  She implied that I probably wouldn't get ressurected for it, so I never bothered with a ressurection app and I moved on.
Back from a long retirement

In the middle of plotting death for a raider who tried to kill me.  Walk back in through the gates with something illegal in my pockets and get killed.

Meanwhile, outside the gates are my buddies, waiting to jump him.

Worst death case for me was with my favorite sorcerer PC.

My vile fella had a master teaching him the secrets of the dark arts.  He was a loyal apprentice, my guy, and it was time to meet another of master's lackeys.  Master told my fellow he was leaving it up to him as to whether this other lackey lives and serves, or dies (and serves through that. heh heh).

Well, we used magick to get to where the lackey was, but it was dark.  My fellow could magickally see, but that wears off.  Terrible thing is that where ever we were, it prevented the casting of magick, so my fella was effectively blind.  He couldn't see to continue following his master and was left behind.

Instead of simply sitting and waiting for master's return, I decide to have him try to get out of where he was.  Of course he wanders into a death trap in the dark.   :evil:

The End.   :cry:
-Naatok the Naughty Monkey

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.

Playing a desert elf in a clan. Myself and a group of about 10 others go out to confront other PCs about something in our situation.

Half-way there, we run into a pack of mantis.
I was visiting my folks and using my pop's computer - before he had a cable modem, so picking up the phone would produce serious lag.
It went a little something like this:

The big ugly mantis has arrived from the north (*5)
A big ugly mantis strikes at you, nicking your arm.
hp 89/100> flee
(nothing)

A big ugly mantis strikes at you, hitting your head.
The really nasty mantis wields a weapon, grazing your arm.
hp 59/100> FLEE
(nothing)

(Frantic pressing of keys ensues as the screen flashes by quickly)

You have lost your connection....

I type 'connect ginka.armageddon.org 4050' - lag then drop
I type 'connect ginka.armageddon.org 4050' a little more frantically - lag then drop
...connecting to ginka.armageddon.org 4050

hp 04/100> FLE
Your vision goes black.
*Beep* Welcome to Armageddon!

It rather sucked, heh.
Atalya