the +

Started by shadeoux, June 15, 2024, 01:01:32 PM

Quote from: talos on July 03, 2024, 04:38:56 PMDoesn't the + symbol go away after 6 hours of the last time you've learned the skill?

https://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Skills

"Skills that you have improved by failing at in the last 6 hours are indicated with a "+" after the aptitude or power level. "

The '+' goes away after a few hours.

However skills that cap lower than master, eg. raider forage, still continue to get + after failure even though they are capped.

On a side tangent would recommend lowering the '+' reset to 4 hours, but i digress.

Quote from: Riev on July 03, 2024, 03:58:47 PMBased on the help file, it DOES specify:

This indicator is NOT shown for the hide and
scan skills, and it isn't shown once your skill aptitude is in the "master"
category.

So I'm thinking if you max at Advanced, it will continue showing the +

This shouldn't be the case. Ursun just said we should not be seeing + after reaching the cap.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

You think:
"No! Please leave me be whoever you are."

You sense a foreign presence withdraw from your mind.

Quote from: talos on July 03, 2024, 04:38:56 PMDoesn't the + symbol go away after 6 hours of the last time you've learned the skill?

"Skills that you have improved by failing at in the last 6 hours are indicated with a "+" after the aptitude or power level. "

This is not the question Talos. We're expecting not the see the +, after we reach the cap of a skill.

You think:

Quote from: eska on July 03, 2024, 05:04:03 PM

This is not the question Talos. We're expecting not the see the +, after we reach the cap of a skill.

Let's see if I understand.

You have the skill - juggling.   You're currently 49/50, which is the cap for your class.   There is another class that gets it up to 95.

At midnight, you gain some skill, so it goes from 49 -> 50/50.
Your skill list would show:
juggling+       (journeyman)

After 6 hours, it should show:
juggling        (journeyman)

Is that correct?

The issue being reported and I have had it also, is that even though you are at 50/50, you still get the + when you fail. If your class skill caps at journeyman or advanced the + keeps appearing even when you have reached it. Yes, it does go away after six hours, but it keeps coming back or never leaves because it is a skill that fails so frequently.

Quote from: talos on July 03, 2024, 05:19:52 PM
Quote from: eska on July 03, 2024, 05:04:03 PM

Let's see if I understand.

You have the skill - juggling.  You're currently 49/50, which is the cap for your class.  There is another class that gets it up to 95.

At midnight, you gain some skill, so it goes from 49 -> 50/50.
Your skill list would show:
juggling+      (journeyman)

After 6 hours, it should show:

Is that correct?

After 6 hours, I should keep seeing
however many times I fail at that skill.

You think:

Quote from: cnemus on July 03, 2024, 05:24:52 PMThe issue being reported and I have had it also, is that even though you are at 50/50, you still get the + when you fail. If your class skill caps at journeyman or advanced the + keeps appearing even when you have reached it. Yes, it does go away after six hours, but it keeps coming back or never leaves because it is a skill that fails so frequently.

Ahh, I understand now.

I didn't see a bug report in the request tool about this.  I found one in the bug command list, though.  I'll report it upstairs.

Quote from: talos on July 03, 2024, 05:32:17 PM
Quote from: cnemus on July 03, 2024, 05:24:52 PMThe issue being reported and I have had it also, is that even though you are at 50/50, you still get the + when you fail. If your class skill caps at journeyman or advanced the + keeps appearing even when you have reached it. Yes, it does go away after six hours, but it keeps coming back or never leaves because it is a skill that fails so frequently.

Ahh, I understand now.

I didn't see a bug report in the request tool about this.  I found one in the bug command list, though.  I'll report it upstairs.
Thanks.

You think:

I see the problem! Thanks for reporting this.
"I wasn't afraid," said Pooh, said he,
"I'm never afraid with you."

I'm having a different issue. Not sure if it is intentional or a bug but used 'learn' while a PC was on skellebain and had all learns open. not a single + even though telling me that 3 of the 4 took. Next PC, clearly hasn't used learn yet, use learn on 4 skills (3 in 1 skill category, 1 in another), none of the skills get a +. Is my account bugged? Why aren't + signs showing on things when I have learn slots open and know for a fact I'm sitting at a skill that has not had a single IC fail yet, so only learn could have given a + for any of the things, and there was not a + near even one of them.

Quote from: dumbstruck on July 04, 2024, 01:55:13 AMI'm having a different issue. Not sure if it is intentional or a bug but used 'learn' while a PC was on skellebain and had all learns open. not a single + even though telling me that 3 of the 4 took. Next PC, clearly hasn't used learn yet, use learn on 4 skills (3 in 1 skill category, 1 in another), none of the skills get a +. Is my account bugged? Why aren't + signs showing on things when I have learn slots open and know for a fact I'm sitting at a skill that has not had a single IC fail yet, so only learn could have given a + for any of the things, and there was not a + near even one of them.
Learn doesn't show +. Meaning you can increase the skill traditionally and use learn at the same time.

You think:

Quote from: eska on July 04, 2024, 01:59:09 AM
Quote from: dumbstruck on July 04, 2024, 01:55:13 AMI'm having a different issue. Not sure if it is intentional or a bug but used 'learn' while a PC was on skellebain and had all learns open. not a single + even though telling me that 3 of the 4 took. Next PC, clearly hasn't used learn yet, use learn on 4 skills (3 in 1 skill category, 1 in another), none of the skills get a +. Is my account bugged? Why aren't + signs showing on things when I have learn slots open and know for a fact I'm sitting at a skill that has not had a single IC fail yet, so only learn could have given a + for any of the things, and there was not a + near even one of them.
Learn doesn't show +. Meaning you can increase the skill traditionally and use learn at the same time.

Thank you. I guess for some reason it seemed like if your skill raised it should show in my mind and I just wasn't making sense of why it wasn't doing that.