Question on Citizenship

Started by Athapaxis, June 04, 2024, 09:29:48 PM

Something I've always wondered...  There's a mark that you get that identifies you as one of those gross Northerners.  But the docs talk about Citizenship in Allanak as well.  I've been asked before if I was a citizen - but is there any actual proof - or anything in code that makes it so?

If a person had the right accent and they were willing to -gasp- lie - would they be able to pass themselves off as a citizen?

I don't think we are supposed to discuss the intricacies of code beyond what is in the helpfile.

I would say though that you set your origin at character creation. There are various IC ways to discover just about anything. Lying and deception are time honored ways of roleplaying. There is probably a balance between how much effect that lie might have and the motivation of those who might be able to discover or do something about the revelation.

tl;dr Don't piss off templars. Lie well.

Allanak has no 'proof' of citizenship like Tuluk does.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

I had a tribal earn citizenship once. He was told to talk right, dress right, and act right. Then if anyone who isn't another Templar has a problem, tell them Templar  Vak granted your citizenship.

I've always treated Allanak like the kind've place that has subjects rather than citizens. Mostly this is how it plays out, anyhow
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

"Hello fellow humans, I too am a citizen of this fine city you have here".

"Okee dokee"
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

change accent southern

Allanaki citizen ship was something that I dealt with a lot during a particular time.

Birth records aren't kept for commoners; that would be like keeping a birth certificate for every dog or rat born - it isn't feasible and no one really cares...unless you have a great bloodline. Nobles keep track of their breeding.

You are a citizen if you act like an Allanaki, sound like an Allanaki, and someone important doesn't say otherwise. It helps to bribe your local authority if you want some sort of validation (The important person says, "Sure...he is a citizen".
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

Are gemmed considered citizens or other?

Quote from: papertiger on June 07, 2024, 11:15:03 AMAre gemmed considered citizens or other?

being gemmed is independent of being a citizen. you can be a citizen that's gemmed, or you can be a foreigner that's gemmed.

Quote from: Agent_137 on June 07, 2024, 11:28:18 AM
Quote from: papertiger on June 07, 2024, 11:15:03 AMAre gemmed considered citizens or other?

being gemmed is independent of being a citizen. you can be a citizen that's gemmed, or you can be a foreigner that's gemmed.

Either way, you're still scum.