Worst... EMOTE... Ever...!

Started by FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit, December 05, 2003, 07:28:45 PM

What's your worst EMOTE ever?

Personally, I think mine just happened. I don't want to give the details, but I'm pretty sure I used the word 'quietly' three times in one sentence. *Shakes head in dismay*
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

the slight man shakes his head slightly, while slightly bringing his finger to draw along his slight nose
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I don't think I have one single emote that's bad, just a repeating -nod- over and over again while listening to someone, you'd think my PC's neck would start to hurt after about the 20th -nod-.  :D
Surrender!"
"You mean you wish to surrender to me? Very well, I accept."

I seem to remember making a serious typo and developing 'sticky enter
key' syndrome at the same time.

I have a bad habit of emoting three things at once:

emote does x, y-ing as he z-s.

Which is ok when it makes sense. :)

I'm sure I've done 'emote think blah blah' more than once.

And I'm still embarrassed at my attempts to do things like pour two
different types of wine into four glasses and get them to the right people
at a VIP meeting, when there were six or more mystery liquids in the
drinks cabinet.

"Errr, is Flame alright for you, Lord Templar?"

Quote from: "Inquisitor"And I'm still embarrassed at my attempts to do things like pour two
different types of wine into four glasses and get them to the right people
at a VIP meeting, when there were six or more mystery liquids in the
drinks cabinet.

"Errr, is Flame alright for you, Lord Templar?"

Heh!  That totally takes me back to a certain aide I played.  Trying to decide if it was better to serve spice ale or water to a Nakki templar.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

:pees south intently.

ooc Rofl!

Up arrow.

:peers south intently.

I once made a reference to the effect of looking into a shower, rather then a temple.

I was thinking I needed to get in the shower while talking on the phone with a friend, since I was planning on going out that night and it just bled into my rushed emotes and such. On the whole it was very embaressing.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

:shiting in her seat, @ settles in upon ~couch and makes herself more comfortable

*sigh*

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Shortly after coming on staff, I agreed to play a Nenyuki senior agent at a big meeting to take place in the Northlands.

Well, I kept trying to finger my Nenyuki signet ring. Unfortunately, I believe I was fingering Kavindra Nenyuk....repeatedly.

emo absently fingering ~nenyuk, @ glances around the room
ack to retirement for the school year.

emo (Then I hit control v to bring up something I had copied, that was someone talking at a bar, and instead of hitting ' I hit enter)The bulbous crouched elf says in allundean "Something something".

My first though afterwards was "Jenyus ... ueda"
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

As a matter of fact, I had a pretty atrocious one a while ago.  One of my friends kept linking me to something in AIM, and I had it in my clipboard because I was looking at it (it was a site about hats made out of meat, including pictures).  So, here I am, trying to play the game, and my cat comes from out of nowhere, steps on the mouse, and in the middle of a say emote, I blurt out a link to a website about hats made of meat.
I don't think I could possibly have apologized enough for something that stupid.

So...background, my character was just disrobing for one reason or another.  I meant to take off my pants, but...well...yeah.

QuoteThe guy pants.
*sigh*  Stupid 'R' key.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Depending on the situation, emote pants isn't really all that bad of an emote.

Of course I'd prefer something more explicit like "emote pants with lust"  or "emote pants tiredly as he lies down" but each to their own.
Back from a long retirement

Well...I suppose that should be filed under 'amusing typos' rather than 'worst emote,' but it was so not right for the situation...
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I was gonna remove my boots, just forgot the boots part

As her legs dangle over the side of a heavy baobab bed, the girl removes them with a few light kicks.