Thanks Halaster!

Started by Armaddict, October 26, 2023, 09:37:59 AM

Hey man!

Just wanted to say that as an observer, I think you did a pretty kickass job, particularly with what you were dealing with a lot of the time.  Glad you took it on, and also glad you get to keep yourself healthy.  May your stress levels eternally fall!  Thanks for the time you dedicated!
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Seconded, thanks Halaster. Sorry we broke you. This is why we can't have nice things.

Halaster was easily one of my favorite staff members and I don't even slightly blame him for stepping down. This community is constantly at eachother's throats and the toxicity chases a lot of people away.
I was told this game was full of twinks, all I found was power gamers.

I can't agree more. Happy to see you're not turning your back on the game. Here's to seeing some awesome coding projects in the future :)
I've said it before, but I think Halaster is one of the most level headed, and self aware producers this game has had.
Enjoy your rest, and thanks!
Try to be the gem in each other's shit.

I'm glad he's sticking around because otherwise, the Halaster forum signature stating I agreed with him would live forever.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Thank you for everything you do man. I know you deal with a lot of shit.

Without you this game we all love would just be memories, and I'de be pretty sad about that.

So thank you.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: Fredd on October 26, 2023, 12:18:25 PMThank you for everything you do man. I know you deal with a lot of shit.

Without you this game we all love would just be memories, and I'de be pretty sad about that.

So thank you.

I agree with this. Thank you.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Thank you Halaster! I'm sorry it came to this, but I'm glad you are doing what's best for you!

Quote from: Armaddict on October 26, 2023, 09:37:59 AMMay your stress levels eternally fall!  Thanks for the time you dedicated!

Really, thanks for all that you've done, do and will do!
The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!

Thank you for all the fun and all the work you have done.
Just having fun.

Many thanks, and good luck.

Impressed that you did it for as long as you did, bravo.

You do not have my permission to leave.

October 26, 2023, 01:36:42 PM #11 Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 02:00:40 PM by Inks
You were/are an amazing staffer! Thank you for all the good times and efforts!

You are up there with the GOAT staffers.

Quote from: Fredd on October 26, 2023, 12:18:25 PMThank you for everything you do man. I know you deal with a lot of shit.

So thank you.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Thank you, Halaster.

I remember when you left before and came back.

Always appreciated your work.  If Halaster was involved, you knew it was great.

You will be missed.

Olafson

I'm glad for what you contributed, and sorry to see you go. There will be quite some boots to fill.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Hey Halaster,

I've been off in the world trying to get married and haven't played any game in months.

I just wanted to drop in and say how much I appreciate the time and dedication you put into the cause.

I recall you dropping into the discord voice comms to just shoot the shit and see what players were getting into and laughing--taking feedback and integrating it at a level of administration nobody wanted to have anything to do with.

I enjoyed your emphasis on wider considerations and attention to detail. You know the code better than I ever will and have probably forgotten more of the game than I'll ever know.

Enjoy the relief well earned, know you're going out as one of the legends, and take care of yourself brother. Don't be shy if you ever want to say hello.

All the best,

- Aruven

Hell yeah, I like Halaster! Thanks man!

But seriously though.... am I an outcast or something because I don't understand what arguments and negativity everyone is talking about....    T_T

You will be back.

Crackageddon Crackageddon Crackageddon Crackageddon Crackageddon Crackageddon Crackageddon Crackageddon Crackageddon
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Thank you for everything, Halaster. You've kept your cool and humorous demeanor throughout what has to be a generally exhausting time.

Perhaps this coding break will give you the time you need to return, I certainly hope so.

Halaster the Shroud of Death says, out of character:
     "oh shit, lol"

Usiku, "Seemed like Jeffrey Dahmer was pretty pro at the locked apartment kill."

Halaster is a turd.  But he is our turd, and he is an awesome turd!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Thank you for being a great leader Halaster.  Take however much time you need to recharge, you've certainly earned it, but I do hope you'll return as a Producer in the future.

I kind of want to follow him now
Just having fun.

I don't know what happened since I'm away due to RL lately, but one should be happy playing or staffing arm. I would love to see Halaster playing now. Why not?