Longest Lived

Started by Kismetic, October 12, 2023, 03:52:54 AM

Played from 23 years old to 34
Stood 5 cords, 3 inches tall. Weighed 9 ten-stone.
Fighter / Grebber
Born in Tuluk, started play in Tuluk.
Played for 92 days, 0 hours, 38 minutes.

My last PC. Lived to a ripe old age in Legacy.

Quote from: Refugee on June 11, 2024, 10:33:23 AMMy longest was Wyeth, AKA Brand, a Borsail Wyvern and later aide and advisor.  He started at 21 and I played him until he was 71, at which point he couldn't wield a sword or wear his armor.  At that point in the game it was getting hard to find anyone to sit and talk to, and there wasn't a lot else he could do anymore, so I asked staff to come up with a good way to end him.  I made a couple of suggestions but I don't actually know what finally happened.  I'd like to!  (Played for 261 days, 17 hours, 49 minutes.)

I had a lot of fun with Brand, got into a lot of plots.  He used to keep a proud score of the nobles he'd killed, helped kill, or helped destroy the careers of, but I don't remember the number exactly.  Think it was double digits though.  All of those plots were the work of more creative people, and I am grateful to all the players of the templars and Borsail nobles who thought them up!  He had a lot of good friends through his years, and he tried to tell their stories to anyone who would listen.

You got me hooked to the game, so thank you. That PC was fire.

Flaire
Human
Played from 35 years old to 39
Stood 4 cords, 11 inches tall. Weighed 7 ten-stone.
Assassin / House Servant
Played for 61 days, 1 hours, 1 minutes.
Sdesc: the tall, stubbled, blond man
Keywords: tall stubbled blond man

Nael
Human
Played from 25 years old to 36
Stood 5 cords, 1 inch tall. Weighed 8 ten-stone.
Enforcer / Bounty_Hunter
Born in Allanak, started play in Allanak.
Played for 124 days, 5 hours, 57 minutes.
Sdesc: the spartan, golden-haired man
Keywords: spartan golden haired man nael

Viron
Human
Played from 22 years old to 24
Stood 5 cords, 1 inch tall. Weighed 7 ten-stone.
Enforcer / Tailor
Played for 47 days, 14 hours, 49 minutes.
Sdesc: the statuesque auburn-haired man
Keywords: statuesque auburn-haired man sausage kitten

June 19, 2024, 04:48:56 PM #153 Last Edit: June 20, 2024, 09:36:12 AM by val
According to my notes, my longest played characters have been:

Lady Ostren Oash, 71 days and 11 hours, from November 2018 to March 2019, when I stored. Amazing players in the clan, insanely fun noble culture, great staff.

Lady Rusimell "Ru" Fale/Oash, 54 days and 17 hours, from August 2014 to August 2015, when I stored because of needing an RL break and feeling rather betrayed by my clan staff after a staffing change. The amazing players that I played around, the fun cast and crew of nobles, and the supportive clan staff throughout again made this character.

Apparently, I have a type. j/k these were insanely different characters, one exceptionally outgoing and bubbly and the other a very serious and reserved scholar, but looking through my list, all of my longest-lived characters have been sponsored roles and family role-calls.

Ru is one of my favorite characters of all time.  Was a real golden era for Allanaki noble RP.

Also a fan of Ru and Ostren in the biggest way.
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

I loved both Ru and Ostren, some of my favorite Nobles of all time, too. :))

I see a lot of really fun characters on here and I've only scrolled back a couple pages. Brand. Heejo. Amun-da. Thanks for the trips down memory lane.

Ru was so much fun!  So much RP whenever she was around, and you never really knew what would happen.
Brand wanted very much to kill Ostren and was specifically forbidden several times to try, ha!

Sorry not sorry Ostren corrupted a Borsail Lord with their shared love of books. I bet that one burned Brand's poor soul.

Wasn't he decrepit enough at that point that he was passing out regularly from using the Way? Fell off a mount during a race in the desert for one of the festivals? Or am I thinking of the wrong character.

Quote from: val on June 20, 2024, 11:35:06 AMSorry not sorry Ostren corrupted a Borsail Lord with their shared love of books. I bet that one burned Brand's poor soul.

Wasn't he decrepit enough at that point that he was passing out regularly from using the Way? Fell off a mount during a race in the desert for one of the festivals? Or am I thinking of the wrong character.
It really did hurt Brand badly that you corrupted his lord!  About being decrepit, he would always try any game or competition that came up and kept doing that until he really shouldn't have been.  And there was a point he couldn't way hardly at all without passing out.

Quote from: val on June 20, 2024, 11:35:06 AMSorry not sorry Ostren corrupted a Borsail Lord with their shared love of books. I bet that one burned Brand's poor soul.

I remember that race now.  He didn't fall off.  The harness on the two creatures drawing the chariot, or whatever it was (were they raptors?), broke and they began attacking him near the Nak gate.

Ha! That's right, I remember this race.. and for some reason my mind went instantly to the movie "A million ways to die in the west"

Somebody always dies at Ocotillo-Fest!    ::)
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: perfecto on June 20, 2024, 11:53:31 PMHa! That's right, I remember this race.. and for some reason my mind went instantly to the movie "A million ways to die in the west"

Somebody always dies at Ocotillo-Fest!    ::)
If I'd had time to think, he would've stayed to fight.  It would've been a glorious way to end him, and I'd been looking for one.  But my instincts took over and he went into the gate.  Then I took him back out after I had a moment to think, but the Byn or the Arm or someone showed up to rescue him.

Downed by raptors in a chariot race would have been memorable.