Crafted Item Sizing

Started by Synthesis, July 23, 2023, 04:51:26 PM

Would it be too much to ask for crafted clothing and armor to be:

1. (best option) Sized to specification. E.g. craft hide bone 2.bone into cuirass for short.stocky.dwarf

2. (mid option) Sized to specification for general race. E.g. craft hide bone 2.bone into cuirass for dwarf (where "dwarf" indicates the average size for a dwarf)

3. (base option) Sized to the crafter's size. E.g. dwarves create dwarf-sized items by default, elves create elf-sized items, etc.  Maybe with a limitation that half-giant clothing/armor crafters can only make a maximum of an elf-sized item, if y'all are really concerned about half-giant crafters breaking the game.

It's pretty dumb that I can whip up a cuirass from scratch, but then I have to run into town to beg Salarr to make it the right size.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

One would want to be able to do 1 or 2 in an ideal world I imagine

I think this would be a good "secondary" use for the armor repair skill, to extend the functionality out from that.

eg
>repair <item> resize <raw material>
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

August 24, 2023, 11:48:36 PM #4 Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 11:50:22 PM by Classclown
Don't mean to necro, but maybe you could size it up and down in a general manner with a fitting station. Use station size x up  or use station size x down, and the item would go up or down one size each time. You'd have to go slow and the person would have to be there for the "fitting", but you would eventually land at the right size, sort of like the bow strength adjuster item ig, if you know what I'm talking about, but for armor/clothing, with a similar possibility to tear or damage the armor if the skill isn't high enough. Call it an armorer's station for armor and a sewing station for clothes or just a general fitting station for dual use.