Value Lag

Started by Synthesis, July 05, 2023, 02:27:48 PM

Now that you can no longer spam the value command to generate a distribution of values from which you can statistically deduce value/weight without actually having a decent value skill (it has been this way for quite some time, so it's likely that many of you haven't experienced this), is there any point in having a delay on the command?
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I can see a justification for having a delay of 3 seconds.  Perhaps 6 seconds.  But nothing longer.
How long is the delay currently?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on July 05, 2023, 06:24:54 PM
I can see a justification for having a delay of 3 seconds.  Perhaps 6 seconds.  But nothing longer.
How long is the delay currently?
2 or 3 seconds.

please get rid of the delay it's just annoying without purpose
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

Quote from: LindseyBalboa on July 06, 2023, 06:31:00 PM
please get rid of the delay it's just annoying without purpose

This. Also, no one's trying to value stuff in combat, and that's the only scenario where a 2-3 second delay would make a difference aside from being mildly irritating to people who use it. And viewing things in shop with their use of view doesn't lag.

I think at the very least the delay when a failed value happens (e.g. 'value poel' instead of pole) should be wiped
Lizard time.

you're going to need to get a prominent character pk'd by using this code quirk to pk them in a really public way