New skill, Silent Wield

Started by Anarchy, November 26, 2003, 05:53:47 AM

Good skill idea?

Yes
10 (47.6%)
No
11 (52.4%)
Its a cool idea, but here are my suggestions..
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: November 26, 2003, 05:53:47 AM

I have been pondering this skill idea "Silent wield"

Pretty much, its the same as wield, but allows you to wield a weapon without giving the echo "so-and-so wields a sharp bone dagger"

It would be given to stealthy guilds and sub classes at a lesser extent, and you would only beable to silent wield daggers, and other small weapons up to about the size of a longknife

So what does everyone think?
on't worry if you're a kleptomaniac, you can always take something for it.

------

"I have more hit points that you can possible imagine." - Tek, Muk and my current PC.

This may or may not already exist.
*wiggles his fingers mysteriously*

I'm afraid I'd rather not say much more, though. I'm a coward, so I'll let the staff give the info if they feel it isn't sensitive.

Given the obscure response of Mr. Stealthy, I'd have to venture a guess that something like that is most likely branched with the shadier classes.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

It is not branched, but it does exist. You will wish to study the help files regarding skills again. You will find what you wish to find ther...

Bah. Forget the mystery. It is the skill called palm. You have it, or you do not.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I didn't realize palm allowed one to 'wield' a weapon unnoticed. I thought it was supposed to conceal an action of retrieving items from a pack or such.

*nods at Dirr*

That is true, but I also believe that it can be used in other manners. I'll not state those manners, but think on this...when you take a weapon from a pack, you are not attempting to draw it...

Palm skill does not allow you to wield a weapon. It allows you to silently get an item from another item.
on't worry if you're a kleptomaniac, you can always take something for it.

------

"I have more hit points that you can possible imagine." - Tek, Muk and my current PC.

*sigh*

Here's Mansa!  To help you with your quest.

This exists.  And you can branch it.  It's pretty sweet.  And the answer of it all, has been posted before in this same thread.

It exists!  I swear!  Trust me.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Okay, so I managed to do this, and I got the success message.

I think my question was: since I always get the success message, do I always succeed, or is this rolled against the skill?

M
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Well, alright, but if you're wrong, Mansa, Canadia will be no more!

Quote from: "Morrolan"Okay, so I managed to do this, and I got the success message.

I think my question was: since I always get the success message, do I always succeed, or is this rolled against the skill?

You always get the message when you're hiding, "You search for a good place to hide.", "You attempt to hide yourself."

It doesn't tell you if you succeed or not.    Just keep doing it until someone catches you.   That question regarding if you succeed or not would best be answered by asking the mud account.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one