Death & Bereavement

Started by Phil Croft, November 25, 2003, 10:20:45 PM

Recently lost a character I was really getting into.

Anyone ever lose a character for seemingly twinkish/pointless reasons?

Only sorta, so far. I mean, I haven't lost a character to a pack of gortoks yet or something equally as inane. But I did lose one to my own stupidity, drinking an unknown substance just to see if it was any good. Turned out to be bad mojo :)

Yes.  My worest part, is when you _CAN'T_ do anything about it, IN CHARACTER, but can do -everything- OOCly to prevent it..like...breaking character.

Like....  exclaiming out loud something, but your character is a mute.

Just...  go play some playstation, write up a new character, and then go to sleep.

And wake up tomorrow, and play someone else.

Or take a week off.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

My first char was very non-armageddon-reality, she was nice, had lots of friends, a magicker boyfriend, and she wanted to know why everyone hated elves and rinthers, it all seemed so unfair!

My second was going to be my masterpiece, she was going to be evil, so evil and uncaring, so cold and calculating that people would shudder at her walking in the room!   Then I went hunting... inside the city property... *sigh*   Stupid criminal code.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

All my deaths have been twinkish or pointless, usually occuring very suddenly in the wee hours of the morn  :roll:
Murder your darlings.

Only once.
My very first and I'll never stop regretting it.

I think I know what you're going through. It made sense at the time. But through more and more characters you begin to realise what a moron you were, and how you would have done absolutley anything to get it back. Like all it would have taken is saying something different or walking in another direction. Something so simple it's almost maddening. It's probably the worst feeling save RL death... :(

To any Immortals who were there, I apologize for my newbiness.

I still want that character back.
I'll still do anything.

talk My second character.. I was figureing out the pemote system.. when the bartender told me to leave the place and said go to the temples.. So I found one.. Drov. .as luck would have it.. And I was killed by someone in a dark cloak.. :)
Stupid? maybe.. Fun.. ? Just might have been.. Did it keep me here.. hell yes..

I've lost a 30-day ranger mixed up with incredible plotlines to a souped-up tembo before I could even get out "flee".

Now THAT sucked.

Delirium the I'mm probably saw you doing some *Twinking* so there like

Imm thinks "Damn twinker, lets see how he likes it when I *Twink* this Tembo up"...  :twisted:
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

Nah, I just happened to be unlucky enough to run into a tembo that spawned with hellaciously good stats, and probably a few battles under its belt.