Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

You were a Plainsman groupie? That belongs in the shame thread.
The man wears his heavy war-saddle on his back, covering a tattoo

Crawling up on all fours, the man sits on a sturdy bed

The man sends you a telepathic message:
     "Alright, you got to tame a wild one today."

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit on September 12, 2010, 01:13:45 PM
But, still! Focus achieved!

Achieved by deux ex machina.

That Plainslord was sure one subtle guy.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Hey... I don't crap on your achievements, guys.  :'(
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

September 12, 2010, 03:23:51 PM #1578 Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 03:25:26 PM by FantasyWriter
Played a Kadian who retired a little over a year ago.
Had ran off from home when he was a kid but came back to Tuluk after the person who had taken him in, died.
The last [PC] agent had made a mess of things and Kadius had dropped to the bottom of the totem pole as far as favor with the powers that be.

He managed to turn that around and gain a great deal of favor back to the house.
Had probably half the non-sponsored PCs in Tuluk working for him (only about half of those officially, though).
Gained a lot of favor with the normal commoners: he would just randomly hand out sacks of coins or way over pay for goods and services.
Managed to have spies working for him in both the other merchant houses, most of the noble houses, and even the Legion.
Had one secret lover that he actually managed to keep a secret, but always had a "cover"story [or two or three] he kept around as well to throw off any suspicion. (as far as I know only one person on "his side" ever found out).
He did his ABSOLUTE best to make everyone outside his circle of trust think he was a drunk, spice-head, manwhore, and I'm pretty damn sure it worked. ;)

Let's see, what else?  Oh....
While 'winning' Tuluk, he was also becoming in league with [super secret bad-guy group], working on becoming a Mind Bender for both his own reason and to have a better chance of joining the afore mentioned group, and kept getting in trouble from staff for knocking of employees that he thought were bad for business. :D

My all-time favorite, though, was this:
(I had planned to edit these logs into story form and submit them, but my comp crashed so I am posting it here)

After arranging a the fake death of my "cover-story" lover for a Nobleman that wanted her dead, while I really hid her out in Red Storm for an IG month, I was called back to Tuluk by a Lirathan under the pretense of discussing a chariot that I was building for her personally.  After getting back the next RL day or two, a Jihean finds my mind and tells me he wants to discuss an order at our estate, so I invite him in, he has one or two PC legionaires with him and some NPCs as well, so I'm like, "Oh, shit, they found out about [super secret bad-guy group]!"
I politely invite him up on the porch for dinner and booze, he accepts so we go on up and he's like, "Do you have any idea what the punishment for treason is?" and I'm like, "Treason? Never beening seen or heard from again, I would think? Do you need someone delivered by me for arrest?" (this particular templar was ICly VERY bad as trying to get something across subtly) So we go back and forth for several IC hours (me still thinking they have discovered who I had been dealing with) until he finally comes out and says that I've committed treason by accepting and partaking in an assassination contract without a license, and basically wants me to bribe my way out of it.  I quite literally laugh in his face.  My plan had worked... too well. Then after probably three RL mins of me not letting my character stop laughing, I settle him down and he says something to the effect of, "Oh... her. She's in the argosy over there, asleep now, I believe. I can deliver her to you later in the week as proof. (she was logged out and his PC was understanding about it)

So we awkwardly finish out drinks and they leave. The best part though, was the Lirathan who called me back to Tuluk summoning me and the girl the next day into the Heart so she can see her alive for herself and hear the story.

I was verbally and openly praised by a Lirathan for being able to fool them and the Jiheans for so long.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit on September 12, 2010, 03:23:25 PM
Hey... I don't crap on your achievements, guys.  :'(

I'm not, I think it's cool your dwarf got some metal.

I am just sort of poking fun at the Plainsman's play method, that's all.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

QuotePosted by: FantasyWriter 
Insert Quote
Played a Kadian who retired a little over a year ago.
Had ran off from home when he was a kid but came back to Tuluk after the person who had taken him in, died.
The last [PC] agent had made a mess of things and Kadius had dropped to the bottom of the totem pole as far as favor with the powers that be.

Hehehe I <3 'ed that kadian.. He was great  ;D

Log out for 30 mins and dwarves die!  Bah!

I guess my Plainsman crony brag is that I managed to bring my own doom down upon my character.  Moral of that story...when someone/something significantly more powerful than you starts to freaks out...run.  Doubly so when it is a staff animation doing the freaking out.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Quote from: Twilight on September 12, 2010, 11:48:12 PM
Log out for 30 mins and dwarves die!  Bah!

I guess my Plainsman crony brag is that I managed to bring my own doom down upon my character.  Moral of that story...when someone/something significantly more powerful than you starts to freaks out...run.  Doubly so when it is a staff animation doing the freaking out.

Dude no, totally stay, and watch. Its great. You may get some Beeps, but its the good times. . . And the shit times.

Just starting off playing Arm, the Plainsman was one of those 'epic' PC's I met that pulled me into the game.

Even the guy he set on fire wanted me to join up with him :P
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Kiara on September 12, 2010, 02:48:48 PM
You were a Plainsman groupie? That belongs in the shame thread.

The Plainsman was a cool character to play with.

My Plainsman-related brag involved chatting with him often over the course of the years from things epic to things mundane, and having a drink with him in the Bard's Barrel (Yes, I did.)
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Bogre on September 13, 2010, 09:09:45 PM

If by cool you mean a boring cheat, then yes he was an absolute blast to play with.
The man wears his heavy war-saddle on his back, covering a tattoo

Crawling up on all fours, the man sits on a sturdy bed

The man sends you a telepathic message:
     "Alright, you got to tame a wild one today."

Quote from: Kiara on September 15, 2010, 04:21:29 AM
Quote from: Bogre on September 13, 2010, 09:09:45 PM

If by cool you mean a boring cheat, then yes he was an absolute blast to play with.

pfft you're just jealous.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

My first good account note was due to skilling... sparring with one of synth's characters.
Backstab is actually the only dialog option an assassin has.

I got player kudos (and probably karma) for a fight with a tregil/bamuk/weak-ass creature which lasted for about 10-15 minutes, irl.

If you didn't know better, you would have assumed the creature I was fighting was one of the strongest, best of it's breed.

Truth is, I had a d-elf with all poor stats & AI agility.

I hit fast, I hit often - But for only 1 point of damage, each time.
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I organised that RPT with the kryl hive a few years back. That one that ended in FWOOOSH.

That was a good'un, Salarris and Rum and Markua and Murk et al.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I was the one who abused that RPT in order to get a set of blackened black brigandine. BLACKER THAN BLACK.

Quote from: jstorrie on September 18, 2010, 02:04:54 AM
I was the one who abused that RPT in order to get a set of blackened black brigandine. BLACKER THAN BLACK.

Quote from: jstorrie in the Shame thread on February 09, 2010, 12:15:15 AM
One time my pals and I were attacking a lair of acidic beasts, and as the corpses piled up we started taking periodic acid damage from the presence of so many. Thinking quickly with the mighty power of being stoned, my excep-strength, poor-wisdomed hero picked up all the corpses and chucked the one-by-one out of the room. The imm who inflicted body-wide acid burns on my PC was presumably not impressed.

I was cool with it, though. I very much loved having the game's only full set of blackened black brigandine. BLACKER THAN BLACK.

You were really proud of that, huh?

And you want to know something...?

I GAVE THAT ARMOR AWAY.

Srsly.

(From now on, I know you'll have it out for me aka my PC's)

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

It's probably for the best. You don't want to know the kinds of things ol' Bryn did in that armor. I hope you kept the hat, though.

Quote from: jstorrie on September 19, 2010, 02:05:20 AM
It's probably for the best. You don't want to know the kinds of things ol' Bryn did in that armor. I hope you kept the hat, though.

The hat wasn't lost to the world.

Quote from: decades on September 19, 2010, 06:41:25 AM
Quote from: jstorrie on September 19, 2010, 02:05:20 AM

The hat wasn't lost to the world.

If I'm remembering this right, I got the gorget. Spoils of war-- er, I mean, spoils of receiving after-action reports LIKE A BOSS. The thought during that report? "Yeah, I kinda figured that guy wanted to die."
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Heh, I remember I'd discovered an instant teleportation bug....

Remember back when the Staff had that port set up for that chat thing on the mud?

After it'd closed down, I decided to log in through that port to see if the chatroom was still up.

At the time, I had Doshek.... I logged out somewhere in 'Rinth-- but when I logged in, I wound up in Undertuluk.

Then I went through the regular game port-- wound up in 'Rinth where I logged out.

Baffled, I logged in through the chat port again, in Undertuluk again.

I could've abused that -so hard-.

But I bugged it.

And it was fixed.

Was pretty neat though.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on September 29, 2010, 11:45:48 PM

Remember back when the Staff had that port set up for that chat thing on the mud?

After it'd closed down, I decided to log in through that port to see if the chatroom was still up.

At the time, I had Doshek.... I logged out somewhere in 'Rinth-- but when I logged in, I wound up in Undertuluk.

But I bugged it.

And it was fixed.

Was pretty neat though.
I could have abused it harder.
I logged in as a TEMPLAR.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Bogre on September 30, 2010, 12:51:10 AM

But I bugged it.

And it was fixed.

Was pretty neat though.

That would've just been funny. XD

Quote from: Qzzrbl on September 30, 2010, 01:30:18 AM
Quote from: Bogre on September 30, 2010, 12:51:10 AM

Was pretty neat though.

That would've just been funny. XD

I really wanted to grab all the soldiers in Allanak and just invade Tuluk, wipe the deserts free of everything, etc, etc.

I had a D-elf character who had acquired a silver earring and a silver ring.   Not silvery wood, not bone painted silver.  Silver.  AG.  Atomic number 47.

Those little pieces of honest-to-god-metal sat in my pouch for a very long time and were never brought out for any reason.   I stored the character with them still in my inventory, effectively removing a little bit of metal from the Known World forever.

Yeah, that was me.  I did that.  ;D