Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 13, 2009, 10:05:16 AM
Quote from: Spoon on December 13, 2009, 09:39:25 AM
I once fought a raptor with a knife and a spear, only I wasn't the one with the knife and spear. I think that bug provided the only example in game of something getting more dangerous if you disarm it.

I seem to remember something with a club, in the allanak arena, back near 2007 with the AoD. That was scary.

The braxat. Holy shit.

My brag is that my PC survived that with 20HP after rescuing Laila, I think, who was near death.

Quote from: Cutthroat on December 13, 2009, 10:14:19 AM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 13, 2009, 10:05:16 AM
Quote from: Spoon on December 13, 2009, 09:39:25 AM
I once fought a raptor with a knife and a spear, only I wasn't the one with the knife and spear. I think that bug provided the only example in game of something getting more dangerous if you disarm it.

I seem to remember something with a club, in the allanak arena, back near 2007 with the AoD. That was scary.

The braxat. Holy shit.

My brag is that my PC survived that with 20HP after rescuing Laila, I think, who was near death.

I, uh...healed Laila?

Hey, that PC also healed Paryl after he'd been hucked halfway across the salt flats by a [terrifying monster].  I was sort of a healing vending machine.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

That braxat was uncool. I think of the four, maybe five long-lived PCs in the AoD at that point, it had almost killed all of them. And everyone else, too.

I remember my PC thinking that if the Makarims ever got slaughtered horribly, it'd be to a baby braxat.

Those braxats were utter bitches. Screw them :(

Brag: Almost died to a braxat at the Arena, then almost died helping take down an escaped gaj, too. I have Arena-phobia now.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

I was almost executed for playing a fortune teller because my predictions were too eerily true, by luck, and they thought I was a mindworm.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

I remember the braxat. I was wondering how much damage it would have done if it had hit -with- the club. It killed that mul afterwards in about ten seconds...

My PC didn't like the Lieutenant much at the time. He won money on the braxat! ;D

Quote from: Ourla on December 13, 2009, 01:58:22 AM
I had a templar PC whose half-giant NPC guard got more kudos than I did.

lulz
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on December 13, 2009, 07:03:52 PM

lulz

Pft, that HG was AWESOME.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: tortall on December 13, 2009, 07:27:26 PM

lulz

He wath in love with girl bardth.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Quote from: Ourla on December 13, 2009, 07:29:28 PM
Quote from: tortall on December 13, 2009, 07:27:26 PM

lulz

He wath in love with girl bardth.

I think my girl "bard" of the time got a flower from him, after a performance.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I think I remember this correctly, but the player would have to chime in to be sure I got it right:

A pretty badass northern PC once was heading towards the Plains gates.  They wished up.  What ensued was Monty Python-esque, shouting back and forth.  The PC wanted to know why the gates were shut.  The NPC soldiers were shouting about the dangerous stilt lizard outside.  The PC was incredulous, but the gate people wouldn't open the gate until that stilt lizard was taken care of.  I've never laughed so hard as I did when that badass PC had to flee from a stilt lizard that I did not animate (I may have forced a few emotes).  If I recall correctly, the gate NPCs finally did let him in, but were sure to shout worriedly later on, "Watch out for those stilt lizards!"  (The response was almost certainly a "Fuck you.")

I promise I didn't beef up that stilt lizard.  It kicked your ass fair and square.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Heh, I love stilt lizards ... proving that just because something runs from you ... does not mean you want to catch it.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Stilt lizards: beloved by all Northern combat twinks. Despised by all Northern combatants, including twinks. Possibly my favourite nonhumanoid NPCs.

I once had a scary PC in the Tablelands.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Quote from: Hot_Dancer on December 14, 2009, 03:44:10 PM
I once had a scary PC in the Tablelands.

Only once?
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

How do you guys know who each other play???
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

Quote from: Manhattan on December 14, 2009, 04:13:54 PM
How do you guys know who each other play???

Find out OOCly.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Well, in some cases, Like Hot_Dancer, who plays mostly one race, or has for the last 6 years or more...when you have a PC for 3++ years, it does tend to get known because in that time often a large number of the player base might cycle through your clan.

Then some people have a distinctive play style so if you ever find out who played X PC from being in the same clan, often you can tell when they are playing Y and Z later.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I kind of just assume that any combat PC I can't kill is X-D.

Quote from: Nyr on December 14, 2009, 12:45:46 PMStory of stilt lizard whooping massive ass in the grasslands.

I promise I didn't beef up that stilt lizard.  It kicked your ass fair and square.

Lies, lies, lies.  ;) Except for the "Fuck You!" part, yelled at the top of his lungs.

That story just so happens to be one of the most hilarious things to have happened to my poor, humble warrior.  Mind you, this wasn't a minor battle where the warrior just so happened to have lost.  Oh no, this was like a squirrel squaring off against a lion.  After that incident, he nearly developed a phobia of stilt lizards - at the very least a seething hatred.

Quote from: jstorrie on December 14, 2009, 04:32:39 PM
I kind of just assume that any combat PC I can't kill is X-D.
Hahaha.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I had a HG who killed easily over 30 kryl, in melee, before he realized they were more dangerous than they looked. 
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

I had a non-magicker HG PC that branched more times/skills than ANY single one of my other non-HG non-magicker characters.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.