Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

Something brought up in the pregnancy guide discussion thread got me thinking.

I played a leader PC that practically OWNED a dozen children popped out by my subordinates.  They were all being raised as much by the house as by the employee parents.  It was awesome.  Let the brainwashing begin young!
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: Ourla on June 18, 2009, 07:09:49 PMand was the first to drop to her knees when a very special guest made a very special surprise appearance.

Yeah, well MY pc was the first to vomit in his presence.

Well my PC DIED the RL day before he would have been there. :(
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Don't worry. I got enough awesome prizes for the both of us!

It hasn't been a year yet, but I figure I'd just do a small I'm so dumb bragging.
I've never been around for an RPT.

I've had eight PCs- none of them lasting an IG year (hopefully my current one will)- all of them died stupid deaths with no RP on the killer's parts. Well, maybe on the gemmer's, and the Lord's... I've had three characters killed without a thought even after begging and saying they'd do anything... really people.

Quote from: Adieren on June 27, 2009, 03:06:07 PM
It hasn't been a year yet, but I figure I'd just do a small I'm so dumb bragging.

I've had eight PCs- none of them lasting an IG year (hopefully my current one will)- all of them died stupid deaths with no RP on the killer's parts. Well, maybe on the gemmer's, and the Lord's... I've had three characters killed without a thought even after begging and saying they'd do anything... really people.
"Murder, Death, Betrayal."

Not...

"Pleasant times, Sensible Demise, Friendship Forever."
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

You know how there's a PC unit called the First Cavalry?

Yeah, I came up with that. AND YOU GUYS DON'T EVEN FIGHT MOUNTED.

Quote from: jstorrie on June 27, 2009, 03:44:37 PM

I've always hated the name "First Cavalry" for the PC Militia in Tuluk. Doesn't Allanak have the "Jade Sabers"? Thats so much fucking cooler.

Here's a brag. My current character has now lasted almost four times longer than -any- of my previous ones. Bladdow.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Is Friday on June 27, 2009, 03:21:06 PM
Quote from: Adieren on June 27, 2009, 03:06:07 PM

"Murder, Death, Betrayal."

Not...

"Pleasant times, Sensible Demise, Friendship Forever."

Doesn't have to be senseless murder, pointless death and betrayal for the sake of being evil.

You're right. I don't think that anything in game could be considered senseless... except when you are the victim. I've played a character that killed upwards of a dozen people just for water/food. I've played a character that raped PCs for power. I've even played a character that killed for no reason other than that he enjoyed it.

I don't think for a second that any of these PCs did not give a lot more to the game world than Joe Schmoe trying to sing cute songs to f-me's, collect loots, and skill up.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Riev on June 27, 2009, 05:20:44 PM

I've always hated the name "First Cavalry" for the PC Militia in Tuluk. Doesn't Allanak have the "Jade Sabers"? Thats so much fucking cooler.

Here's a brag. My current character has now lasted almost four times longer than -any- of my previous ones. Bladdow.

The Jade Sabers are the entire particular legion under a Red Robe. The PC unit is called something like 'First unit, seventh infantry' or something.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Bogre on June 27, 2009, 09:07:02 PM

The Jade Sabers are the entire particular legion under a Red Robe. The PC unit is called something like 'First unit, seventh infantry' or something.

If Bogre doesn't know this one for sure, I'm sure I can't pretend to.  Okay, I can.

Sir, this recruit is of th' first unit of the fifth infantry, Jade Sabers legion of the most glorious Arm of the Dragon, sir.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

At the time they were a certain famous templar's personal unit of elite outriders (plus one low-strength herald). Ain't my fault they've turned back into a general-purpose infantry group.

Well, actually, I guess I got most of them killed. Still. Not my faaaault.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on June 27, 2009, 09:17:26 PM
Sir, this recruit is of th' first unit of the fifth infantry, Jade Sabers legion of the most glorious Arm of the Dragon, sir.

Under command of the Great Lord Samos Rennik, War-Hero of Allanak! 
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Quote from: Thunkkin on June 27, 2009, 10:40:50 PM
Quote from: brytta.leofa on June 27, 2009, 09:17:26 PM

Under command of the Great Lord Samos Rennik, War-Hero of Allanak! 

Technically wrong. ;)

And Brytta, it -used- to be the first unit, Seventh infantry, but touche.

I'll take AoD trivia for two large, Trebek.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Bogre on June 28, 2009, 05:21:25 AM

Technically wrong. ;)

Correct.  But I never got tired of saying it.  >.>
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

I rolled up a rinthi dung-sweeper named Sweeper before they even invented poo code.

He discovered he was a Whiran in a back alley brawl with an elf.

Probably my most awesome character ever.

The idea is to instill the fact that the PCs aren't special individual coddled snowflakes, but just grunts no different than the npc/vnpc grunts in the rest of the Legions.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

I agree with the above. One of my favorite uses of vNPCs is to emphasize that there is a whole bigger part to your organization that PCs -- like I've heard some Legionnaires speak of having to talk to a Sergeant from the Third Infantry or something. Love that.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

All the same guy.
Was in the unit of terrorists who went down to bomb the Tor academy.
Fought the Wyvern and Lord of Storms in melee combat.
Found the dead body of a half giant who had stolen a whole cabinet from the (Tor? or Bosrail). Had enough pcs to grab it all and haul it north for sale to Ten and Win.
Was kidnapped by the wyvern and it stole his clothes.
Lord of Storms stole his second in command then dropped a dead body that looked exactly like him and then released the second in command to make things interesting.
Got one shot by the lord of storms but got dragged to safety somehow.
Had so much mud sex in the Tuluki ruins that the imms loaded several zombies/banshee things on him!
etc.
Forgot a lot.

Quote from: KankWhisperer on July 06, 2009, 12:39:43 AM
Found the dead body of a half giant who had stolen a whole cabinet from the (Tor? or Bosrail). Had enough pcs to grab it all and haul it north for sale to Ten and Win.

If I recall correctly, I bought the contents of that cabinet and wore the set of Tor noble armor to a costume party in Tuluk.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

July 06, 2009, 06:39:20 PM #821 Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 06:41:47 PM by KankWhisperer
Quote from: Ghost on June 09, 2009, 12:47:17 PM
you died to pcs

henna and i survived that and only one or two pcs on the other side

i think powders lit up not because of a torch but because of the flaming armor of kishime

it was epic

Due to code issues, Henna had already looted everything in there. Imms said no you couldn't have gotten it even after she sold it to tenneshi.
She went back as if she hadn't to the battle. Failed to die.

It's been over a year for a lot of stuff for me now, so I can do some bragging!

I was in Kadius when they went to save an old friend that was a catperson, and the entire group we took got hunted down by kryl. Once we got back to the estate, the cat was coughing up kryl larvae on the floor and everyone was freaking out.

I played the character who, alongside Zoan, really brought AoD to life a little over a year ago. He served as a soldier and an aide to a templar. He died because he fled the city after he was discovered smuggling things out of the barracks for 'sid. He was captured by his old unit and died of bloodloss back to Allanak.

I played a thief who lived for about 8 RL hours, and during this time he became a templar's aide, broke into an Oashi estate, and looted it. He got stuck in there, though, so he wished up to have the guard animated, which started a 10 minutes goosechase in the house before Lord Oash arrived and took me to the jail to be questioned. While in the jail cell with soldiers and Oashi Elite, the only torch light went out, sending the room into darkness. I could've gotten away, the door was open, if only I was quick enough to act. I was thrown in the arena, however, and executed.

I played a fortune teller who used a Kruth deck to tell people's fortunes. He only charged 10 sid a card, so people CONSTANTLY paid him to read their fortune. He'd bank 200-300 sid easy on any barsitting day, and was a blast. After a bunch of extremely correct fortune tellings, he was accused of being a psionicist (even though the character himself knew the fortunes were fake) and was almost executed.

That's all I can think of right now.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote from: Marauder Moe on April 15, 2008, 09:53:04 AM
Quote from: Bebop on April 15, 2008, 09:49:05 AM
Quote from: Malken on April 14, 2008, 02:52:25 PM
Quote from: Bebop on April 14, 2008, 02:29:09 PM
I stole from a powerful character and lived.   ;D

Temporarily....

http://www.armageddon.org/original/showSubmission.php?submission=351

That's my babeh!  :'(

The KKK took my babeh away.

I must hear the story behind this someday.

EDIT: Mainly because of the picture.  It's brilliant.  There's obviously an interesting story behind the scene, but so many questions are left unanswered.  Is the second frame the past/present or the future?  Is that her baby?  What was someone with a baby (or at least a toy) doing out in the desert?  Were they raided?  By who?  Did anyone survive?

Quote from: Tarx on April 15, 2008, 11:06:18 AM
Can't answer those questions.  Alas, far too recent to delve further than generalities, but that is a sweet picture, and a good story, all told!

Now that it's been enough time, I think I remember some of the details of this.  The PC in the picture was Reiko(?).  She worked for Thrend as a partisan.  Somewhere along the way, she decided that she wanted to leave and work for someone else.  That was fine.  I forget who stole from whom, but eventually, Reiko pissed off the wrong people that had access to licensed assassins, and the rest is history.

Now that it's been a year (or more), stuff from the same PC:

--Would routinely way Southern templars and nobles just to piss them off.

--Would try to brag about intelligence sources by revealing information that happened in the South--then ask for details afterwards.  (Subtly, of course)

--Sent someone into Allanak to infiltrate a certain organization.  Then this bigass gith war happened.  I'm pretty sure they died to gith rather than by execution.  So sad.

--Over the course of a year or so, stole several things (via spies/informants) that belonged to southern-affiliated people.

--Dressed up as a Fale noble for the Masquerade Ball:  Phelashio Fale.
--Added "Phelashio" as a keyword.  Don't know if anyone used that from then on.

--Kept ordering a certain food delicacy even though it was from the other side of the Known World and expensive as hell and really couldn't afford it, because it was good.

--Tried to beat GAGE GRITSHAW (you know who this is) in a drinking contest.  Got really close but did not win.  Was disappointed.

--Attempted to capture a mantis.  Brought up the rear from the Templars that were going out to help.  We got the knocked out mantis inside the city gates.  One mantis goes for the gates--flees past the gates and into the city--and disappears down the North Road towards the Sanctuary.  My PC heads off in hot pursuit after renting his inix (or kank--we might've still had kanks still alive then).  Out of the Sanctuary pops a Winrothol noble clad in silks.  Mantis appears from around the corner, launches at the noble.  My PC defends him, begins to wail on the mantis, gets disarmed, both nobles get knocked out.  Moral of the story:  let the Winrothol take the fall next time.  Gave me a good story to tell later though.

--During a particularly savage battle with halflings, defended a downed legionnaire out of MV on foot for quite some time until relieved by soldiers from Ayun Iskandir.  Got a log of this, will need to trim it down--was pretty cool-looking.
--Per the log, my character's objective at the time of that halfling battle was to "understand women."  (Glad I didn't play a dwarf.)

--Had a weapon with silver (real silver) etching.  Of course, it was only ornamental.  Silver came from something that is also silver...use your imagination.

--Possessed a boulder of salt, previously shot-putted by the only thing that could do such a thing.  Didn't do anything with it except point at it and say "that's my boulder.  Let me tell you how I got it."

--As mentioned in a posted log, bent over backwards to make an Oashi noble look bad at Luirsfest.

Forgot more fun stuff with this character than I ever did with other characters.  Good times.
Quote from: ShalooonshTuluk: More Subtly Hot. If you can't find action in Tuluk, you're from Allanak.
Quote from: Southie"In His Radiance" -> I am a traitor / I've been playing too much in Tuluk recently.

Gage Gritshaw! My PC got wasted one time, called him a bitchy little coward, and got in a vicious fist-fight-nearly-turned-poisoned-knife-fight with him–deliberately, because Gage was awesome and I wanted him to throw chairs at me. We didn't become Best Enemies, though, because he disappeared the next day, apparently dead to monsters or whatever. THANKS A LOT GAGE.