Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

She was a blast.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Quote from: Bebop on April 14, 2008, 02:29:09 PM
I stole from a powerful character and lived.   ;D

Temporarily....

http://www.armageddon.org/original/showSubmission.php?submission=351

That's my babeh!  :'(
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I stole three silver rings...and got rid of them as fast as possible.  Metal is trouble.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Herm ... the only cool thing I've managed so far is not to die while hunting in the wastes.

Did manage to outrun a sand raptor all the way from the red dunes back to the plains gate of Tuluk (as a human without a mount) ... little bastard wanted me so bad he was trying to beat the gates down with his head.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

A character of mine once found a noble signet ring on a midden heap.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

I sold a steel helmet to Kurac, who turned around and sold it back to the templar I "stole" it from.

April 15, 2008, 09:53:04 AM #432 Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 09:58:43 AM by Marauder Moe
Quote from: Bebop on April 15, 2008, 09:49:05 AM
Quote from: Malken on April 14, 2008, 02:52:25 PM
Quote from: Bebop on April 14, 2008, 02:29:09 PM
I stole from a powerful character and lived.   ;D

Temporarily....

http://www.armageddon.org/original/showSubmission.php?submission=351

That's my babeh!  :'(

The KKK took my babeh away.

I must hear the story behind this someday.

EDIT: Mainly because of the picture.  It's brilliant.  There's obviously an interesting story behind the scene, but so many questions are left unanswered.  Is the second frame the past/present or the future?  Is that her baby?  What was someone with a baby (or at least a toy) doing out in the desert?  Were they raided?  By who?  Did anyone survive?

Can't answer those questions.  Alas, far too recent to delve further than generalities, but that is a sweet picture, and a good story, all told!
Quote from: ShalooonshTuluk: More Subtly Hot. If you can't find action in Tuluk, you're from Allanak.
Quote from: Southie"In His Radiance" -> I am a traitor / I've been playing too much in Tuluk recently.

Quote from: manonfire on April 15, 2008, 09:43:01 AM
I sold a steel helmet to Kurac, who turned around and sold it back to the templar I "stole" it from.

I remember that, bwhahaha.
<Morgenes> Dunno if it's ever been advertised, but we use Runequest as a lot of our inspiration, and that will be continued in Arm 2
<H&H> I can't take that seriously.
<Morgenes> sorry HnH, can't take what seriously?
<H&H>Oh, I read Runescape. Nevermin

I had a pc who was in the dunes with other pc's, and I decided to have a little fun. So my pc just started randomly sing stuff that rhymed. I didn't even get a chance to mount my inix before three raptors entered the room and all attacked me. I lived! only to have the leader of the group raise a crossbow at me and tell me that If I ever sing again he'd shoot me. I don't know if that was Imm work or not, but I laughed SO hard, after screaming at my computer because I started to lag once I started getting attacked.
The man wears his heavy war-saddle on his back, covering a tattoo

Crawling up on all fours, the man sits on a sturdy bed

The man sends you a telepathic message:
     "Alright, you got to tame a wild one today."

One of my characters once DM'ed a role playing game.  ::)

I grabbed the bottom piece of Tek's Tower on my first try.

Many years ago, I played a military posterboy under Ihsahn(If I remember right) who...
Was in a series of arena matches/had an ex-sex-slave trophy girl/thwarted an assassination attempt
simply by being pretty twinked out/died to a subdue kill because I hadn't slept and did something very
stupid. :)

Before that I played one of the last of the J'karr, and died defending my mate against ever-growing waves
of jakhals, trapped and with his back to a wall.

I had a very young assassin during the rebellion who was clanned Guild, but traded goods between them and
the rebels for a profit.

I stole a total hottie from a famous bard with a 16 year old character.

Recently, a mundane character of mine was hands of winded by someone scary, but my character got pissed because
the sand tore his cloak, and he ran -towards- the source of the spell, and survived.
Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are.
- Arthur Golden

My character is about 10 hours old and I received two Kudos messages from players.
Q  : Where do you piss?
Yam: On elves.
Q  : And if the area, lacks elves at the given time?
Yam: Scan.

Quote from: evil_erdlu on April 21, 2008, 02:51:22 PM
My character is about 10 hours old and I received two Kudos messages from players.

That's what you get for reading the docs before playing. Kudos again!  ;)
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

April 21, 2008, 03:01:53 PM #441 Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 01:21:45 AM by mansa
I met over 100 armageddon players in real life.

Including:
Sanvean
Brixius
Halaster
Morgenes
LoD
Zagren
Buzz the Punman
Tiernan
Karianna
Jhalavar
Vanth
Vendyra
Jmordetsky
SarahJC
Bestatte
Barzalene
Elzocone
Savak
Kankman
Xygax
Dakylyn
The7DeadlyVenomz
Jolanda
Bhagharva
Talley
Krath
Red Ranger
Irulan
J0ram
Ender
Saitorr
Ghost
Dig
DarthYourMom
Mirukkim
Slink
Sakra
Socko
BardBard#4
Marko
Cleric of Nilaz
Overone
Olafson
Melieva
Harcroft
Eatten Back To Life
Sephiroth
Kronibas
Underseven
Varak
Tortall
Samoa
Ampere
Fantasy Writer
Moofassa
Rhyden
DrunkenSalarr
SykotikGith
Aristina
Apocalyptic_Cow
Kinkaid
Clegane
Impska
Gigantic J
naatok
Captain Canadia
Potaje
Rarien
Ourla

New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I like where this thread is going.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Trying to make it pallindromic
Carpe Diem - Fish of the day

NO!  When I read the board I want to read interesting stuff!  Not dying star threads with millions of quotes!

Brandon

P.S.  Palindrome with stars..

Rats live on no evil star
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

I notice it is always the same two or three people derailing threads.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

I've witnessed over 10 quote - within - quote wars on the Armageddon GDB and survived them all.

Also, way to try and kill the thread, guys.  Take it to OOC :(
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

One of my characters came back from -7h. Against a mantis.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

April 21, 2008, 08:38:53 PM #448 Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 12:27:03 PM by Marauder Moe
Why don't you take this (EDIT: derailing quote pyramid) to another thread?  I like this one and don't particularly want to see it locked.

Quote from: Is Friday on April 21, 2008, 08:35:18 PM
One of my characters came back from -7h. Against a mantis.

Piffle. I've come back from -10hp... but it -was- due to a certain poison of which I hate  a -lot-
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.