Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

Spawnloser, I think I remember hearing rumors about that alter.  Kept my then character far away from that spot.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: Maso on May 06, 2009, 01:02:55 PM
I still have the log.  ;D

EDITTED TO ADD LOG. Might as well share. ><

Before Storm Gate [NS]
   The southern gate of Red Storm Village stands here, a heavy construction
of hard, pale grey styrax wood. The gate is set back slightly in the grey
stone walls, providing a little shelter from the fierce winds even when it
is closed. A beige canvas tarpaulin soars overhead, suspended some twenty
cords above the ground by styrax beams, to provide additional cover. The
sunlight filters through the reddish-brown dust with difficulty.

It is dusk on Huegel, the 107th day of the Descending Sun,
In the Year of Suk-Krath's Anger, year 43 of the 21st Age.

The petite, baobab-braided woman turns with a quiet sob, balled fists hammering weakly on the gates.

The night has begun.
The red moon, Jihae, lifts over the horizon and into the sky.
The white moon, Lirathu, moves with slow grace from the sky, as it sets.

To the north, a gate of hard styrax wood is set in the stone walls.
The gate is closed.

To the south, windy plains extend out to the ominous Sea of Eternal Dust.
[Near]
Nothing.

You stop resting, and stand up.

You get your unlit simple, leather-wrapped bone torch from your dusty double-layered sandcloth pack.
It is very light.

You light an unlit simple, leather-wrapped bone torch.

You think:
     "Maybe the other gate is open..."

Before Storm Gate [NS]
   The southern gate of Red Storm Village stands here, a heavy construction
of hard, pale grey styrax wood. The gate is set back slightly in the grey
stone walls, providing a little shelter from the fierce winds even when it
is closed. A beige canvas tarpaulin soars overhead, suspended some twenty
cords above the ground by styrax beams, to provide additional cover. The
sky above is dark, and clouded with swirling reddish-brown dust.

You think:
     "Ah shit...this ain't my fuckin' day."

[A bit of running around]

You are too exhausted.

You sit down and rest your tired bones.

You think:
     "I suppose I can wait till morning."

The silt heaves slightly to the south, and something brushes up against your leg.

You can't see a thing; sand swirls about you!

The petite, baobab-braided woman leans over a little, rubbing at her leg with a hand.

The petite, baobab-braided woman lifts her shirt, trying to bury her face beneath the cloth, protecting herself from the torrential sand.

You feel the silt wash into your mouth and nose as you lift your shirt out of it, as breathing becomes exceptionally difficult.

You feel something rapidly tighten around your left leg, something long and sinuous, and then you feel the barbs dig in.

The petite, baobab-braided woman coughs a little, lifting her head to spit a mouthful of silt from her lips, choking, her hands digging into the ground as she tries to scrabble backwards.

You think:
     "What the fuck is that..."

To the south, a shell breaks the surface as the tentacle begins to reel you in.

The petite, baobab-braided woman kicks at her leg with the other leg, her boots scraping over the mysterious tentacle frantically.

A faint shape whips you very hard on your leg.

You attempt to flee.
You flee head over heels.

A faint shape's tentacle keeps a tight grip on your leg.

The petite, baobab-braided woman falls face first into the silty sand with a thud her body sprawled out across the ground.

A faint shape reels you slowly back with the tentacle, chitinous beak opening and closing.

The petite, baobab-braided woman grabs forwards with her hands, fingers scrabbling against the ground to try and pull herself forwards, away from the creature.

The silt washes completely over you as you fall.

The petite, baobab-braided woman opens her mouth to try and curse, but finds her mouth filled with silt.

You feel it's getting very hard to breath.

You are too exhausted.

You think:
     "Fuck, what is that thing?"

The petite, baobab-braided woman wriggles desperately, trying to push her head above the level of the silt to take a gasping breath.

You feel the respite of merely sand-filled air rather than silt.

A faint shape's large, chitinous beak digs into your right thigh, shredding muscle and flesh.

A faint shape's other tentacles lash out, wrapping around you and fighting to keep the entirety of the human below the silt level.

The petite, baobab-braided woman manages a piercing scream, her body convulsing with the pain before she seems to fall into a shocked stupor, staring into the nothingness surrounding her.

You feel your body turn rigid with the pain, unable to move from the shock.

A faint shape twists you and pulls, the tentacles brutal in the manipulation as they draw the chest cavity closer to the scissoring beak.

The petite, baobab-braided woman lulls her head back, letting the silt wash over her rigid form, her eyes simply staring upwards, mouth contorted into a frozen, silent scream.

A faint shape seems to let out a sound strangely akin to, "NOM NOM NOM" as it pierces the chest cavity, and begins to dine on the vittles held within.

A faint shape whips you very hard on your body.

You feel the excruciating pain forcing you to make peace with your fate.

A faint shape solidly whips your body.

You think:
     "Am I dead?"

You think:
     "What....what was that?"

Someone turns and swims further into the sea, dragging the bloody mess of you along, dining all the while on internal vittles and things far less than savory to normal company.

You feel your mind spinning, your nerves seemingly cut off from the rest of your body as you feel no pain, yet no registration of your limbs either.

Someone eventually, even, gets to the brains.

That's what you get when you stroll the beach of the sea of silt dressed as a japanese schoolgirl.

Yes, but did either of you pull the line, "Hey, I need that!" when your heart was being pulled out? ;)
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

May 09, 2009, 04:57:20 AM #729 Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 05:02:17 AM by BlackMagic0
Quote from: Archbaron on May 06, 2009, 04:56:18 PM
Well, they don't plan, it's usually just spontaneous if you make a wrong move. And usually, they don't kill you, they just leave you at a disadvantage for a while (like robbing, etc). It's all great, I love it. This is just my experience with them.

This is -very- true.
I don't know if enough time has passed to share the tale that a certain immortal did to my character, Forget when I had that character. Though it got so many laughs from so many clan mates, specially the one that saved me.  :-\

Quote from: Ourla on May 06, 2009, 04:44:30 PM
I've spent the last several months trying to convince my RL newb friends that no, staff don't lay plans to kill PCs because of some random negative interaction they made have had with the character or player in the past.

I highly doubt they plan a PC's death out of pure spite, and shit in the past. So I am 99.9% sure that your above statement is true. Most robbing/beating/NPC noming is most likely random, because you were in a place you were not supposed to "aka a certain beast's lair", or you were most likely going get nommed by it anyway.
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Quote from: spawnloser on May 08, 2009, 04:32:50 PM
Yes, but did either of you pull the line, "Hey, I need that!" when your heart was being pulled out? ;)

True to fucking form. That sounds awesome. I'd love a log of that.

Shit like this makes me want to play this game 24/7.

Spawned by recent debates in the Ask the Players forum about damage gradiants, I felt like bragging about an old characetr.  He took a one-shot hit of 121 or 123 damage and lived.  I wasn't quite sure how to roleplay that injury though.  It was ridiculous.

Quote from: Sephiroto on May 23, 2009, 11:13:25 PM
Spawned by recent debates in the Ask the Players forum about damage gradiants, I felt like bragging about an old characetr.  He took a one-shot hit of 121 or 123 damage and lived.  I wasn't quite sure how to roleplay that injury though.  It was ridiculous.

The horribly crippled, deformed-faced man moves the wheels of his crooked, wooden chair with withered arms, his lips frowning, their scarred and mangled features twisting softly in pain.

Quote from: Sephiroto on May 23, 2009, 11:13:25 PMI wasn't quite sure how to roleplay that injury though.  It was ridiculous.

Heh, I would have used the request tool for a short description and main description change and emoted him/her as been horribly, horribly deformed for the rest of his/her life.

Quote from: Sephiroto on May 23, 2009, 11:13:25 PM

Where did the hit land?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Well, there were some magickal circumstances that advented permanant damage.  I was more or less talking about the blow itself.  The character was a half-elf....so 120-something points would be like having his chest explode or his intestines shoot out of his nose, but then he wasn't dead....so I really didn't know what to do besides run away and start squirting blood everywhere while frantically seeing to some Vivaudian magick.

Um...I think it was actually a bite to the head.  So all I could imagine was his head being in the mekillot's mouth and blood spurting all over the place.

Bonus points for having your character's chest explode from having been bludgeoned in the leg.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

A knife to the heart/brain should do 10000 damage. Doesn't require your body to explode to kill you.

Lol, I'd imagine it sort of having the lower part of your face eaten off, leaving barely enough of your head for your brain and throat.

The man with half a face would be an awesome concept.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on May 25, 2009, 02:12:04 PM
The man with half a face would be an awesome concept.

Now if he put on a templars robe...

The man with half a blue-robed templar is standing here.

The Half-Giant Allanaki Soldier says, in southern-accented sirihish,
"He killed a templar, get him!"

Now for my brag-

In under 2 days playtime I made around five large, a few knots of spice, and a crapton of other stuff from PCs without needing to use a single skill, join a clan, or sell anything. He lived to five days played, but what a ride that was.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lol, found a dead body? My own record was around 700 of 'sid with 1200 'sid worth or so of equipment at around 6 days :P
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on May 25, 2009, 03:59:41 PM
Lol, found a dead body? My own record was around 700 of 'sid with 1200 'sid worth or so of equipment at around 6 days :P

Nope! No dead bodies.

Pure character charisma and business initiative. It was all handed to him.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I found 2000 coins -inside- a dangerous critter once.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

found almost 6k on a 'rinther once.
plus lots of other nice things
Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

Quote from: Dan on May 25, 2009, 04:30:37 PM

Nope! No dead bodies.

Pure character charisma and business initiative. It was all handed to him.

was this recent? Because this dude still owes me money.

I still like that I supplied probably half the logs used during the Copper War in stick-pit traps. So if you got caught in one, you can blame me.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I once had a PC, bully another pc soo bad, that the bullied pc came to my PC's local watering hole,
sang a hateful song about my pc, opener up her cloak, which to my surprise was -full- of flash powder
and attempted a suicide bombing....I couldn't hear -anything- because of the explosion and survived!
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Quote from: Krath on May 27, 2009, 09:24:09 AM
I once had a PC, bully another pc soo bad, that the bullied pc came to my PC's local watering hole,
sang a hateful song about my pc, opener up her cloak, which to my surprise was -full- of flash powder
and attempted a suicide bombing....I couldn't hear -anything- because of the explosion and survived!

This.. is.. amazing..

log plz?kthxbai
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on May 27, 2009, 06:26:17 PM

This.. is.. amazing..

log plz?kthxbai

Seconded. This about made my morning. Why did I ever leave ARM?
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

I think I remember hearing about this, but wasn't actually present for it. Was more than a year ago, right? Anyone got a log? :)