Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

I once killed a certain mul in a certain alley in standard melee (no backstab/sap/posion).... With a breed ranger.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I wished up to be eaten alive by rats in the sewers.

And was.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

I got eaten alive by a Silt Horror after I walked into the Silt Sea in a storm. Complete with 'nom nom nom' emotes. It was the BEST RP EVA.

It says on my account notes she "died from blood loss, come have a look."
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on May 06, 2009, 08:16:53 AM
I got eaten alive by a Silt Horror after I walked into the Silt Sea in a storm. Complete with 'nom nom nom' emotes. It was the BEST RP EVA.

It says on my account notes she "died from blood loss, come have a look."

Now that is a good death.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

May 06, 2009, 01:02:55 PM #704 Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 01:56:42 PM by Maso
I still have the log.  ;D

EDITTED TO ADD LOG. Might as well share. ><

Before Storm Gate [NS]
   The southern gate of Red Storm Village stands here, a heavy construction
of hard, pale grey styrax wood. The gate is set back slightly in the grey
stone walls, providing a little shelter from the fierce winds even when it
is closed. A beige canvas tarpaulin soars overhead, suspended some twenty
cords above the ground by styrax beams, to provide additional cover. The
sunlight filters through the reddish-brown dust with difficulty.

It is dusk on Huegel, the 107th day of the Descending Sun,
In the Year of Suk-Krath's Anger, year 43 of the 21st Age.

The petite, baobab-braided woman turns with a quiet sob, balled fists hammering weakly on the gates.

The night has begun.
The red moon, Jihae, lifts over the horizon and into the sky.
The white moon, Lirathu, moves with slow grace from the sky, as it sets.

To the north, a gate of hard styrax wood is set in the stone walls.
The gate is closed.

To the south, windy plains extend out to the ominous Sea of Eternal Dust.
[Near]
Nothing.

You stop resting, and stand up.

You get your unlit simple, leather-wrapped bone torch from your dusty double-layered sandcloth pack.
It is very light.

You light an unlit simple, leather-wrapped bone torch.

You think:
     "Maybe the other gate is open..."

Before Storm Gate [NS]
   The southern gate of Red Storm Village stands here, a heavy construction
of hard, pale grey styrax wood. The gate is set back slightly in the grey
stone walls, providing a little shelter from the fierce winds even when it
is closed. A beige canvas tarpaulin soars overhead, suspended some twenty
cords above the ground by styrax beams, to provide additional cover. The
sky above is dark, and clouded with swirling reddish-brown dust.

You think:
     "Ah shit...this ain't my fuckin' day."

[A bit of running around]

You are too exhausted.

You sit down and rest your tired bones.

You think:
     "I suppose I can wait till morning."

The silt heaves slightly to the south, and something brushes up against your leg.

You can't see a thing; sand swirls about you!

The petite, baobab-braided woman leans over a little, rubbing at her leg with a hand.

The petite, baobab-braided woman lifts her shirt, trying to bury her face beneath the cloth, protecting herself from the torrential sand.

You feel the silt wash into your mouth and nose as you lift your shirt out of it, as breathing becomes exceptionally difficult.

You feel something rapidly tighten around your left leg, something long and sinuous, and then you feel the barbs dig in.

The petite, baobab-braided woman coughs a little, lifting her head to spit a mouthful of silt from her lips, choking, her hands digging into the ground as she tries to scrabble backwards.

You think:
     "What the fuck is that..."

To the south, a shell breaks the surface as the tentacle begins to reel you in.

The petite, baobab-braided woman kicks at her leg with the other leg, her boots scraping over the mysterious tentacle frantically.

A faint shape whips you very hard on your leg.

You attempt to flee.
You flee head over heels.

A faint shape's tentacle keeps a tight grip on your leg.

The petite, baobab-braided woman falls face first into the silty sand with a thud her body sprawled out across the ground.

A faint shape reels you slowly back with the tentacle, chitinous beak opening and closing.

The petite, baobab-braided woman grabs forwards with her hands, fingers scrabbling against the ground to try and pull herself forwards, away from the creature.

The silt washes completely over you as you fall.

The petite, baobab-braided woman opens her mouth to try and curse, but finds her mouth filled with silt.

You feel it's getting very hard to breath.

You are too exhausted.

You think:
     "Fuck, what is that thing?"

The petite, baobab-braided woman wriggles desperately, trying to push her head above the level of the silt to take a gasping breath.

You feel the respite of merely sand-filled air rather than silt.

A faint shape's large, chitinous beak digs into your right thigh, shredding muscle and flesh.

A faint shape's other tentacles lash out, wrapping around you and fighting to keep the entirety of the human below the silt level.

The petite, baobab-braided woman manages a piercing scream, her body convulsing with the pain before she seems to fall into a shocked stupor, staring into the nothingness surrounding her.

You feel your body turn rigid with the pain, unable to move from the shock.

A faint shape twists you and pulls, the tentacles brutal in the manipulation as they draw the chest cavity closer to the scissoring beak.

The petite, baobab-braided woman lulls her head back, letting the silt wash over her rigid form, her eyes simply staring upwards, mouth contorted into a frozen, silent scream.

A faint shape seems to let out a sound strangely akin to, "NOM NOM NOM" as it pierces the chest cavity, and begins to dine on the vittles held within.

A faint shape whips you very hard on your body.

You feel the excruciating pain forcing you to make peace with your fate.

A faint shape solidly whips your body.

You think:
     "Am I dead?"

You think:
     "What....what was that?"

Someone turns and swims further into the sea, dragging the bloody mess of you along, dining all the while on internal vittles and things far less than savory to normal company.

You feel your mind spinning, your nerves seemingly cut off from the rest of your body as you feel no pain, yet no registration of your limbs either.

Someone eventually, even, gets to the brains.

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

THAT IS THE BEST LOG EVER. WHOEVER DID THAT IS AMAZING.
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote from: Archbaron on May 06, 2009, 01:50:42 PM
THAT IS THE BEST LOG EVER. WHOEVER DID THAT IS AMAZING.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: Maso on May 06, 2009, 01:02:55 PM

Someone eventually, even, gets to the BRAINZ.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

That is indeed a badass log and a very cool death.  But I thought staff weren't supposed to kill off PCs?
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Quote from: Ourla on May 06, 2009, 04:16:55 PM
But I thought staff weren't supposed to kill off PCs?
Lol, that's one hunk of false information if I ever saw one. It happens all the time. Whether you're not paying attention to the virtual world, creating a lot of mayhem, or just idling somewhere you shouldn't, bored Immortals have a unique arsenal of death to deal. :)
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote from: Ourla on May 06, 2009, 04:16:55 PM
That is indeed a badass log and a very cool death.  But I thought staff weren't supposed to kill off PCs?

I'm willing to bet that the PC would have died to that silt horror regardless, and so instead of letting her see that beep after a boring NPC nomnom, they decided to make it interesting.

Quote from: a strange shadow on May 06, 2009, 04:26:50 PM
I'm willing to bet that the PC would have died to that silt horror regardless, and so instead of letting her see that beep after a boring NPC nomnom, they decided to make it interesting.

That makes sense.

Quote from: Archbaron on May 06, 2009, 04:25:40 PM
Lol, that's one hunk of false information if I ever saw one. It happens all the time. Whether you're not paying attention to the virtual world, creating a lot of mayhem, or just idling somewhere you shouldn't, bored Immortals have a unique arsenal of death to deal.

This, not so much.

I've spent the last several months trying to convince my RL newb friends that no, staff don't lay plans to kill PCs because of some random negative interaction they made have had with the character or player in the past.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Well, they don't plan, it's usually just spontaneous if you make a wrong move. And usually, they don't kill you, they just leave you at a disadvantage for a while (like robbing, etc). It's all great, I love it. This is just my experience with them.
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

I was quite happy with the death. I think me and the staffer were both very much aware that the character was a goner regardless.

Quote from: Maso on May 06, 2009, 05:06:37 PM
I was quite happy with the death. I think me and the staffer were both very much aware that the character was a goner regardless.
Right, these are usual the circumstances. Awesome death.
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

My guess is that Maso had the chance to flee screaming after she felt the tentacle.

That's what I would have done.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

bwahaha. that is a great log. I need to dig up my similar mantis log from a few years ago.

May 06, 2009, 11:16:42 PM #717 Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 09:52:35 AM by SMuz
Hah, that was the best brag ever. That beats the vore dwarf I was hoping Yam would make :P

Quote from: Ourla on May 06, 2009, 04:44:30 PM
Quote from: Archbaron on May 06, 2009, 04:25:40 PM
Lol, that's one hunk of false information if I ever saw one. It happens all the time. Whether you're not paying attention to the virtual world, creating a lot of mayhem, or just idling somewhere you shouldn't, bored Immortals have a unique arsenal of death to deal.

This, not so much.

I've spent the last several months trying to convince my RL newb friends that no, staff don't lay plans to kill PCs because of some random negative interaction they made have had with the character or player in the past.

I'm pretty sure they've mentioned that they give plenty of warning. Lots and lots of it. If you ignore the warning and don't flee, or play along with it, like Maso did, you're rewarded with a beautiful death. I've seen plenty of hints of the form, especially when I'm doing something I'm not supposed to and I always get the feck out of the place.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Real men ignore the ominous feelings, the pangs of terror, the urge to flee, and charge directly at [insert monster here].
I did. I survived. I have a T-Shirt.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

Quote from: Xagon on May 07, 2009, 06:52:40 PM
Real men ignore the ominous feelings, the pangs of terror, the urge to flee, and charge directly at [insert monster here].
Ditto!

But... did you do so with a guild_merchant?

Quote from: Marauder Moe on May 07, 2009, 07:02:55 PM
Ditto!

I did it with a merchant. And lived. The merchant died of loneliness.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on May 07, 2009, 07:02:55 PM
Ditto!

No, I just did it with my psionicist/sorcerer/water breather. It was 1337.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

I played a HG that went into a certain cave complex and after general creepiness was suddenly surprised by a flaming wall of death preventing my escape... so of course, my HG fled FURTHER INTO the cave of death.  Unfortunately for my HG, the cave of death reaches a point where HGs are too big to continue, so my HG gets stuck in the narrow confines.  Undead beasty follows after and corners my poor, lovable HG just as my character is getting unstuck.  Undead demands things and my HG cowers.  Undead attacks and two-punches my HG into unconsciousness.  While unconscious, the undead drags my HG to somewhere and magicks up a sacrificial alter, melts stone to create shackles from them to secure my HG with and then proceeds to sacrifice me.  I wake up half-way through said process.  The gem was when the undead reaches into my character's chest to pull out the still-beating heart.  My HG responds with a feeble pawing at said still-beating heart and the hand that holds it while saying, "But... I need that," to which the undead responded with, "Not anymore."  Shortly after that, my HG was undead as well... and I think it goes without saying, no longer my character to play.

I wish I'd kept a log of that.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: Jingo on May 06, 2009, 08:40:23 PM
My guess is that Maso had the chance to flee screaming after she felt the tentacle.

That's what I would have done.

Her character was exhausted, though.
Lunch makes me happy.

Same thing here, Spawnloser.  Same place, too.  Only I got turned to stone. :D
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger