Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

I had a character lose 50+ employees over the course of  his life. The majority at some point stating specifically "Nah, I'm different. Things don't feck with me, i can go out the gates alone, I'm a badass" blah blah blah. Tsk tsk tsk

Makes me think...the life of a long lived character is increasingly depressing. Last more then 5 game years and you will watch dozens and dozens of friends die.
<Morgenes> Dunno if it's ever been advertised, but we use Runequest as a lot of our inspiration, and that will be continued in Arm 2
<H&H> I can't take that seriously.
<Morgenes> sorry HnH, can't take what seriously?
<H&H>Oh, I read Runescape. Nevermin

Quote from: BuNutzCola on March 23, 2009, 07:59:47 AM
Makes me think...the life of a long lived character is increasingly depressing. Last more then 5 game years and you will watch dozens and dozens of friends die.

QFT
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I think the life of your average Zalanthan is increasingly depressing. It's not a happy place, that's part of the allure!

Quote from: Pale Horse on March 23, 2009, 09:50:00 AM

QFT
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Saw one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen in Armageddon today!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Spam skinned 50+ bodies within seconds.

Was that the one with all the buzzards where someone emote running in hacking away with feathers flying everywhere or something?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Yes.. yes it was.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: rishenko on April 06, 2009, 05:11:29 PM
lol, that should be in the shame thread.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

That's so OOCly funny, it's excused from being looked at for it's abuse.
:D
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: SMuz on April 07, 2009, 09:15:16 AM
Quote from: rishenko on April 06, 2009, 05:11:29 PM
lol, that should be in the shame thread.

The only shame is that such opportunities didn't present themselves more often. ;)

Quote from: Rahnevyn on January 13, 2009, 08:14:50 PM
..the probability of even having both a male and female PC dwarf in the game at the same time is close to 0.
I had a 5-RL month long male dwarf meet a female dwarf once for 15 RL minutes. Never saw her again afterwards, though.
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

I've seen three female dwarves in the last few weeks in one city.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

I've seen a few female dwarves when I'm not playing as a dwarf. In the same city too.

I was once knocked out by an NPC halfling, had it attack me while I was sleeping, regained enough stun to regain consciousness, woke up, and killed it.

*flex*

I survived some PC halflings ambushing me by feeding them.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

Quote from: daedroug on April 25, 2009, 02:32:47 PM

Feeding them what?  Your fingers and toes?
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Hahahah!  Knowing what I know about halflings, that's not why you survived.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Stole training axes from the Legion's training yard, and they never found out.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Ourla on April 25, 2009, 02:38:12 PM

Feeding them what?  Your fingers and toes?

Nope meat from my pack, actually had me dead to rights with a bit of magick too.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

Quote from: Is Friday on April 25, 2009, 09:25:49 PM
Stole training axes from the Legion's training yard, and they never found out.
Hah, training axes? I've stolen worse.. too recent to say what though ;)

April 26, 2009, 06:14:31 AM #672 Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 06:16:34 AM by number13
I think enough time has past.  It's probably been close to two years.

I once convinced some scuzzy, high powered magickers that my character had died and been replaced with an ancient demonic entity that was dedicated to revenging itself on the warrior tribe Fale. The persons in question used a method of finding my character, and to their surprise ended up in a sparsely populated tavern instead of my secret demon lair.

The logs died with my old hard drive. :(

Quote from: SMuz on April 13, 2009, 05:14:23 PM
I've seen a few female dwarves when I'm not playing as a dwarf. In the same city too.

Thats because they're free from the fear of having to mudsex you.  ;D
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Quote from: jcljules on April 26, 2009, 08:52:29 AM
Quote from: SMuz on April 13, 2009, 05:14:23 PM

Thats because they're free from the fear of having to mudsex you.  ;D
Dwarf mudsex is scary. If anyone's ever done it, they have good reason not to brag. Extra scary if it's with a descriptive, skilled roleplayer :P