Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

Quote from: Forest Junkie on August 02, 2008, 08:39:36 PM

I did the monster mash at a dance. I got bitched at.  :-\

If that was within the last...year or two, I remember it.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead." - Albert Einstein

Quote from: Fnord on December 13, 2007, 12:59:06 PM
* sacrificed my Byn sgt. to save his unit and the girl he loved, even though he could have gotten away. maybe my best death

Had a Byn Sgt. come back and save my ass when I was bashed over, sacrificing himself in the process. Ran, busted up to the gates of 'Nak with is girl in toe and got a party of Templars to go look for his body.

I missed that Sgt. (em wipes away tear)
Easily the coolest death I've ever seen.

Greatly feared former-mentor enemy fades out of nowhere and stops you from going where you wanted to go.
Magicker with magick stuff fades in to.
Think Oh Shit.
say Shit!
shout Run!

Welcome to Armageddon!
Quote from: fourTwenty on June 11, 2007, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Rievroleplay damn well(I assume Kazi and fourTwenty are completely different from each other)

Did you just call one of us a dick?

August 03, 2008, 09:38:32 AM #502 Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 11:43:34 AM by Winterless
Quote from: fourTwenty on August 03, 2008, 02:30:00 AM
* sacrificed my Byn sgt. to save his unit and the girl he loved, even though he could have gotten away. maybe my best death

Had a Byn Sgt. come back and save my ass when I was bashed over, sacrificing himself in the process. Ran, busted up to the gates of 'Nak with is girl in toe and got a party of Templars to go look for his body.

QFT.

And that girl was my PC too. :D

One of my rangers with only 3 RL weeks played killed a beetle using a spear/shield with mostly average stats, then promptly died to beetle #2 in the room nw of there. :|
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Played a magicker for months without casting a single spell. (Done this twice)

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Once used the line, thanks to a very good friend's suggestion, "My testicles would be all over you like a pit gortok on a tregil." to a nothern militia woman, as a southern visitor.  Naturally she blushed, and subtly stabbed me to death some days later.
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

I once had a warrior.
As soon as I went into the game the first time, I bought armor, a weapon, and some water, then went hunting. I killed 2 scrabs in under 2 hours playing time. I went back to the city and found a cool blue edible object. The gate guards annihilated me.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

Quote from: Yokunama on August 04, 2008, 03:18:38 AM
Played a magicker for months without casting a single spell. (Done this twice)

I did that too, once, after I was accepted for a high karma magicker class. I was so scared that the Staff would watch me and decide to never grant me a special application ever again if I didn't stay in a straight path of no
twinking that I just decided to never cast any spells with that character, hah.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Forest Junkie on August 02, 2008, 08:39:36 PM
I've done some silly, silly things:

On one of my first few pcs, I met Desertman's pc, though I was a human and he an elf I believe. A halfling or some other nasty mob started whacking D, but I couldn't understand his shouting. (We were conspiring on yahoo in different classrooms). The asshole then uses the ooc command, shouting: Subdue me and run east to the gates.

Before I have time to react, in swoops Halasturd. Naturally, James tries hitting him. Wow..that was a long time ago.  ::)

Halaster's pc killed me. I still hate him for it.

LMFAO

I still remember this, man we were such newbs.

I lost every karma point I had for that at the time, which wasnt much, but still.

Note to everyone, DO NOT try to hit anyone that comes down floating on a cloud. Its not good for your IG health.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

I think I was this Sgt.

You dont know how many times I sat and thought..."Man, that could have gone differently."...But in the end, it was a cool death.

I don't think pof Durg/Durgan is still around, but I remember him relating his story to me before. Apparently, before he became known as the legendary Durg Hookhand, he was a 1 hour old newbie that had popped, bought starting gear, and got summarily chomped on by some gortok. This was around 2001 -2003, far before the time where dying under the threshold repopped you with your starting coin/newbie gear. He popped back as a nekkid little dwarf - consequently, he found a gortok jaw and used this as his sole means of protection until he slowly built his way up to what he eventually became. At the time of his death the Bloodriders were pretty pimping. The staff took good care of this clan, and Durg even got ahold of a spot in Freil's where he had his own shop. His business got so good he was cutting in on Salarr's profits. We all known how these things turn out.  ;)

To make things all the more epic, he was the one lone pc to ride out and meet the wyvern at the Scaien when everyone else, including the templars, bitched out. I believe I saw him land a nick on the wyvern before he got his hand chomped off. Cool pc, even though the player could be a total dick to the staff at times.

Quote from: Forest Junkie on August 04, 2008, 02:04:23 PM
I don't think pof Durg/Durgan is still around, but I remember him relating his story to me before. Apparently, before he became known as the legendary Durg Hookhand, he was a 1 hour old newbie that had popped, bought starting gear, and got summarily chomped on by some gortok. This was around 2001 -2003, far before the time where dying under the threshold repopped you with your starting coin/newbie gear. He popped back as a nekkid little dwarf - consequently, he found a gortok jaw and used this as his sole means of protection until he slowly built his way up to what he eventually became. At the time of his death the Bloodriders were pretty pimping. The staff took good care of this clan, and Durg even got ahold of a spot in Freil's where he had his own shop. His business got so good he was cutting in on Salarr's profits. We all known how these things turn out.  ;)

To make things all the more epic, he was the one lone pc to ride out and meet the wyvern at the Scaien when everyone else, including the templars, bitched out. I believe I saw him land a nick on the wyvern before he got his hand chomped off. Cool pc, even though the player could be a total dick to the staff at times.

Yeah, good times. I was playing a half giant with him, and was trying to kill his killers but they all retired. Booo. Plus he made me a massive wooden shield, with a starburst carved in it.
Quote from: BhagharvaWhat you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.

Durg Hookhand and the bloodriders were the ones that got me into this game, when I was a fresh-faced newbie that had no idea what to do or where to go. Those guys, and an Anyali named Kiya.

Quote from: Desertman on August 04, 2008, 12:30:47 PM

I think I was this Sgt.

You dont know how many times I sat and thought..."Man, that could have gone differently."...But in the end, it was a cool death.

Nope, you weren't the Sgt. sry.

Durg delt a newbie ranger halfbreed of mine a beat down once.

Quote from: Forest Junkie on August 04, 2008, 02:04:23 PM

Huh, I was playing off and on around then and had a guy in the bloodriders when they first started up, I believe.  I think I helped design and order some of their cloaks/ponchos.  I had an ongoing string of battles with some desert elf and he finally killed me in Tuluk near the Poet's Circle or something. 

I once played a pickpocket that happened across a noble lady in the Bard's Barrel, years ago.  She was petting a bird at a table and was guarded by some NPC brute.

I think to myself..
"Feckin' upper class kank-feckin' whore! Who does she think she is, coming to -MY- bar?"

I stole her bird and emoted dashing off out of the door into the crowds.  She noticed and followed.
I then junked the bird, emoting grabbing it by both legs and tearing it in two.  She cried.  I laughed.

Quote from: Ammut on August 05, 2008, 12:25:55 AM
I then junked the bird, emoting grabbing it by both legs and

Oh, you're a horrible person.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 05, 2008, 12:29:38 AM
I then junked the bird, emoting grabbing it by both legs and

Oh, you're a horrible person.

I just happen to play complete asshats half the time.  It's actually quite fun.

I stole her bird and emoted dashing off out of the door into the crowds.  She noticed and followed.
I then junked the bird, emoting grabbing it by both legs and tearing it in two.  She cried.  I laughed.

ROFL.  You are my new hero.

I once played a pickpocket that happened across a noble lady in the Bard's Barrel, years ago.  She was petting a bird at a table and was guarded by some NPC brute.

I think to myself..
"Feckin' upper class kank-feckin' whore! Who does she think she is, coming to -MY- bar?"

Bwahaha...

I love this. You are amazing.

*bows* Axel did have the coolest death ever.
Amor Fati

Was an inaugural member of the Salarri Erdlu Death Squad.

Borsail aide PC of mine (one of my very first pc) was forced to overdose on spice by the order of her lady.

Must be one of the most expensive deaths....ever.
Quote from: Majikal on August 20, 2009, 05:53:09 PM

Running after Carru, catching them, then eating them while they are still breathing is a Red Fang's version of 'fast food'.