Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

Along the lines of shame:

I had an elf don a militia cloak, shadow a soldier into the soldier's quarter at night, sneak around using the shadows to try and conceal my inhuman height, traveled through the tal-zen tunnel to find an unlocked noble house gate, stepped inside to find the mansion itself unlocked, went upstairs, and....after some time...ended up killing a long-lived, prominent noble.  I proceeded to wear his clothes, including a magickal helm that could not be removed, and was going to try and pose as him to escape before being walked in on halfway-undressed with a half-undressed, dead noble.  The helm couldn't be removed, but the half-giant shoulder didn't mind pulling the head off with it.  *beep*

I've had a 30 day warrior who could almost take down meks by himself despite lower strength die to a bamuk in two hits.

With my first character in the guild, I was ordered to kill a certain person if I ever saw them again, and I took it literally.  I saw them in the Trader's Inn, walked in, and killed them with no finesse whatsoever.  Luckily my employer negotiated to have me 'enslaved' and sold back to him.

Other stuff:

I was one of the first two or three Borsail Wyverns.  I was still a horrible newbie, though.  Harik took my place.

I've had a character given money to use his contacts to arrange a political assassination, but used the money to negotiate the assassination on the one who paid me originally instead, for a lower cost.  Profits are good.

I broke into Ihsahn the Red's mansion and got away with it.  Until his friends made me repay him when they found out about it.

I was in one of the skirmishes between the north and south just before the original Allanaki occupation, and actually killed the enemy templar with my gladiator-slave.  I didn't get credit, but was freed very shortly after.

I was in the first scouting party to the mantis valley from Allanak.

I had a half-giant with no stat below 'extremely good'.  It died at six hours after nearly killing a bahamet.

I had twenty years of my life drained by a sorcerer.  When he was killed, I got them back.

I've had a black robe smile at me.

I played a string of half-giant gladiators for the scheduled arena games, and had Iakovitzes Tor cheer me on.  Fatty Tor for the win.

My first character was recruited by Boopsiefiel after saving him from an attacker in the Trader's.  One hour later, I died while trying to figure out how dual wield worked.

I subdued the Hand of Utep.  Died shortly after.

I've had a half-giant raider who picked up a dwarf and shook the shit out of him before looking in his eyes and asking if he was scared yet.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I had a character with a metal dagger, and this is within the last 6 years.

I had a character assassinated by the character's employers because they were jealous, and yes this was a major/prominent clan.

Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

QuoteI've had a 30 day warrior who could almost take down meks by himself despite lower strength die to a bamuk in two hits.

How did that happen? Sounds like a bug.
Telling the Truth Where Others Hush.

I PK'ed some guy and he sent me a sincere kudos for it.
Telling the Truth Where Others Hush.

Sigh... all these things sound so cool. The only thing I have to brag about is my 2-and-a-half day guild_assassin who survived one hit from a silt-horror.

But died in the next hit.

Oh well, it was cool, but not as cool as the other things.

I think I played the first magicker to graduate from the Atrium and the first Atrium graduate to serve in House Oash.  That was possibly the only character to ever do those things too.

Broke 50k sid with two separate characters. Got damn close to 100k.

Had a character with a metal knife within the past 3 years.

Had an Allanaki militiaman who got sent to Luir's to lookout for Tuluki forces passing through, but spent the time getting spice and whores instead.
subdue thread
release thread pit

I've played two different characters who heard stories and tales of previous characters of mine that had died told to him by different people. It always brings a smile to my face when I hear people talking IC about previous characters I played and it is what I am most proud of!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Never in my 3 years playing this game PK'ed anyone.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

One highlight each from a few fav characters...

* made lt. in the Byn

* watched from the noble stands as my group kicked the formidable Kuraci group's ass in the Allanak arena

* invented a d-elf tribe that seemed to have more players at its peak than the coded tribes

* got thrown in the arena and survived waves of beasties until the fans shouted for the Templars to let me live... which they did

* finally had a simple human/human romance with one of my favorite players

* sacrificed my Byn sgt. to save his unit and the girl he loved, even though he could have gotten away. maybe my best death

* current PC... is a n00b not worth bragging about
Amor Fati

Without special apping or taking a sponsered role.

I've had byn sarges of course.

A Tor dwarf LT who survived the liberation of luirs and was trained by Gold.

Had a Winrothol dwarf LT just after they re-opened for play. And who a rumor is about in a certain tavern. Who sparred Sujaal to a stalemate and was involved in the first kurac pit fights.

I had a HG legionaire who once folded a body several times and stuffed it in a bag. And was there when sujaal died...he also learned all but 2 languages, had 2 magick rings and an iron dagger. Sadly, killed to nightfall because blind fighting did not exist and NPCs did not take negs to darkness. But man was he fun.

On the shame side, My first PC  (HG stone cleric WAAAAY back). Used to go to allanak and kill every single shopkeeper,  for the coins in inventory and certain other items, then transport them, sell them, then kill every single shopkeeper. Spent one day killing every npc in the city, including the black robe templar that came after him,...not too long after that mages could no longer wield and cast...meh.

A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Lived in the Silverwood Estate. As the Lord Governor Borsail during the occupation.

Then a few months later, he led a mission that wiped out nearly the entire PC base for Borsail in one fell swoop. Curiosity doesn't just kill the cat, folks.

I heard just recently that folks still have fun putting on the Lord Gov's armor and GOLD signet ring and dancing around at parties.
Someone says, out of character:
     "no, the mace did not explode, that was his testicle"

Quote from: Bushranger on December 13, 2007, 09:48:11 AM
I've played two different characters who heard stories and tales of previous characters of mine that had died told to him by different people. It always brings a smile to my face when I hear people talking IC about previous characters I played and it is what I am most proud of!

Haha, this, too. Especially if it's in the form of a parable given to warn my current PC about dangerous, bad, destructive behaviour.

I survived for 69 (or 79... I honestly forget) days of playtime on a throwaway Bynner noob.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

But she was just too FUN to let die!

I still cannot decide if a sign should be put up saying "Caution, Falling runners"
Or if Kanks should have targets on their backs.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Played the starring role in Arm's only PC-run blockbuster play (we ran for two weeks.)

Quote from: X-D on December 13, 2007, 02:15:19 PM
But she was just too FUN to let die!

I still cannot decide if a sign should be put up saying "Caution, Falling runners"
Or if Kanks should have targets on their backs.

You know, I'm honestly surprised we didn't kill more kanks than we did. At one point I'm pretty sure we were giving the slaughterhouse a run for their money.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Stood in front of the Sanctuary in Tuluk with a large crowd gathered and accused both the Lirathans and Jihaens of mismanaging the city, was dragged to jail for treason (which caused a riot), and then negotiated a way out of execution.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Saw Belenos' hideout in the game.

A few other things too, but too recent, too recent.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on December 13, 2007, 03:13:11 PM
Stood in front of the Sanctuary in Tuluk with a large crowd gathered and accused both the Lirathans and Jihaens of mismanaging the city, was dragged to jail for treason (which caused a riot), and then negotiated a way out of execution.

Hell yes! That was a beautiful thing, Gim.

I didn't do nothin'
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Played an elf in Tuluk who constantly dealt in misinformation. Generally anyone who asked him anything got an answer. It was all BOLLOCKS!

Same character smoked his absolutely incredible wisdom down to poor every day. That was some good shit.

Not much, but.

Have played an aide that planned numerous assassinations for his boss, sadly RL events made me have to leave the internet for 2-3 months and store this char. My favorite was meeting a Rinther to get the head and having a full tavern, referring to it as a scrab head from down south and I was going to use it in some cooking.

Have seen a templar mind bended.

Have seen a really messed up thing that is probably too IC to say anymore.

Was in the Copper War! Played a Tor Scorpion and died the first RL week of it within a few seconds by a really spreedy elkros

Was in the Gith War :D!

Quote from: X-D on December 13, 2007, 01:13:49 PM
And was there when sujaal died

Ha, I remember that.  I felt bad for getting Sujaal killed.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

I had a pc, with the help of one other, design and purchase a wagon for a major house. It's a cool wagon too.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."