Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

Quote from: Is Friday on April 21, 2008, 08:35:18 PM
One of my characters came back from -7h. Against a mantis.

I would really love to hear more about that one!

Hmm ... my character lost his mount in the middle of tembo and longear tribal country ... then found it again a month later.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

One of my characters (years ago) recovered from -10 hp and went on to survive another 120+ days of playtime.

April 22, 2008, 02:48:25 AM #452 Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 03:27:42 AM by satine
I once played a rinth girl.
Who had everyone convined she was sweet and innocent despite the fact she was a whore.
Then got over a dozen people killed in the most inderect means possible.
No one ever knew.

I'm kinnda proud of it.

I also got bored enough to sit in a tavern and think "99 bottles of beer on the wall" and actually finished the song.
Quotejmordetsky: so I reckon, before 1750, people were fuckin retarded

QuoteNamino:
I'm not going to spawn 100,000,000 eggs like a black marlin just because Mekillots are a thing 

Quote from: satine on April 22, 2008, 02:48:25 AM
I also got bored enough to sit in a tavern and think "99 bottles of beer on the wall" and actually finished the song.

Oh how staff and any mindbenders in the vicinity must have hated you!  :o
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Back in the day when the queue for character applications was cleared only every two weeks or so...

I would sit and check my email constantly.  Play when I got approved, die with amazing speed, and make another app again really quick to get approved again before the immortal finished their way down the queue.

Maybe I shouldn't be proud of that.
Tryin' to make friends but people are jerks,
So I'm gonna put some fleas on you.
And the fleas'll have the plague,
And they'll make you cough a lot,
Then you'll be too sick to hurt my feelings anymore.

I've had a character killed by an IMM ran gith.

I had another character hunted down by an IMM ran gith knocked out and her pet songbird was promptly crushed and eaten before she was saved by a magicker who made her disappear only to be seen by a mundane who was convinced she herself was a magicker.  The ironic thing was she was a half breed who really wished she was a magicker so that no one could make fun of her for being a breed, but alas was not.

April 22, 2008, 09:42:43 AM #456 Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 02:37:54 PM by Hot_Dancer
Magick was once so rare I had a character of mine murdered for witnessing an elder tribal witch cast and remarking about it later privately at an inn table. Ironically, this was my first time to experience or see magick in Armageddon. They were that serious about hiding identity or association with those powers..
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Quote from: Bebop on April 22, 2008, 09:22:02 AM
I've had a character killed by an IMM ran gith.

I had another character hunted down by an IMM ran gith knocked out and her pet songbird was promptly crushed and eaten before she was saved by a magicker who made her disappear only to be seen by a mundane who was convinced she herself was a magicker.  The ironic thing was she was a half breed who really wished she was a magicker so that no one could make fun of her for being a breed, but alas was not.

i had a character cut away from his byn troop by an imm ran (or pc) mantis.

He was rescued by the byn troop, and night fell, so they setup camp and a guard.

It burst through the guard in the night, crashed the tent my char was in, and drug him away.

Cool scene for everyone else, but I was a little miffed if it was indeed imm ran.

I once said, with a long lived character to an IMM, ya know, we are doing all this crazy stuff, but it doesn't seem that dangerous, we hardly ever die.

I died next RPT. 

Don't be stupid.
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

Due to several requests, I've moved the quote pyramids to a thread in OOC Chatter.  That's where stuff like that belongs.

Had a character come back from -9 HP once. The mind boggles.

I once had a character take a spear to the gut for 111 points of damage to round out at -7.   Not only did this character survive, but he survived a year longer.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Quote from: Dalmeth on April 22, 2008, 04:24:06 PM
I once had a character take a spear to the gut for 111 points of damage to round out at -7.   Not only did this character survive, but he survived a year longer.
HG spear? Thrown? Thrust? Two handed? Did your character have armor on?

This strikes my curiousity.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Dalmeth on April 22, 2008, 04:24:06 PM

And by spear he means sharpened log, and by sharpened log he means ballista, and by ballista he means Lord Fancy Pants finally expelled the stick up his ass.

He walked in when it happened.

Just bad timing really.
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

I once didn't know that -10 was death and thought my 1 hp left survival was extremely cool.

Now a seasoned old pro at 1 RL month later, I know that I was not very cool after all.

I still don't know if zero stamina will kill me or just make me pass out.

Ask me again in a month and I might know.

Quote from: Shimrod on April 22, 2008, 05:15:07 PM
I still don't know if zero stamina will kill me or just make me pass out.

Ask me again in a month and I might know.

Why not just try it and see what happens? Then you WILL know. Sure, the experiment might kill your character, but maybe it won't.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

I've reenacted no less than three scenes from "Jurassic Park" with my current character.

Only one actually involved raptors.

Oddly enough, none of these scenes were particularly jarring or OOC in any way. They all fit really well for what was going on at the time.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Only He Stands There on April 22, 2008, 05:51:01 PM
Clever girl.

I see what you did there.

I've done and/or seen and/or gotten things that I can -never- put on this list, nor be more specific about it than I just was.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

I once attacked a tiny little snake with a d-elf that could take down bahamets, and died.
I should have scanned before.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: Fathi on April 22, 2008, 05:45:29 PM
I've reenacted no less than three scenes from "Jurassic Park" with my current character.

Only one actually involved raptors.

Oddly enough, none of these scenes were particularly jarring or OOC in any way. They all fit really well for what was going on at the time.

I fell off the -same- electric fence!

April 23, 2008, 08:39:15 PM #471 Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 01:09:23 AM by FatDot
I've got three Kudos. Maybe it's not much, and maybe it's partially because I'm a new player with my very first character, but still ... kind of pleasant. Three player kudos within about ... first rl week ?

I try hard....but never get kudos.......me sad. :-[
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

Quote from: titansfan on April 24, 2008, 12:43:21 AM
I try hard....but never get kudos.......me sad. :-[

*comfort*  On the bright side kudos doesn't equal to karma... I have 6 or 7 karma, not quite too sure atm but I've only received 4 kudos as of a few days back.  Thanks, who ever gave me that kudos though.

I really don't know if I have anything to brag about... I have almost 80 bios and still backlogged for about 6 months worth of playing... is that something to brag about?

Quote from: FatDot on April 23, 2008, 08:39:15 PM
I've got three Kudos. Maybe it's not much, and maybe it's partially because I'm a new player with my very first character, but still ... kind of pleasant. Three player kudos within about ... first rl week ?

That means you are INFINITLY X 3 times better than me.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime