Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 07, 2008, 05:05:30 PM
Quote from: Gimfalisette on April 07, 2008, 01:37:19 PM
even the most awesome of players get kudos probably much less than they deserve. Therefore, I'm not bothered by not getting kudos,

I know how I'm reading this isn't what you meant. But damn it sure made me laugh. ;D

:P

I'M SO DAMN MISUNDERSTOOD AROUND HERE.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on April 07, 2008, 05:15:03 PM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 07, 2008, 05:05:30 PM
Quote from: Gimfalisette on April 07, 2008, 01:37:19 PM
even the most awesome of players get kudos probably much less than they deserve. Therefore, I'm not bothered by not getting kudos,

I know how I'm reading this isn't what you meant. But damn it sure made me laugh. ;D

:P

I'M SO DAMN MISUNDERSTOOD AROUND HERE.

There there, Gimf. Go sit in the corner with your toys while we bring this thread back on topic.

I once had a 1-day character fight three beetles in a sandstorm and win.

I once got accepted for two sponsored roles at the same time.

One of my characters helped build a structure that is still IG today.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

QuoteI once had a 1-day character fight three beetles in a sandstorm and win.

That is -very- impressive. I'm going to have to guess this was a special apped character.

My last PC died knowing sirihish, allundean, bendune, cavilish, kentu, heshrak, anyar, and the northern, southern, rinthi, and tribal accents. Was close to learning tatlum, nrizkt, and a secret other language.

And was literate.

I got a staff kudos for dying.

It was bittersweet.  :'(

I once was killed and reanimated and I got 3k for my efforts.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: Famous Amos on April 07, 2008, 09:32:30 PM
My last PC died knowing sirihish, allundean, bendune, cavilish, kentu, heshrak, anyar, and the northern, southern, rinthi, and tribal accents. Was close to learning tatlum, nrizkt, and a secret other language.

And was literate.

That's pretty impressive, especially when you consider that the accent code has only been in place for a couple years, and the Anyali clans have been out of the game for a lot longer than that.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: Famous Amos on April 07, 2008, 09:32:30 PM

And was literate.

Verified.

I had a HG legionair that when he died had Sirihish, Allundean, Kentu, Bendune, Cavilish, Tatlum...above ave wis and thug sub.:)
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I once offered a character to follow mine around with a bucket to catch his shit.

In return he offered two 'bitches' that would be his slaves.

The shits were supposedly the size of Allanak proper.

He declined  :'(
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

The all-star armageddon thread forces me to post things because I just remembered a few older PCs and some hilarious things.

With one of my first PCs, my character (burglar/house servant) tripped over Vedalarin.  Or Quintus.  Hell, it was some big hoity toity Borsail.  Like, seriously, tripped over him.

Rather than kill my PC, he sniffed indignantly and somehow got this other PC, his aide, to give me a job as a servant.  Pearl was her name.

So freaking awesome.  Then I mention "oh btw I can break into houses" (little did I know what this even meant, since I didn't understand you had to train skills then).

I get used as some sort of liason (sort of) to the Guild with another notable guild person that you may see in stories:  Serpent.  Wow.  I just remembered this like today...and it blew my mind that I was around for some of that.

Then I took a break from Arm and came back and made another PC.  Cue next story.

I played an atrium PC (merchant/linguist) under Pearl, as a Host with one of my first long-lived PCs ever.

Got involved heavily with the politics of the South and with some other Merchant Houses and NEVER touched my merchant skill list because I didn't know how to do anything.

In fact, I was so code-dumb at the time that the only skills I used successfully were listen, languages, and contact. 

I don't even think I knew what barrier was then.

A staffer made the mudsexing my character was doing with another PC audibly heard in another room of the Atrium.  Cue hilarity.  "I was teaching her languages!  I swear!"

My next PC was a ranger/something that was a spice sifter in Red Storm.  Ended up going to Luir's with Shatuka because she was down for a recruiting trip.

That same PC lost (I shit you not) 6 House Kurac issue mounts.  Usually after we'd get into a fight and have to flee and I'd forget to hitch the mount.  You know the guy that you would always be pissed about leaving stuff around or being a general fuckup?  That was my PC.

That same PC was also one of the worst combat PCs in the game, ever, to get a combat leadership role.  EVER.  I shit you not on this as well, for I have no reason to lie about sucking the worst.

Wow.  Thanks for all of the memories, any players I mentioned here.  You are my inspiration.

Quote from: ShalooonshTuluk: More Subtly Hot. If you can't find action in Tuluk, you're from Allanak.
Quote from: Southie"In His Radiance" -> I am a traitor / I've been playing too much in Tuluk recently.

I have personally seen what it is like when Imms dislike you ICly.

We were on a trip into halfling Territory, when a PC named Kerdon experienced it.

He had scan on, we encountered a halfling hunter and it was about 2 IC hours before dawn. There was a sandstorm and we were limited to one room away during the day. At night, it was like it this "You can't see a thing; sand swirls about you!"

Well, this guy just left the tent and was at full health when we lost total vision. Here is a sniper shot from a halfling. He was wearing a full faced helmet. So, the only thing ICly I could think of was, "The imms hate this guy."

QuoteA thin throwing knife flies in from the west and strikes a faint shape's head.
A faint shape cries out in pain.
A dusty bone-handled, obsidian hawkblade clatters to the ground as a faint shape releases it.
A faint shape crumples to the ground.

Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Well, if you were expecting nobody to die during a trip through sandstorming halfling territory, I'd imagine your friend's death was more due to poor planning than immortal favoritism.

But that's just me.

...There was the case of some fantastic dwarven warrior...

One of the best in the game.

Who used to go into the 'rinth and kill stuff.

..Back when there was no gangs, and no aggressive NPCs in the Labyrinth.

And he was killing some more NPCs in the 'rinth...

And an Immortal named Zagren saw this POWERFUL, FULLY-GEARED DWARVEN WARRIOR just killing people for fun in the 'rinth.

So he pops into a dirty muscular man, and sneaks, and SAPS the DWARVEN WARRIOR WITH A GOLD HELMET.   BAM right through the helmet!  Crushes the Dwarf's Skull.

So, next time you're doing something stupid, like killing NPCs in the 'rinth while wearing a gold helmet - THINK TWICE.

/Zagren told me this story while he was driving me to the APM in Chicago in 2001
//true story.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: Maybe42or54 on April 10, 2008, 12:08:07 AMWell, this guy just left the tent and was at full health when we lost total vision. Here is a sniper shot from a halfling. He was wearing a full faced helmet. So, the only thing ICly I could think of was, "The imms hate this guy."

The imms make mistakes sometimes.  Unfortunately, the throw code doesn't know what kind of helmet you have on, and even imms can't specify what part of the body you want to throw the weapon at.  We also don't have 100% control over the damage we do with skills while switched into an npc.  The goof here looks like it was killing the guy in low visibility.  Maybe they were hated, but it was probably just a mistake.  I've definitely killed a pc before with an arrow when I didn't mean to, and I felt terrible afterwards.  Sorry, awesome Bynner!
Goryteller

Quote from: RockScissors are fine.  Please nerf paper.

I thought it was awesome. The knife was probably shot out of a cannon that was being blown by 4 unseen halfling warriors. Can't prevent that.

April 10, 2008, 08:14:37 AM #417 Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 03:17:39 PM by Qzzrbl
 :o

I entered the Sanctuary naked, asked if anyone had an extra pair of pants then looked down and was suddenly equipped with a tunic and a pair of pants...then my character suddenly though: I should really get some pants.
Quote from: Tarx on April 13, 2008, 11:43:02 PM
The longer a PC lives, the more likely they will die to something stupid.

-ginka's law

April 11, 2008, 05:03:58 PM #419 Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 07:43:30 PM by slipshod
"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr

I had man-sex with Mansa's PC. And it was a total IC Spoiler.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

My half-giant painted his inix silver. Because he thought it would get stronger.

Now there's -real- silver inix. I bet they just stole the description.
Quote from: BhagharvaWhat you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.

Nooo I came here to see slipshod's post. But he stole it.  :'(

One time I made a character, with the OOC consent of a Borsail Lieutenant, who was going to follow him around singing songs about his bravery. Think "Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robiin!" from Montey Python. But when I met up IG he put my ass through the Atrium. Now, I have a hard time getting into non-combat roles, and I love to take stupid risks. This is why I've had over 100 PCs in about 4 years. I gotta get some fighting done.

Anyhow, after a full RL month of "the fork goes next to the knife, with the spoon on the opposite side of the plate" I was getting REALLY BORED!! Not to mention the Lt I was to sing about the bravery of had stored. So one day, while the Host was having wine with Lady Borsail in some sitting room I wasn't allowed in by myself, I decided to idle in the next room and change my locdesc to "is here, taking a piss in Bob's grill." (Bob being the name of the cook who had a George Foreman grill set up in the next room.) Left it for about 20 minutes while I surfed the web. Not really good RP, but just imagine what one of them must've thought if either had typed 'look east' ?

-----

Was wearing my pants on my face in a sandstorm to protect it from stinging sand. (Oh yeah, did I mention spice?) They were caught by a wind and got hung up on the dragon statue. Had to walk bare-assed back to the bar and ask around for a fresh pair.

-------

My soldier was having a hard time dealing with some noble murders going on at the time. He was the only witness to see the killer. Didn't catch him. Was having harsh dreams about it when they were interfered by an immortal who gave me two emotes that held very vague clues toward who the killer was.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org