Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

Quote from: Maybe42or54 on April 02, 2008, 05:35:52 PM
I was once given a reward of 3000 'sid for being an awesome byn lieutenant.
I still had that 3k on my body when I died a couple days later. The sole death. A few seconds after that death, the mud crashed, and everyone logged back in at the gates. They had to do the attack all over, I heard. Except for me. Because I died in the future.

I skipped this event for RL.

Ghost:  Were you a Jihaen?  Was it the tomb raid that Kul got the Crown?

No, I wasn't a Jihaen.  I was a guide.  Figure that one out if you can.  And no, we didn't get a crown.  Got something else pretty sweets.  Hell it's been forever since then, it was a pyramid stone thingy.  Gem like if I recall.
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

Is it this pale marble pyramidal spice-box that's in my character's locker?

Don't answer that, I'm assuming yes.

Quote from: jstorrie on April 03, 2008, 03:40:14 AM
Is it this pale marble pyramidal spice-box that's in my character's locker?

Don't answer that, I'm assuming yes.

Kul always did have a weakness for neat paraphernalia.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

I have nyrly the shortest staff name ever.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on April 03, 2008, 10:43:09 AM
I have nyrly the shortest staff name ever.

I see what you did there.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

At least now I know how to pronounce it.
Carpe Diem - Fish of the day

Quote from: Maybe42or54 on April 02, 2008, 05:35:52 PM
I was once given a reward of 3000 'sid for being an awesome byn lieutenant.
I still had that 3k on my body when I died a couple days later. The sole death. A few seconds after that death, the mud crashed, and everyone logged back in at the gates. They had to do the attack all over, I heard. Except for me. Because I died in the future.

I was there for that. My char got hit by an arrow and was at -4 when it crashed and got saved.

Quote from: Simple on April 03, 2008, 12:56:21 PM
At least now I know how to pronounce it.

How else could you pronounce it?

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 02, 2008, 10:21:52 PM
I had one character get seven five kudos in one day. ::)

Edited for accuracy.

Hmph... I've only gotten three kudos' in my whole arm life! You people are bad for my ego.

Quote from: alger on April 07, 2008, 01:09:55 AM
Hmph... I've only gotten three kudos' in my whole arm life! You people are bad for my ego.

Send a couple of them to yourself. The next best thing.

Well if it makes you feel better.... I've gotten 0.  And that's a zero not the letter... which really wouldn't make sense.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

I had a 14 year old boy who got into the militia. Before my first IRL week in, there was a raid. In this raid I...
>Fell behind the Argosy with my shity ride skill.
>Got bad directions from the Byn sarge which took me in the completely opposite direction for a ways.
>Fell off the shield wall and killed my Lt's purple kank, knocking myself out.
>Stumbled through the desert and luckily happened upon the battle.
>Was immediately KO'd for the 2nd time that day by a mul.
>Woke up, fell in a chasm, and nearly died of dehydration by time the battle was over.

When time came around the barracks to award participation medals, I didn't recieve mine... Instead, I got a special higher award for bravery or some shit.

----

I cut off 3 of Quick's fingers.

----

I played a half-giant who had a mudsexxxing elf whore fuck-me character follow him around and jerk him off - ALOT.

---

Who hasn't teleported into unfinished areas? Of coarse, I also landed in the middle of the street in front of the Sanctuary in Tuluk too.

----

On my first hour with my new PC I managed to steal a sack of teeth or some shit from someone. A templar searched it later, and thought I was a member of some group of cultists threatening the city-state at that time who apparently like teeth. He tortured me to confess and eventually killed me. When I came in contact with him next time he OOC'd "Holy shit! I was completely convinced you were a member of X group."
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

It's cool. Kudos is dependent on who you are playing with. That one character got five Kudos, but all together I've only gotten six or seven. You just have to be near some people who remember to give out Kudos, and have them catch you in the act of something they think is worthy.

By the way, there should be a marker on you account that you can see how many kudos you have gotten. And how many you have given. And stuff like that.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 07, 2008, 02:28:34 AM
By the way, there should be a marker on you account that you can see how many kudos you have gotten. And how many you have given. And stuff like that.

There is.  In your account notes.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 07, 2008, 02:28:34 AM
And how many you have given.

Brag: I've sent 56 kudos.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

April 07, 2008, 12:40:09 PM #392 Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 12:44:39 PM by BlackMagic0
Quote from: FuSoYa on April 07, 2008, 01:32:21 AM

Well if it makes you feel better.... I've gotten 0.  And that's a zero not the letter... which really wouldn't make sense.

Brandon

I've only got one kudos. :( But I've gotten a lot of "Good this" and "Great that" outside of the game. People should send kudos instead. :( Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

-----
I was kicked out of the byn by Sharak.
-----
I was personal bitch three times to Quick. All three times where forced upon my PC.
-----
OH! I got kudos from a staff member for taking a piss on the archway to the Bard's Barrel.
-----
Nothing overly awesome.. My PCs tend to live short lives, or lame lives.. Or simply nothing uber-amazing.
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Quote from: BlackMagic0 on April 07, 2008, 12:40:09 PM
Quote from: FuSoYa on April 07, 2008, 01:32:21 AM

Brandon

I've only got one kudos. :( But I've gotten a lot of "Good this" and "Great that" outside of the game. People should send kudos instead. :( Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

-----

You're welcomefor the kudos!!!  ;D
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: BlackMagic0 on April 07, 2008, 12:40:09 PMPeople should send kudos instead. :( Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
Also, if you send kudos (instead of just PMing) then the staff members see it too and it probably helps with karma and special applications.

But anyway... do I get to brag now about apparently being one of the few people who hasn't gotten kudos from Gimf?  :P

Or should I go sulk in a corner instead?  :-\ ;)

Quote from: Marauder Moe on April 07, 2008, 12:45:47 PM
But anyway... do I get to brag now about apparently being one of the few people who hasn't gotten kudos from Gimf?  :P

Or should I go sulk in a corner instead?  :-\ ;)

Well, I don't send kudos to people I don't play with, 'cause...you know...I'm not psychic or anything. And I don't think we've played together.

Though it's entirely possible I messed up and just didn't send you one, if we have played together. There have been a few people I've missed, where later on I've smacked myself for not sending kudos. I do my best, but I'm not perfect.

If you play who I think you play, then we have played together.  Just not very often or recently.  I'm just joking anyway.  :P

Don't you worry about inflation in the kudos market, though?  Or at least the Gimf-kudos market?

Quote from: Marauder Moe on April 07, 2008, 01:08:32 PM
Don't you worry about inflation in the kudos market, though?  Or at least the Gimf-kudos market?

Not really, because I tend to send kudos for very specific scenes or qualities. For example, "I really thought your emotes and reactions during that scene last night were top-notch and it added to the overall experience." Or, "Your consistent play in adherence to the documentation regarding magickers is really helpful to me in my own play." Or, "It looks to me like you're doing a great job of clan leadership and your people are really happy." Or, "It seems like you're new to the game and really trying hard, and I wanted to give you an OOC welcome and some encouragement, even though my character was ICly not very nice."

In my opinion, people (in life generally as well as in ARM) really appreciate and thrive on specific compliments, so with kudos I try to send really specific compliments. All us ARM players have different strengths in the game, and that's what I try to recognize and let people know I appreciate. Personally, while I like getting a kudo that just says, "You rock," I enjoy even more getting a kudo that tells me how or why.

I'm trying to be coherent but feel like I'm failing. What I'm really trying to say is: Negativistic criticism tears people down. Positive criticism includes letting them know what they're doing well, and it builds people up. Kudos are one of the ways I try to contribute OOCly to a positive, mature environment in ARM. I don't see them as some kind of special candy only to be given out to the perfect children who've 100% earned it. If that was the criteria, certainly none of us would "deserve" kudos.

And on the flip side, most people don't think this way and/or just don't think about sending kudos. So even the most awesome of players get kudos probably much less than they deserve. Therefore, I'm not bothered by not getting kudos, and I know it doesn't mean I'm not contributing or not good at some things.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on April 07, 2008, 01:37:19 PM
even the most awesome of players get kudos probably much less than they deserve. Therefore, I'm not bothered by not getting kudos,

I know how I'm reading this isn't what you meant. But damn it sure made me laugh. ;D

Mmmh kudos. Yum.

*pets them*

Maybe it was said before, but also try to send more kudos to obviously new players who you think are doing very well. That little ego boost might just be what it takes for them to stick through the harsh learning period.