Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

Quote from: Mood on December 19, 2007, 04:14:58 PM
Quote from: manonfire on December 19, 2007, 02:39:43 PM
I've used a buzzard egg for something during mudsex.

I love you.

ME TOO. That must win, and I've got to ask HOW?!?!?! Lol
A horde of Inix turn and stampede straight at you....KRATH!

I had a pc get "order all kill"'d by four HG soldiers and nine human soldiers.  I may have tied for the fastest.  :)

I didn't even make it through half of the first round of combat.  Insta-death.  Bligow.
Tryin' to make friends but people are jerks,
So I'm gonna put some fleas on you.
And the fleas'll have the plague,
And they'll make you cough a lot,
Then you'll be too sick to hurt my feelings anymore.

Are, so we wanna brag about sdescs, eh?

I'll play an old PC of mine as the trump card, here:

"the wicked mulish clown"

Named Sidwise.  You just can't beat that.

I was once subdued by a half-giant in a jaiil cell and I was unarmed. The templar that killed me, took several rounds as I kept blocking them and they would get absorbed by my armor.

I have since learned to just give up in that scenario and not scream for justice.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I once had a character survive getting jumped by the Merchant's Gate guards, while mounted, with only one weapon out.

I forgot I was permanently crim-flagged, and they all sallied forth to bring great justice, heh.  It was definitely a close one, though.  Thank god for uber parry.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I've killed a mul that looked like a clown, literally.

I've been an officer (i.e. above sergeant) in four different noble houses, both north and south, but never thought of the Byn as worth staying in longer than the year as runner.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I once had a 4 hour dwarf ranger get hit by all 4 spears from the old roving gith death squads and live. And made it back to the merchants gates with a wopping 3 HP and 1 stam.  Where he collapsed just as the soldiers rushed out to deal the highlords death on the death squad.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I am responsible for a few policy changes and room description changes in the game.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I think I'm the reason the rumor board in Meleth's circle was taken down.
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Ginka Sauce, and Spice candy.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

December 20, 2007, 03:35:54 AM #285 Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 03:43:07 AM by Rhyden
I had a Byn Sarge who lead a contract from a vnpc that Halaster set up. The contract was to bring a duskhorn colt to a young Noble in Allanak. So we went out, chased down this duskhorn colt, subdued it, got food for it and kept it in the byn compound for  while then finally rode it all the way to Allanak. Despite the duskhorn colt fleeing away from us a good many times, we made it to Allanak.

Then the gate guards killed it.

:(

Quote from: Kronibas on December 19, 2007, 06:08:11 PM
Are, so we wanna brag about sdescs, eh?

I'll play an old PC of mine as the trump card, here:

"the wicked mulish clown"

Named Sidwise.  You just can't beat that.

I had the word vortex in mine, I mean, it wins.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Rhyden on December 20, 2007, 03:35:54 AM
I had a Byn Sarge who lead a contract from a vnpc that Halaster set up. The contract was to bring a duskhorn colt to a young Noble in Allanak. So we went out, chased down this duskhorn colt, subdued it, got food for it and kept it in the byn compound for  while then finally rode it all the way to Allanak. Despite the duskhorn colt fleeing away from us a good many times, we made it to Allanak.

Then the gate guards killed it.

:(

And you thought you had a safe way to smuggle in your spice stash...
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Know that Kuraci wagon with the dwarf-sized door?

Yeah, that's right baby bought that wagon myself.

I was with Kul on that trip.

My PC and a friend of his were responsible for erecting a series of obelisks somewhere on Zalanthas.
"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr

December 24, 2007, 04:45:31 PM #290 Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 11:39:59 AM by Spiderman
I wasn't going to...but...okay.

Started in 1993.
Participated in the hunt for Vis and Wolf on Blackwing lands with like a 20 elf warparty.
Was in Kohmar.
Was an Ironsword.
Never in the J'Karr.  Never in Salarr.  Not in Kadius until 2003.  Only one Byn ever.
Once was in the Conclave.
I've got a gate in Luir's named for one of my characters.
I've got a road in Tuluk named for another.
I've been both a mantis and a halfling, never a gith.
First burglar I ever played ran into Morcash in his wagon.  I ran.
Lord Adaams (whatever is the proper spelling) once chased me from his crypt.  THat was bad.
I too fought dolls and cups of blood in the back of my wagon.
I was one of the templars who died trying to fight the way to Tuluk, leaving a _FALE_ to get victory.  Bleh.
I've been with three people who drove off the shield wall, one of the wagons still there was the fault of one of those parties.

If there's more, I forgot, but that's all I had to be bragworthy that was far enough removed to not be a spoiler, but almost so far I forgot.

:)

Quote from: Spiderman on December 24, 2007, 04:45:31 PM
I was one of the templars who died trying to fight the way to Tuluk, leaving a _FALE_ to get victory.  Bleh.

That victorious Fale was the daughter of one of my PCs.
"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr

Entering the apartment that once belonged to a psychopathic maniac.

And actually living there comfortably.
Dynnage
Shh! The cow is sleeping!

I once broke into an apartment, opened the door, saw two PCs resting on a bed and quickly closed the door behind me and snuck off.

The first character I got karma with was a half elf posing as a human.  She wanted to make Sergeant before another dwarf that was rather newbish and a spam fighter.  He decided to go help a friend somewhere and needed directions.  I confess to giving him directions into the githlands, not giving him water before he started off (even though I had two skins on me).  The dwarf subsequently thirsted to death in the Tuluki ruins.  I then proceeded to mourn him infront of my companions.  I would have made Sergeant before Burr too if I hadn't gotten into some magickal bad assery and gone nuts.  I loved that character. :)

Quote from: Shara on December 28, 2007, 11:56:51 PM
I once broke into an apartment, opened the door, saw two PCs resting on a bed and quickly closed the door behind me and snuck off.

I once lawfully entered an apartment and saw two PCs resting on a bed:
- my character's sergeant, and
- the person my character was psionically chatting with.
I backed out, psi-ing "herm, uh, well, wow, what was that?" type stuff. I don't think they ever knew.

Okay, that's not really a brag.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

I once had a that took me 4 months to get permission to play. I played the mul for 2 days before storing it.

Oh yeah.

I once got 'banned', for playing my 3rd, 4th, and 5th characters in the game simultaneously.  It was changed to suspension, though, which was enforced by the fact I could log into the game, but had my sole remaining character (after meeting a steel sword called 'mortal slayer') moved to an inn that had no exits.  And I still logged in.  I read helpfiles and practiced emoting.  After being put in there by Brazen, I'd randomly have immortals stop in and talk to me, presumably because they were flabberghasted that I was still logged in for several hours a day.  Here is where I met Zagren, the Lord of Dirty Underpants, who I believe is the one who let me out of my suspension three days early as a reward for LEAVING the game and going to play laser tag in the real world.

Here was where I first learned what a hardcore RPI is, and how much different from a hack'n slash mud it is.  Rules exist to keep the role-play intensive.  And I finally understood I'd found a gem, a game that really -was- role-playing.  Not dick-around role-playing like you do with casual tabletop players.  By the way, this was back when I was 15.  I'm now 24.  Sooo...be gentle with your judgements :P
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

January 04, 2008, 12:15:42 PM #297 Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 12:20:24 PM by Desertman
I personally carried the written orders from a certain merchant House in the north to a certain noble House in Allanak that started the Copper War.

I once attained a very powerful magickal item with a ranger of mine, and because he was terrified of magick, I turned it over to the authorities instead of used it.....I often question my judgement there, but it was the right thing to do given my background. I have one karma.

Apparently, IMM's can come down to you in thier Immortal form...Halaster is here floating on a cload...or whatever. I once tried to "Hit Halaster" when I happened to be in a room with him many years ago, he came down because I had already done something in my newbieness that was very twinky. This may very well be why I have one karma...Yes, it was worth it....I will never have that opportunity again.

I once walked on a different plane of existence by myself as a character that was a ranger, no magickal abilities at all.

I have also ended up in a unfinished room with a character who had no magickal abilities.

I took the title Champion of Allanak once from the arena...small time I know, but for someone who plays only mundanes, it was big to me.

I once smuggled a Allanaki noble from Allanak to the north with a half-breed ranger of mine, and I even got her to wear a gith cloak in the process.

I actually fucked up enough to get personally assassinated by the leader of the Guild. Who I might add played me like a fiddle. Every assassin I play strives to be as cunning and smooth as that guy.

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

I once found an underground city that some npc humans were using, they attacked me at the entrance (old auto attack deal) and I killed them, then an imm took over another one and walked in.  I told them it was self defense and they attacked me.  The npc bought it, said something about not liking the two guys anyways, but told me there was one problem still.  I knew of their underground city.

After some smooth talking, I ended up convincing them to pay me about 300 coins to keep it sekret and then agreed to help them spy on Allanak and acquire items they couldn't get for their underground city...  I then hightailed it to Allanak, told a templar a half truth about the underground city, the templar demanded I show him/her where it was, I did, she cast some magick that blocked off the entrance and when I later went back to check it out, found the entrance collapsed with bones protruding from it.

The templar gave me 200 coins or so.  So all in all I made 500 coins by being a horrible person and betraying the trust of however many squatters were in that city.

J-Rod

I used to work with Wulfgar, breaking into Kadian wagons and stealing all their goods.  I stole once steel halfsword using an insider.

I kidnapped a noble from Allanak, killed his personal guards and moved him to Tuluk using a wagon which I could barely pilot, which I stole the day before from Tuluk.

Thrain recruited me on my 2nd character in the Labyrinth.

I broke into Samah's house when halflings were allowed to be played as burglars in the city.

I almost killed 20 guards (not at the same time) after typing by mistake 'kill giant' on the wrong target.

I could break into into any house in any city as I pleased  ;D