Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

I got a contract to kill a vNPC noble

Yeah, Baladan was awesome.  Good times.
some of my posts are serious stuff

'Ritley the Dessert Wanderer'. The best damn tracker ever, he could see chipped stones and tell you how many people passed through an area.

I love Ritley, and brag about it.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on December 13, 2007, 03:13:11 PM
Stood in front of the Sanctuary in Tuluk with a large crowd gathered and accused both the Lirathans and Jihaens of mismanaging the city, was dragged to jail for treason (which caused a riot), and then negotiated a way out of execution.

THANKS A LOT. My PC got knocked out multiple times holding your rioting crowds back, jerkface.

Oh, I guess I can also add 'knocked out by a VNPC,' come to think of it.

With the same PC: guarded an unconscious body until a templar showed up to pick her, his sort-of-partisan, up; forgot to turn guard off before he >order giant subdue girl'd, was saved from death because the HG's weapon shattered on impact, knocking me down to 8hp, and the next grazing fist hit thankfully only took me to 1hp and stun-knockout.

With the same PC: back-to-back with his templar patron, in the bottom of a ravine, encircled by dozens of summoned magical creatures, desperately fighting to survive in a real Hollywood blockbuster action moment. We made it. Those Plainsman RPTs fucking rocked.

I liked Baladan. I really crapped the bed by not having my own contemporous Tenneshi be cool enough to scheme with him : (

"The Grandfather" paid a visit to me to talk me out of killing someone

A weird day it was

Hmm, what else...

I once had a fairly large chunk of raw iron.

I had an Allanaki senator buy my common PC a drink.

I once saw three black-robes in the same place. (Unfortunately, I was still a bit too much of a n00b to understand how huge that was and to act appropriately.  I was just like "wow, three black robes.  Neat!")

One of my Oash commoner PCs used a luxurious, three-story-tall Oash wagon just to impress women.

Quote from: Hot DancerGot a note on my account for running past an aggressive halfling npc on the road.

What was the problem here? Please explain so the rest of us can avoid similar a similar faux pas.

Are we not allowed to dodge or outrun aggressive creatures?
Lunch makes me happy.

Quote from: Salt Merchant on December 14, 2007, 05:38:18 PM
Quote from: Hot DancerGot a note on my account for running past an aggressive halfling npc on the road.

What was the problem here? Please explain so the rest of us can avoid similar a similar faux pas.

Are we not allowed to dodge or outrun aggressive creatures?

You must battle every enemy that stands in your path. It is the way of the samurai.

I have been a part of three raids that were well played out and turned out correctly. I'm spoiled.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: Gimfalisette on December 14, 2007, 02:26:17 PM
I paid for the assassination of an untalented bard.

Jealousy, that's all that was. Just jealousy.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on December 14, 2007, 06:10:35 PM

She did it to make me sad.

Quote from: jstorrie on December 14, 2007, 08:09:59 PM
Quote from: Barzalene on December 14, 2007, 06:10:35 PM

She did it to make me sad.

Two bards, one stone ;)
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

I once mildly hurt Davaz... then he stop using his fists and put a training club in his off hand.

flee;flee;flee;flee;flee

^
|

LMFAO - yes, that was about the extent of any training session with him.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Survived an accidental trip into a wezer dome.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Fathi on December 14, 2007, 10:01:56 PM

Disposed of unwanted onlookers by running through wezer fields.

Heh.  I was there at the beginning of Davaz.  Helped train him, I believe with Kune.  (Pretty sure Kilem was already dead?)

Man.  This was awhile ago.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Yeah, and I was there at the end.  Like I said...

flee;flee;flee;flee.

The worst part is that my warrior, who was fairly well jacked at the time, for the first time in his life FAILED his flee attempts more than once.  To add insult to injury, I am pretty sure Davaz's main weapon was swords, not the training club he almost killed me with his off hand.  I think each one of Davaz's swing was like a maxed out backstab.

I think the scariest moment in my Armageddon career was when I saw Davaz almost get killed by those fucking psycotic quad spear throwing Gith of d00m that used to kill one person each and every time someone wandered into them.  He didn't die, but two spears actually hit and did serious damage.  Of course, he murdered them in a couple of hits, breaking a few swords in the process, but still... it just goes to show how horribly messed up those gith were.

Quote from: Troicha on December 14, 2007, 10:06:33 PM
Quote from: Fathi on December 14, 2007, 10:01:56 PM

Disposed of unwanted onlookers by running through wezer fields.

Hahahahaha that is hilarious

Got positive account note and karma after 3 RL weeks of play.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Armaddict on December 14, 2007, 10:30:21 PM
Heh.  I was there at the beginning of Davaz.  Helped train him, I believe with Kune.

Kune's player became a daddy last month.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

I had a juggernaut of a Krathi. When a hunting competiition came up, he wandered out into the wastes and started frying up salt worms left and right. Everyone's reactions were priceless when he dumped out some giant heads onto the ground into the middle of the tavern. Oh yeah, he did this while being stalked by an otherworldly creature that would've significantly messed up any other character, but just provided to be a slight annoyance to him. With about ten minutes preparation time, he was nearly unstoppable when he'd go on a rampage.

For a while, he was one of the most experienced mages in Allanak. He had been around for a while, survived the Copper War from start to finish, and had all kinds of zany adventures. He became a small-time hero when he fried a 'Rinthi in the middle of a bar. He just wanted to show off and spread his name around, but somehow it became a hooah mage power thing and he just rolled with it. He left town for a while to do some soul-searching, and that was when the Council of Allanaki Mages propped up, with someone he deemed inferior representing Krath. He called them out, nearly shit himself and believed them to not even be from the same plane/dimension, and ended up anti-Council.

I could go on for days about that guy, but the main point of the bragging is that I had the most badass Krathi in the game. Maybe not the most powerful, but definitely the most badass. My only regret was that he got killed before he ever got a chance to use what was probably the Ultimate Doom spell.

Quote from: jcarter on December 15, 2007, 02:30:17 AM
when the Council of Allanaki Mages propped up, with someone he deemed inferior representing Krath. He called them out, nearly shit himself and believed them to not even be from the same plane/dimension, and ended up anti-Council.

I remember your PC's reaction to this and thinking it was some of the best damn RP I'd ever seen from a mage. Bravo.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I helped debug the Tuluk Undercity after it was first reworked.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"