Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

This actually happened pretty recently but as I was the only PC in the room (At least to the best of my knowledge) and not very IC sensitive I think it will be ok to post here.

My character was RPing with a VNPC whom he helps by providing coins, water and other goods. After chatting for some time my character gives this VNPC some coded things through emotes, passing coins to an NPC and junking the goods that he is passing over.

As I was junking the goods I didn't pay enough attention to the keywords and I junked a container, spilling its contents out over the floor. "DAMN" I thought, "I wonder if I can wish up and get a re-imbursement for that."

As quick as lightening my character emotes that in his excitement to pass along the goods he tore open a container, spilling the contents on the floor and hurriedly picking them up while his friend laughed. They joked about it for awhile and though my character was embarassed it really made the scene.

I have played this game on and off (and the off periods have been quite long) since before Karma and Accounts were introduced and this has been one of my favourite events. It all came from RPing with VNPC's, a mistake and some quick thinking on the part of my current character.

Just thought that was funny :)
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Favorite moments:

Watching a demon child be killed and then turn into green goop and proceed to absolutely destroy its killer.

Watching hordes (I mean dozens upon dozens) of gith swarm and slaughter 'offending' PCs.

Having uber defilers track down and kill PCs that upset powerful Houses (oh, the 90s were so much fun).

Seeing a steel sword snap in two on some soft furred critter.

Seeing northern templars casting away.

Watching some PC die and then moments later all sorts of crazed NPCs reacting violently to the ultimate demise of the killer (seems to happen occassionally throughout the years).  Lesson:  Be careful who you kill.

Talking with mantis on the crumbling road via the way.

Talking to mantis in Tuluk.

Talking with halflings and laughing as halflings played "steal the mount"

Meeting uber sorcerers walking around Tuluk's crater.

I remember a time when it was almost as if one in every three characters was a defiler in Tuluk.

Quote from: "Bestatte"A very young half-giant tried to teach my burglar PC how to pick pockets. This big hulking brute managed to steal a basket without my noticing almost every time, and plant it back in my inventory whenever I noticed it was missing. Eventually I got just barely good enough to steal a basket from the sekrit clan boss when he was idling in the sekrit place. Good thing he wasn't paying attention at the time, or he'd have killed me a lot sooner than he did :)

Ahh, yes.  I was that half-giant.  He was the coolest character ever.

He also snuck aboard a gypsy wagon in his time.  They got him out eventually, but not before he ran around in a panic, destroying everything.
Back from a long retirement

>kill Thrain

Hunting for the raiders Vis and Wulf with about 5 other people, then finding them and getting slaughtered.

Getting teleported into the mantis valley by an angry magicker, but having a mantis PC befriend me and lead me out, then dying to a poisoned fruit.

Killing my Guild boss then dying to his trapped belongings.

Meeting Faust, then dying.

Going to Tuluk with my halfling Rukkian because mana regenned faster in the room outside Flint's.

Dyrinis

Banishing Dyrinis's character to the mantis valley.

Trading with the rosy-pink mantis.

Battling haunted dolls and cups of blood in the Kurac wagon.

Convincing some new character to teach Tascha swordplay after we'd met him in the Red Storm Inn.

The Lord of Ash plot in all its chilling, convoluted glory.

Traveling the caverns of waste with an old sand-blasted mul and testing his patience repeatedly while managing to forget my water, lose my mount, and then get lost after flying up to explore.

Finding a baby kank outside Tuluk.

Discovering every possible bug with teleport. And later, ethereal.

Looting chests from the Kohmar storeroom before they changed ethereal.

Rescuing an NPC from the mantis valley.

Assassinating a templar of an opposing city-state.

Defiling a Borsail with filthy grunting mercenary lovin.

Damn.. I miss that character.

I'm still playing my first character.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "Cuusardo"I'm still playing my first character.
You can shut up  :x

I made the trip from Red Storm to Allanak without seeing a single creature and not knowing my way

emote steps over to %templar table, sweeping his arms across the hard agafari wood, and causing numerous mugs to fly off and smash on the ground.

say (spitting as he snarls through his teeth) You represent the highlord?  Bah!  I've seen better men rise from a steaming pile of kank shit.

Emote turns his back to ~templar and steps towards the door.

emote stealthily moves north.

hide

The huge, badass templar gets up and hisses as he grabs his men and walks north.

emote chuckles faintly to himself.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Quote from: "uberjazz"emote stealthily moves north.

*shudder*

Quoteemote stealthily moves north.

hide

That seems to me like abuse of the emote code. I'm pointing this out before anyone thinks "Whoo, it was on the board, it must be okay."

emote slays you in cold blood!
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

I know!  It was a horrible thing to do!  I can't believe I did that....
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Edited by AdGohan as per suggestion. =P

Adoghan, I hate to sound like a rear end, but some of those contained a bit more than I wanted to know.
Please let us innocent newbies think there are no such big meanies as you describe, and if you could remove the recent Luir's bit as well then that'd be just peachy.

Adoghan, I hate to sound like a rear end, but some of those contained a bit more than I wanted to know.
Please let us innocent newbies think there are no such big meanies as you describe, and if you could remove the recent Luir's bit as well then that'd be just peachy.

For the record..I didn't really describe anything. I removed the post because it's not worth arguing, if you don't think there is "meanies" in Zalanthas then you A) Haven't read the history B) Have been in the game for a week.

I'd rather respect someone's opinion than piss someone off though. With that said..posted edited to deletion.

Speaking of abusing the emote code, my first character was a ranger and
late one night was spying on a Krathi (Man, I wish I could remember his
name. Was around the time of Khann, started up a few groups with him, I
think) in Flint's. They were in the room north and I was in the bar drinking
away. This was about the second or third day I was playing this character
and had no idea what was going on.

Anyway, said Krathi comes out of the back room, eyes me suspiciously
and asks me if I had been spying on him. I panic and sit there for a few
seconds before typing out:

emote has reconnected.

He nodded and left me be.

I still don't think I've lived down that shame.

Brix.

HAHAH that's great!
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

I knew someone, who was also abusing the emote command.  He got ragged out for it, too.

He was in the 'rinth, having a 'sparring' match with words with another person.  He was so fed up, that the person was being 'cheap' with their actions, never -ever- starting the fight, just sitting back and calling names.  So..he did.

emote loses link. (or whatever the echo is)

The guy, then, pulled out his weapons, and attacked him, without any emotes.

Then, my friend went, 'OOC Thanks for the Great Roleplay, buddy!' and ran off.

They both are twinks.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Hmm, it looks like this thread has turned from bragging to a hall of shame.  I'm down with that.  :)

The worst, most embarassing thing I did as a newbie was actually one of my few attempts at a thief class.  I quite legitimately (without OOC or previous character knowledge) stumbled onto a secret path into a storeroom.  Inside this storeroom were 3 NPCs and some crates, inside the crates was spice!  Bricks and bricks of spice.  Being a sneaky thief type I stole as much spice as I could carry out of those crates. While I did have the sneak, hide and steal skills, I doubt they would have been high enough that a PC wouldn't have noticed me there, but that wasn't the really twinky part.

The really twinky part was that I then turned around and sold one of the bricks to a nearby NPC, and then had to walk past several other NPCs to get out, because I couldn't leave the way I entered.  Still carrying a lifetime supply of spice for a large family of half-giants, I ran down to Red Storm to sell the rest.  :oops:  Since I had probably stollen the spice from Kurac, running to another Kuraci to sell it was probably a really bad idea.

I was wrong, that wasn't the twinkiest part.  The twinkiest part was that I then went -back- to the storeroom and stole a couple more bricks of spice, no one had noticed the first batch missing yet, I guess. :shock:

The character spent the rest of her life terrified that Kurac would identify her and track her down, so she tried all sorts of things ICly to distance herself from the crime.  But that really doesn't make up for the astonishinly twinky crime.  
Before burning me at the stake, please note: I was a newbie at the time, and would handle things differently now.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quoteand stole a couple more bricks of spice

It comes in bricks!? Time to make a dwarf with a new focus.

I once smartly used my neck to absorb an arrow.  Showed him a thing or two.

I had a warrior who swaggered into a popular noble house. He had exceptional agility. His past history was as a bounty hunter. A real cold bastard. He joins and attends training for the first time.

The noble wanted to see how they fought. Bam, slaughters his first opponent who had at least a few days played on them. Keeps ripping through everyone. Five days played and he was the best warrior of the house, beating sergeants and regulats and second only to the captain who was around for about six or so months. And he was still a recruit. Two members of the house looked up to him and hung on his every word. They studied underneath him and everything. To put it simply, really badass.

Eventually he deserted his house due to his ego. He flees across the Known World. Assassins after him left and right. Some corrupt Militiamen wanted him and everything. A bounty hunter tried to take him out but he just broke down the door of the house, gave him a hard as hell hit on the neck (an old, old warrior character as well) and got the fuck out of there. He found another dead noble house member's uniform and was planning on disguising as a member of that house. Free food, lodgings, and a job in a foreign city. I told the imm and they were just as excited about it and its potential as I was. All I needed was to wait out and find a noble of the house and bullshit them. Fucking awesome, right? He gets his sdesc and desc partially changed. I log in for the first time under this disguise. And then a half-giant militia member subdues and captures me. Didn't even look at my character. Didn't even emote anything. The only thing that was the same about them in their sdesc was their eye color (which didn't stand out). I assume they just tried an ass soandso to check who I was. Well, my guy being as badass as he is, gets free and gets arrested. Sitting in jail, I was pretty pissed off and just said fuck it and retired him. ICly, he died in jail.

Short lived. Maybe six or seven days old and in existance for about a month or two. He was easily one of my favorite characters ever and is the standard I set myself for. Someday I hope to have another character that was as awesome as him and has such a rich history.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Quote from: "Malifaxis"
Which, naturally, led to me stealing his militia pants.

Malifaxis, I was in the tavern when that happened and it was Fing hilarious. I remember thinking "Whoever did that is my hero..."

Anyway Once I was being chased by a much better fighter so i ran into the wagonyard in Tuluk and hid in a wagon. Since i was very low on stamina and health, i decided to take a nap. When I awoke I found myself in the Kuraci Headquarters Compound In Luirs Outpost. Needless to say, the Kuracis didnt not it funny or cool.
oh I'm on fire.

Quote from: "Angela Christine"Hmm, it looks like this thread has turned from bragging to a hall of shame.  

I'll fix that!

I (along with two others) got to name the first T'zai Byn fighting units, and design their patches. Go Sand Raptors!

My character fought in Halasters HRPT and his gate lasted the longest, possibly longer than the city itself, before three units of Half-Giants turned him into jelly.
Quote from: BhagharvaWhat you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.