Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

One of my favs..

When I was playing my one and only Salarri (go fig.), I was in the bazaar near the mount seller.  There happened to be a very expensive mount there (can't remember what kind) and being the good Zalanthan I was, I causually took the reigns and stabled that thing.  And went back to shopping.

A short while later a templar showed up asking about the mount.  I mentioned that I had seen an elf walking away with that species of mount.  The templar seemed to get very upset and asked for a description of the elf.  I gave a very vague general description with made up hair and eye colours.  The templar stormed off.

A short while later, I saw that templar totally bitching out an arresting a PC elf who's description just happened to match the one I had pulled out of my ass.  My character smiled smuggly while I laughed my ass off.
When we found her Marnlee mornin',
Hoofprints walking up her back
There were empties by her war braids
And sixty-five dead carru in a stack.

~ Unknown - Heru Got Runover by a Carru

A few years ago, just before stun went in, there was a period of time when it seemed that everyone was afraid to have a good combat character.  I had one of the best combat characters in Allanak.

I am walking with my noble employer and her NPC guard through the estate when I get a really, really weird message about my character going berserk.  Rage rising or something.  I attack everything in the room automatically.  My noble employer is fleeing and shouting "what the hell?".  I am pounding on, and winning, against an NPC guard with weapons out.  With my bare hands.  I am getting sends outta nowhere about what the hell is going on, and I am explaining either some evil mindbender is out to get me, or I've suddenly been transformed into a mul.  Bugs are fun!

Bug story number two.  Same character as above sees this scripted NPC acting strangely outside the walls of Nak, trying to climb the walls.  He goes in and finds this Krathi Militia guy (yes!) who goes out to investigate.  I go out and find the Krathi dead at the feet of this NPC, so I go to the gate guards and let them know.  Some Imm animates them, and two half giants and I go out to confront the NPC.  The half giants try to kill the NPC...and start getting absolutely thrashed.  I jump in, and we kill the rogue NPC...at which point it dies.  Then it says "There can be only one!" and stands back up at poor health, and attacks us.  So we kill it again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  Until the Imm is able to switch out and purge.  Funny as hell.

Bug story number three.  I am a nice, honest, innocent gith (really!) just after the tent code went in.  I enter a tent in my sekrit camp, which I had done many times before.  Except.  I am in another tent.  With several different people (dwarves, elves and humans, Byn if I remember right) sleeping on the floor.  And one very awake half-giant militia guy.  I leave the tent, having magicakally been transported to right outside the walls of Nak.  I run.  Mostly because the half giant was trying to catch me.  I run fast.  I run typing "Send Bug!" and sending it off as fast as I can.  Dodging a half giant and a couple of scrabs.  I get a response back asking me to clarify.  I send back "Half giant trying to kill me, bug, one minute" and run.  Finally I loose him, but I am out of movement points, in the middle of not so nice territory with big bugs and stuff.  But I explained the bug and got a way back to where I should have been.  Still, it was an adrenaline pumping experience.  And I can just imagine the player of the half giant wondering what kind of insane gith entered that tent.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

I had a non-combatant character who survived Halaster's HRPT. She was the only one who had a light at the gates that held the longest. I must admit it was the most intense and harrowing time I've spent on Arm. Needless to say, I sold quite a few weapons, and witnessed the betrayal and the fighting. My guard and a good friend were turned to hamburger by a unit of half-giants. I was knocked out, but was not killed. Being a member of a merchant House saved my ass...that and some creative storytelling.

Sadly this same character later died while she was on her way back to Luir's. But she was great!
Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz"That is, at least, a step in the right direction, even if it is a step off the Shield Wall."

Let's see, before coming on staff:

Killed a noble, in the Traders and got away with it.... for a while.

In order to get a special item from a dead body, we pulled a corpse out of the sea of silt using a whiran friend's magick only to have a very big, very nasty baddie come along wanting the special item for itself. I managed to blind the baddie (which shouldn't have been possible, most likely, but was a result of the Imm oversight) and run like heck. Eventually the baddie did catch me and wrestled with my PC for a while. My PC ended up with cool little burn marks on each of its arms from being held by the baddie. Oh, and we also managed to keep the special item. Probably one of the coolest events I was involved in. Ever.

Played a part in the death of one of the longest-lived and notorious elf badasses to ever walk the game. Also escaped from the Allanaki jail with the same elf (sort of), which turned out to not be such a good thing.

While playing a human, I lost my kank to an anakore hole a long, long, long way from civilization. Managed to kill the 'kore and walk home through extremely treacherous, bahamet-filled territory.

Deprived a three-eyed elf of its third eye and kept it in a jar for my noble's amusement.

Managed to ruin a party being thrown by a certain noble house and cast shame on their house in the process.

Many of my others involve way too much information about the magickal aspects of the game that are better left undescribed, unfortunately. My longest-lived PC was a 2 RL year old mullish drovian who lived most of its life in isolation but managed to have some very cool experiences.
ack to retirement for the school year.

This one time years ago me and I was a sergeant of the guards for a noble house and had several other guards with me and sitting in the barracks. I see an emerald eyed elf outside and shout and intruder. We all go charging outside weapons unsheathed.
Turns out the elf was Azroen an IMM. He says ooc OOOPs forgot to go IMM invis. (or something like that). I take a look at him and he has a steel sword. He was checking on some bug we had reported.
Luckily none of us attacked hhim or we would have been slaughtered.

Another time with the same char. I go on patrol around the estate and step inside the pavilion to find my superior in the guard getting nekked with another guard. I proceed to run embarassed and they chase me down. Later on the noble in charge makes rules concerning Sexual intimacy between house servants and guards

Amish overlord 8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

Umm....

I played for six months before I saw anyone get killed.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

And this one time.... At Byn Camp......
When we found her Marnlee mornin',
Hoofprints walking up her back
There were empties by her war braids
And sixty-five dead carru in a stack.

~ Unknown - Heru Got Runover by a Carru

There was this sergeant at a noble house that I hated.  I worked under him and he was such an a-hole.  The funny thing is he thought I liked him even though he trashed me all the time.  I was in tight with some others (higher up) but in separate branches of the house.  That bastard sergeant was always saying shit about them to me.  I'd go back and tell them and he'd catch hell for it and start tremendous fights back and forth.  It was great fun to watch them scream at each other all the time. I'd just sit back and watch the action, the sergeant never knew I was the rat.
harlie Bucket: Mr. Wonka, they won't really be burned in the furnace, will they?
Willy Wonka: Well, I think that furnace is only lit every other day, so they have a good sporting chance, haven't they?

Coolest moment:

Had a PC magicker who met Tektolnes....at least...I think it was Tek.
He sure was pissed off at my fella for something.   :twisted:

Same PC had his mind wiped clean as a Tolkien elf's ass.  That's harsh.  heh.

Twinkin'est moment:

Had a mul who would throw spears at this guard in Old Tuluk a long, long time ago.  The guard wore a steel mail hauberk.  My PC would pin-cushion the dude, then charge in and finish him...then sell these hauberks for phat kash.  After every reboot or crash...my mul was on his way to KIATIS.

Most IC embarassing moment:

Climbed aboard a wagon in the desert with my mul raider PC:
A Kadian woman and a fat Templar within the wagon.
Kermit the mul (my PC...Kermit was a keyword the imms added because of my mul's skin color *grin*):
(after subduing the fat Templar)  "Awwright!  Nobody move, or I send the demons another play thing!"

Kadian woman:  
"Oh, please don't harm my Templar!"

Someone (unseen):  
"Let him go.  NOW!!"

Kermit the mul's player:
(they didnt' have think back then) "Oh, fuck!"

Kermit the mul:
(his eyes wide with the terror of magick) I'm takin' this fatass to the boarding ramp...just to be sure I get off this rig alive!"

At the boarding ramp, another raider, upon seeing Kermit dragging this templar behind him, gets the brilliant idea to slaughter the fat bastard.
Invisible stranger put all raiders to sleep.  We wake up naked in the desert...raider who killed the fat Templar missing....never seen again...but heard from via the way....briefly.   :twisted:

Other raiders make it back to base with nothing but a loincloth and a longknife or two to get them there through mantis infested lands.
THAT...was COOL!  :D
-Naatok the Naughty Monkey

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.

I once had a pc that lost it after her mate died, to what she thought was her mistake, and she decided to punish herself by going to the place she hated the most, Allanak. She joined the organization she hated the most,  to learn how to kill tembo to follow up on her crazed idea to wipe out the tembo for killing her mate.

Then a templar from the North found her mind and said it was time to prove her love and loyalty to the North. Of course, being a loyal northerner, she agreed and assisted in blowing up a building owned by a noble House after slaughtering NPCS/VPCS so barrels of explosives could be dragged in. Luckily there was a sandstorm going on and it was night time so she was able to flee the scene. Quickly shedding the duster she had used for cover, she tugged on her organization's cloak to run back to the barracks. Getting inside just in time to flop on a pallet before the Sarge came in to call for all to assemble to help the militia search the city for those foul northern rebels!

After assembling, she realized she was still wearing an item that all of them had been wearing so she claimed a need to use the outhouse and proceeded to go in there, force a squat and used the item to clean up with before tossing it in with the debris. I am told that some IMMs were cracking up watching me rp that. The creme de la creme was patroling afterwards with my organization and a templar coming to the group and warning that us with 'northern' accents should return to our barracks to be safe.

*cackles*

I had alot of fun with all of that. :)
 staff member sends:
    "The mind you are trying to reach is disconnected or no longer in service.
If you feel you have reached this recording in error... trust us. We know. = message A-16"

Heh, All I can say is, you did play it well, I remember that whole deal.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

-I've probably interrogated half of the players that played this game a couple years ago with a certain templar I played. Executed the rest.

-I used to play an elven assassin that saw a templar too far up Hathors. In a fit of rage I attacked him and his giants. Managing to route them. I chased them all the way to Meleths before I had finally knocked the bastard unconcious. Seconds later as I was screaming out in victory his giants knocked me unconcious. The end.

-I used to work for Lord Boopsie.

-I played video poker with Sanvean in Las Vegas and it was more than you can imagine it would be.

-Managed to piss off a couple nobles in Allanak, taunt them, watch them fumble after me, get away, came back with a templar that told them to leave me alone. Whee.

-Part of a PC gladiator team that became champions of Allanak, way back in the day. First time I ever saw arena code used.

Quote from: "naatok"Twinkin'est moment:

Had a mul who would throw spears at this guard in Old Tuluk a long, long time ago.  The guard wore a steel mail hauberk.  My PC would pin-cushion the dude, then charge in and finish him...then sell these hauberks for phat kash.  After every reboot or crash...my mul was on his way to KIATIS.

No way.  Do you remember helping another guy out, showing him how to take the guard out and giving him the hauberk because you didn't need it?

I once had a mul.  He had a steel helm, a steel mail hauberk, and two steel bastard swords.  He roamed the world with several taggersalong and destroyed everything in sight.  This was time of the Clear Waters - I remember going there with him for water.

Then one day the imms decide to phase out metal and my first steel bastard sword shatters on the back of a gith, the second is automagically turned into bone.  I was sad.  I don't remember how he died.
ife, like a dome of many-coloured glass,
Stains the white radiance of eternity.
 --Percy Bysshe Shelley

Long ago, I played one of if not the first mul slave pc.  He followed this merchant around everywhere, and I mean everywhere as a guard.  One time we found this hidden secret city with all this super-cool stuff but all the shops were obviously disabled.  The stable area disabling apparently didn't work cause we bought these beasts that you could almost ride from one end to the mud to the other (not joking or exaggerating).  We went about selling them for 5000 coins each since that was what our whole purpose in exploring these areas.  Unfortunately, when we went back for more beasts, the beasts had been nerfed, and we had sold the good ones.  He was one tough mul.  One time, inspired by tales of the mounts, he lead a large mercenary group to go attack a mysterious npc area.  Apparently the immortals didn't want that story development so they sent literally more than thirty gith at us over a period of five minutes or so.  We were so practiced in rescueing each other from combat that we slayed them all.  We took the hint and went home though.  He ended up dieing when we attacked another mysterious npc area.  He got backstabbed by a hidden npc as he attacked another two npcs.  He ordered a retreat allowing everyone to escape unharmed but him.  The plan was always if they can touch the mul then some immortal is working against us so we run.  I still resent a little bit that immortals wouldn't let the story develop through character actions instead of theirs.  Destroying entire npc cities for profit by a large group of mercenaries wouldn't have been too bad of a story line.
Rick

It was my character who started the whole hammer-wielding crazy back in 2001.   He used hammers, and taught all his minions to use them too.  Started a whole training program with special moves and forms for them to practice.  It started to become a fad as new warriors began to copy us.  

Pretty soon half of the warriors in the game were using hammers as their weapon because veryone thought they must be overpowered somehow.  Bit of a flame war on the old GDB about it.  Went on for several months until most of those characters passed on.  Now everyone's back to using swords again.

Of course the only reason I ever used hammers in the first place is that my char's morning star was stolen and hammers were the only one-handed blugeoning weapons sold in the south at the time.
Ah, the mysteries of the universe.  Try to understand them, but can you?  Nope! They're mysteries!

Two of my worst moments:

I tried to transfer an NPC I was working on with a very ambiguous keyword, and ended up transferring a PC with that same keyword.  She had her ldesc set to show that she was sitting next to someone.  While she emoted blinking, I found the guy with that sdesc and put her back.  I was a very new immortal then.

I also was trying to send to another staff member about a PC and sent it to the PC instead.

In terms of good behavior, I one time shocked a PC so much that he did this...
> You think, "..........."
Vendyra

Burgular man has done what every burgular dreams to accomplish and more heh:)

I learned to astonish folks with roleplay, and I learned how to use the world around me appropriately. I learned how to make my character starkly realistic, and how to back down from a fight I knew would'nt hurt me IRL. I learned...to play.

To you, that may not be something to brag about, but for me, it is the reason I love this game so much. I like playing characters with elite power and so forth, characters whom others fear, and I have done that, but the thrill to me, the right to even have bragging rights, for me, was when I truely learned to roleplay.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I was once beaten unconscious by a VNPC!

I pulled the Vendyra mis-transfer, but only a few days ago. Pulled a noble half way across the known world. I shat myself. So much for using nicknames.

I killed a well known northern noble with a teensy tiny dart and didn't even mean to. I then promptly said "Oh shit" out loud where pc's could hear it.

Not my best day.

Mekeda

I have a log of Mekeda killing that noble with one hit!  It shocked everyone in the room, I think someone OOCed that they had to go because they were laughing so hard.
Vendyra

*grin*  I used to have a copy of that log, and can verify that indeed a few of us had to take a keyboard break to stop laughing.  It was a riot.

As for my twinkiest moments?

Heh.  Way back when... I was that mantis that went around helping people and trying to talk and be friendly.  I was the mantis that gave someone a waterskin outside the gates of Allanak... instead of eating them.

Sparring for days in the backroom of a 'rinth bar, before the legendary Khann came and broke me out of that.

And we won't even touch on the embarrassing moments... too many to count.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

My first character, and my first "What the heck did I just do?" moment...

kick mul

Heh, enough said. Oops.
Surrender!"
"You mean you wish to surrender to me? Very well, I accept."