New Command: Mark

Started by LindseyBalboa, July 01, 2022, 09:50:59 AM

Nerfing stealth won't work. Sorry. If I'm half hidden, I'm visible. However, I've seen this suggestion here and on Discord a bunch, so:

Command: Mark
Syntax: Mark (target) (person1) (person2) emote () emote []
with no second target, it defaults to the room

Usage: when you see someone that is hidden because of your hide skill, you can "mark" them to the room or other people, making them visible. it's an action that is visible to the room. there is a short delay for the user (5-8 seconds? spitballing) so the exposed individual can choose to run when they're noticed instead of being attacked, as they have just taken an aggressive action by choosing to reveal them, instead.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

Quote from: LindseyBalboa on July 01, 2022, 09:50:59 AM
Nerfing stealth won't work. Sorry. If I'm half hidden, I'm visible. However, I've seen this suggestion here and on Discord a bunch, so:

Command: Mark
Syntax: Mark (target) (person1) (person2) emote () emote []
with no second target, it defaults to the room

Usage: when you see someone that is hidden because of your hide skill, you can "mark" them to the room or other people, making them visible. it's an action that is visible to the room. there is a short delay for the user (5-8 seconds? spitballing) so the exposed individual can choose to run when they're noticed instead of being attacked, as they have just taken an aggressive action by choosing to reveal them, instead.

Not bad. I was floating a "reveal" command that does similar. I like your idea, of giving the thief a handful of second to respond to the threat. (i'de say make it more like 15-20 seconds. Some people are slow because english isn't their first language, ect)
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Based on Scan, not hide, but agreed there should be something that can potentially reveal someone in room.

I would say it should have a pre-delay and an emote attached to it, to give the one hiding a chance to escape rather than "LOOK AT THAT SHADOW ITS ACTUALLY RIEV" its more "Let me move some stuff around and you'll see, Riev is standing back here".
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

If the intent of the action is simply to make someone who currently "hidden" and to make them visible to the room, I think it shouldn't be a skill, but an action that is available to anyone, as long as the person doing the action can see the target.

I think it might be as easy as "reveal" or "touch" or "grab" or "shake" or "pull" or "point".

And all it does it make them lose hide.   That would be the easiest way to implement the intent of turning a hidden person visible.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

>point shadow
You begin pointing out a tall strange shadow to others. (3-5 sec delay)

(as the shadow)
The tall, muscular man begins pointing you out to others.
>think Shit!
>s

If they don't move out of the room, they're revealed to all others until they re-hide. This would also be great for PvE.

Could you imagine this scene that could exist today:

The bar that everybody knows your name [N, S]
   This bar is full of great friends and loud cheering.  There is live music
played by a local punk-rock band, and surprisingly they sound quite good!  The
open space of this tavern raises to open rafters and the thatched roof above.
All sorts of different races are here in relaxation and enjoyment: the stout
dwarves seated at small tables near the entrance, some humans both rich and poor
in status in separate groups, a half-giant standing at the bar - blocking the
staff from distributing the drinks, and a tribe of elves lounging their lengthly
limbs on couches at the far back.
   There is a curtain that leads to the back of the bar and storage room to the
south, beyond a long baobab wood bar that contains a mixture of glass and clay
bottles with brand engravings on each one.
A couple dwarves loudly gossip at small tables near the front of the tavern.
A group of elves lounge on couches here, their limbs interferring with patrons who pass by.
An entourage surrounds the tall, red-haired noble at an intimate table here.
*a strange shadow*
The tall, muscular man is sitting at the long, baobab bar at the back of the room.
The small, blue-eyed boy is sitting at the long, baobab bar at the back of the room.

>look shadow
You do not see that here.

>look shadow
   This shadowy figure is mysterious and shadowy, with black hair and blue skin
and a scar across both eyes and nose and mouth.  They have two teeth.

They are wearing:
<around body>       A dark, hooded cloak
<primary hand>      A poisoned knife
<on feet>           A pair of footpads

>watch shadow

>watch shadow

>watch shadow

>watch shadow
You now watch a strange shadow.

>point shadow
You point at a strange shadow

The tall, muscular man stands up from the long, baobab bar at the back of the room.

The small, blue-eyed boy stands up from the long, baobab bar at the back of the room.

The tall, muscular man scans the room.

The small, blue-eyed boy scans the room.

The tall, muscular man says, in Sirihish:
   "I can't see them!"

>tell muscular.man.amos (while pointing at ~shadow) They are right there.  I am pointing at them!
While pointing at a strange shadow, you say to the tall, muscular man, in Sirihish:
   "They are right there.  I am pointing at them!"

>point shadow
You point at a strange shadow.

>point shadow
You point at a strange shadow.

>wink shadow
You wink suggestively at a strange shadow.

>nod shadow
You nod towards a strange shadow.

>k shadow
You kiss a strange shadow.

**A strange shadow thinks:  "They can't see me, I am untargetable."**
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one