GDB

Started by chang, November 18, 2003, 05:37:31 PM

What is your favorite section of the GDB?

Staff Announcements
15 (24.2%)
General Discussion
10 (16.1%)
World Discussion
3 (4.8%)
Roleplaying Discussion
9 (14.5%)
World Discussion
1 (1.6%)
Ask the Staff
5 (8.1%)
Ask the Players
3 (4.8%)
Player Announcements
3 (4.8%)
Idle OOC Chatter
1 (1.6%)
Other
12 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: November 18, 2003, 05:37:31 PM

hang is actually...

Wow I wasn' sur' which World Discussion to gota so I jus' went between.
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

Staff announcements, because they usually excite me to no end.

I guess over all, I just look forward to reading new posts on whatever clan board I may be partaking of.
<Blank> says, out of character:
     "OW!  Afk a moment, my chair just...broke, beneath me."

Sorry for the bork in the poll  :(

But my favs are Staff Announcements (for the same reason)
and specific clan boards (I wanted to put those on, but I couldn't have that many options.
hang is actually...

Quote from: "chang"Sorry for the bork in the poll  :(

(I wanted to put those on, but I couldn't have that many options.

You coulda' J/K?
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

Is the second World discussion supposed to be Code Discussion?  Cause that's what I would have voted for.  Instead, I went with Other.

I put Player Announcements, but thats acutally the board I like the IDEA of most...it is rarely posted on enough if you ask me...or else it WOULD be the greatest...so I voted for it anyway!!

"He's a madman, a MADMAN" - Bender(Futurama)
he meek shall inherit the earth, until then, slap 'em down!

I think it is pretty clear the issue is not threads that turn from talking about servant RP to noble RP.  I think the issue was clearly stated as threads talking about servant RP changing to talking about sex jokes.  I don't think anyone has a problem with serious discussions shifting focus.

I do not think that lowering the number of boards will reduce the problem.  If anything, I think it will make it worse.  The RP discussion form for instance tends to be pretty clear of random silly crap.  That thread on reflexive magic is seven pages long and is filled with absolutely nothing but debate.  I would really hate to see the board get condensed.  It would just make it harder to slog through the posts I find meaningless  I find it extremely doubtful that if the boards numbers are reduced people are going to post less mindless crap.  I think it will just make mindless crap more likely to drowned out good discussion that would otherwise never sink to the bottom.

Honestly, I think the best thing that players themselves could do is simply just stop and think before they post something.  Consider if adding your comment to the mess is going to add anything to the discussion.  http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5737 is an example of a thread where this happens.  A few people are chatting about emoting, then one person starts talking about shemales, and a bunch of other stupid/silly posts follow.  The thread could have died a nice death, instead it just added spam before it finally died.

Wrong thread, Rindan :wink:

And on the topic:
I don't really have a favourite. I hit 'view new posts' and value the individual threads rather than the forums their posted in, save for the OOC forum which posts I do my very best to hate.

I tend to post into a thread with whatever I've been reading in that thread. Sometimes I don't even pay attention to what section it's in, I just respond to the thread. SHRUG.

I don't have a favorite section really. I just click view new posts read and respond as I see appropriate.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

I like Ask the Staff.  Because they know the most about the game.  If you want to hear old stories of stuff, just ask them.  And most of them are cool.  *Shakes fist in direction of Halaster*
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "creeper386"I tend to post into a thread with whatever I've been reading in that thread.

I didn't know you actually realized this.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Quote from: "crymerci"
Quote from: "creeper386"I tend to post into a thread with whatever I've been reading in that thread.

I didn't know you actually realized this.

Reword that as I post into a thread with my reply to whatever I've been reading in the thread. Don't read it as I repost whatever I read. If I did do that most people wouldn't violently disagree with me.
21sters Unite!

I vote Kurac. :twisted:
Keepin' it dusty,
                     Mr.B

EvilRoeSlade: "There's something seriously wrong when I say aide and everyone hears whore."

I put other, because I'd have to say that my favorite is the clan boards as well, although I do enjoy reading all the other divisions. Other than the clan boards, it is probably general discussion, since that is where most of the lively banter occurs. 8)
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---
Inara: "Thank you for the wine. It's very... fresh."

Mal: "To Kaylee, and her inter-engine fermentation system."