Brew and Poisoning need to work together.

Started by Pariah, September 18, 2021, 03:53:14 PM

So as a guy who oocly knows almost every cure in the new system from various characters but struggles to find ic ways to learn the recipes I was just thinking about it.

Why doesn't poison have a way to link it to its cure via assess or analyze for folks with the skill?

Because let's say that the cure for blood burn is the colors red and green (they aren't the system goes by taste currently)

What if you found a blood burn poison and could assess it and it gave a line like:

This poison seems to be treated by red and green.

But that message only pops for folks with brew and poison as a benefit of their knowledge in both?

The alternative is to just find a bunch of cures of different flavors and poison yourself and start swallowing rando pills (I've done this too and nearly died) but seems extreme.

Lemme know what you think.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Let me know if I get it correct.

Example:
Amos has:
Poisoning Skill - Advanced
Brew Skill - Advanced

Amos uses the assess command on a poison object / poison cure.

>assess -v gland
This gland has a yellow tint
This may be cured by bland, cold, and hot.

Like that?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on September 18, 2021, 04:26:15 PM
Let me know if I get it correct.

Example:
Amos has:
Poisoning Skill - Advanced
Brew Skill - Advanced

Amos uses the assess command on a poison object / poison cure.

>assess -v gland
This gland has a yellow tint
This may be cured by bland, cold, and hot.

Like that?

Yes, I'm not at home now to log in and try that.  Tell me that this isn't already a coded thing?

I'll slap myself if I just missed to assess -v it lol
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

No, the game currently does not tell you what combination of herbs to use to cure a specific poison.

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Offshoot question:
QuoteHelp Cure

Cure                                                          (Miscellaneous)

Cures in Zalanthas come in many forms.  The most prevalent are mashes,
tablets, and vials.  Each has their own properties.

Mashes are made by combining herbs, which can then be consumed immediately.

Tablets can be crafted directly from a mash with the same curative
properties and then eaten later.

Vials can be crafted from a mash when combined with an empty vial.  The
advantage of vials is that they can be poured into the mouth of an
unconscious character, onto food, or into drinks.

Does that mean I could technically create a vial of bloodburn, then pour vial jerky and have created bloodburn curing jerky?

Quote from: Pariah on September 18, 2021, 06:37:20 PM
Offshoot question:
QuoteHelp Cure

Does that mean I could technically create a vial of bloodburn, then pour vial jerky and have created bloodburn curing jerky?

It would be bloodburn causing jerky, since you created a vial of poison.

Quote from: mansa on September 18, 2021, 07:02:08 PM
Quote from: Pariah on September 18, 2021, 06:37:20 PM
Offshoot question:
QuoteHelp Cure

It would be bloodburn causing jerky, since you created a vial of poison.
No you can make a mash of red and green (so I don't give the real recipe away) then buy a vial and do craft mash vial and make a vial CURE.  So if I poured that cure onto Jerky, wouldn't it be bloodburn curing jerky?

If mastery is high enough I would also like players to see how the poison can be created with brew too.

Even playing a role where staff like you enough to find way to feed information to you ICly about OOC coded mechanics feels like its borderline favoritism, and rather unfair.

I would much rather players be able to learn recipes ICly thanks to the skills they have invested in. 

Quote from: Dresan on September 18, 2021, 07:37:44 PM
If mastery is high enough I would also like players to see how the poison can be created with brew too.

Even playing a role where staff like you enough to find way to feed information to you ICly about OOC coded mechanics feels like its borderline favoritism, and rather unfair.

I would much rather players be able to learn recipes ICly thanks to the skills they have invested in.

I'm not saying they are showing favoritism or anything, but there needs to be a way ICly to find this info without resorting to a list you made years ago (Not that I have that list, don't look at my desktop!)

I think this is just a continuation of the crafting system.

Personally I'd much more okay with this being a little more obscure. Though the common stuff should be able to be figured out some way.

Like, if we get a system to allow people to easiely learn cures or poisons while the rest of the crafting system continues to be hard to navigate. Ick.
21sters Unite!

September 18, 2021, 09:09:28 PM #10 Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 09:13:51 PM by Dresan
Quote from: Pariah on September 18, 2021, 07:40:55 PM
there needs to be a way ICly to find this info without resorting to a list you made years ago (Not that I have that list, don't look at my desktop!)

I agree. It also helps that the only classes that get master brew is light merchantile or merchantile classes. Which could also be low master/ and max too.

So giving master brew a chance to learn the recipies by looking at poisons and such seems pretty fair for these type of classes.  No poison skill needed imo.