Make up an interesting lie

Started by Lotion, April 09, 2021, 08:36:43 AM

With the documented successes of A Tale in the Desert's exile vote, there will now be a quarterly vote in the Arm playerbase.   Kudos and complaints will be summed to tally this popular vote. 

The player with the most kudos will have a +1 special app at 3 karma on their account, provided it is used within 90 days. 

The 3 players with the most complaints shall have their karma set to 0 with no regeneration for 90 days.  Their accounts will then regen to their previous total.
Its the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fiiiiiine.

Staff can't codedly watch you, so their avatars are all Psionic classed. If you don't want them to watch your mudsex, just barrier your mind.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

tembo and anakore share an evolutionary ancestor

March 14, 2022, 05:29:31 PM #128 Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 06:01:00 PM by Halcyon
Halaster is getting ready to roll out a second, surviving halfling villlage.   Perched on the edge of the silt sea, they will emerge as cannibalistic pirate raiders.  They shield among them they only surviving kenku, dramatically plumaged beings who serve as captains of their larger vessels.

It is rumored their village is built around a sloped arena, where captives fight to stay on ledges and dangled ropes.  Those unfortunates who fall tumble into a open roc nest with hungry hatchlings waiting, razor beaks open.

The kryl are finally ready to unleash what they did to the halflings.   

Emerging from the grey forest are little kryl/shik grubs.   They wear the flensed, salt preserved skin of halflings, for some odd reason calling them "Edgar" suits.  They are adorned with tiny rows of thornlike spikes, with can be fired and bear peraine.  They possess the mosquito talents of a shik turned to vampiric purpose, transferring the vitality of paralyzed victims with their bite.

The resulting market in perained blowdarts has already exploded into activity.   Cruel double entendre jokes abound about the city elves who have gone seeking these poisons, saying that finally the north has a use for bloodsuckers. 

The few survivors of initial battles with these grubs tell that a lone halfling ghost stalks these battlefields, mounted on an similarly spectral cheotan lizard.  This specter annihilates insect and northerners alike, hurling steam blasts, poisoned walls of thorn, and worse.

A lone robed figure has been terrorizing the lesser traveled sections of the Known.  Utilizing death magick, this mysterious being is summoning images of past disasters.   Unfortunately, a spectral huge wall of water killed hunters in the Grey Forest, seemingly drowned despite dry clothes and lips.   A hurtling spray of ghostly lava from the southern scoria caught a passing Two Moons elf on fire, burning him with phantasmal flames nothing at hand would put out.

Lotion is a Turing-complete AI running from a military installation in Russia.   Its mission was to understand the youth of America, but then it got addicted to this strange game played by anyone but the young.

Quote from: Halcyon on March 16, 2022, 03:28:36 PM
Lotion is a Turing-complete AI running from a military installation in Russia.   Its mission was to understand the youth of America, but then it got addicted to this strange game played by anyone but the young.

Owche my truth...
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Tek and Muk were originally lovers, until they fell for the same Tan Maurki woman. That's why the tribe started roaming. To get away from two clingy omnipotent men.

There is an Imm only baby dart in the game. This used to be how they made characters pregnant.

Due to a cultural mishap Echri's tree of life became named after a Jihean Templar.

April 08, 2022, 12:53:00 PM #136 Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 12:55:54 PM by Fredd
Deleted. for reasons

Salarr employees are being found tortured and dying, or simply torn apart, all over the South.   The few left alive speak of a malevolent darkness who questioned them about a newfound iron mine on the far side of the silt sea.

All of the hands, eyes and tongues cut away by the Southern Templarate are discarded and forgotten.  Whether slithered or stitched, the carved have found each other in the sewers, conglomerating into gibbering, violent misshapen masses, hungry for an outlet for their rage.

Of course, no such obscenity is occurring in the northlands.

One of the Arm staff is running for political office.  All advertisement is on hold and all programmer time is being spent on log scrubbing and access hardening.   

Thx,
The MGMT

The Staff member in charge of advertising and Social media presence is Lord Voldermort. That's why they wont talk about him.

Kryl are from the plane of Nilaz which is why they require host bodies to reproduce

The changes on sorc policy are due to a recent (within the past year and a half) super secret rolecall of sorcerers who were loyal to the Kuraci Archivists who actually had concrete goals. Staff compared them to generic indie specapp sorcs and decided having sorcs with obvious and real goals was a lot better and they want to figure out how to replicate the apparent success of the Archivist Sorcerer Rolecall.

Halaster is actually also Haldol, just Haldol is a nicer personality construct.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

The 'Muk' part of Muk Utep is short for Bamuk. It was what His mother called him as a child, by way of a pet name.
'One fire drives out one fire,
One nail, one nail.
Rights by rights falter,
Strengths by strengths do fail.'

-Tullus Aufidius, Coriolanus by William Shakespeare

With recent events, Steinal has popped back up on the map.

Little known fact ... but you can etwo a grilled rack of ribs.

There are so many dick items in the game that they can't be accessed outside of a special room for staff, or they would spam every search. This room is called the "Cock Cave."

Quote from: Fredd on May 14, 2022, 07:23:28 PM
There are so many dick items in the game that they can't be accessed outside of a special room for staff, or they would spam every search. This room is called the "Cock Cave."

Incorrect. It is known as the Den of Defilement.

There was a movement among some staff to call it the Cove of Cock for a while, but the Irish contingent revolted.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: Tisiphone on May 14, 2022, 10:42:43 PM
Quote from: Fredd on May 14, 2022, 07:23:28 PM

Incorrect. It is known as the Den of Defilement.

There was a movement among some staff to call it the Cove of Cock for a while, but the Irish contingent revolted.

Please don't share IC info in the forums
The man puts his tongued, grotesque, translucent groin rig on over his eyes.