Contact

Started by Silent Bob, October 30, 2003, 10:58:06 PM

Does getting the message you can't reach there mind tell you that they exist?  I was told to reach someone and I have been trying and asking and posting for them in the game bit dont hear from them.  Is there a way to knwo if they still play or exist? I know they did exist because people recognize the name, but I never geta  response to a contact.  Is there a way to tell if its misspelled or that they still play?

No, there's no way to know if they're online or not, or alive or not.  But it can be hard to use the Way when your character first starts using it, so persevere and maybe you'll succeed.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Not that I know of.

It used to be that you got 'You've never heard of that person' or an echo similar to that when the character wasn't logged on.  Now you just get the tantilizing 'You can't reach their mind' echo.  It can be frustrating when you're not good with the way, because you never really know if they're on or not.

Cheers

And now, since the new bug fix, no one is good with the way - so finding someone without going ko is a miracle.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

You can tell.  It just takes work.  It's a skill, remember.  One it gets high, with time, you can easily tell, by using it twice, if someone is online or not.  Even with average wisdom.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

QuoteOne it gets high

You said it.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.