Put all bag!

Started by Forest Junkie, October 29, 2003, 12:34:03 AM

Has anyone had the same gripe I've been having?

Example:

>get all quiver
You get an arrow from a quiver.

NOW, here comes the gripe...

>put arrow quiver
You put an arrow in a quiver
>put arrow quiver
You put an arrow in a quiver

And so on, and so on, and so on!

Now, is it just me, or do we not BADLY need to have it possible to put ALL items from your current inventory into a specific place such as a pack or quiver?

Yeah that's a bitch, but I deal with it.

I'm thinking a command along the lines of:

put [5] arrows quiver

This would give you:

You put a bunch of arrows inside the quiver.

And others would see:

He puts a bunch of arrows inside his quiver.

Possible, even?  Thoughts?
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

It would be nice, certianly.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

uberjazz is my god.
ife, like a dome of many-coloured glass,
Stains the white radiance of eternity.
 --Percy Bysshe Shelley

Aahh...a disciple!
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Cripes, I just realized...you can use "!" to repeat the previous action...bleh.

It'd REALLY cut down on spam. Even if it was just grouping like items together.

Although I'd prefer a 'put all...' like 'put all bag' 'put all.arrow quiver' and such. Even include 'put 5 arrow quiver'

Creeper
21sters Unite!

With the HRPT in mind...

n
l corpse
get all corpse
put all bag
get all 2.corpse
put all bag
l e
n

... I like it!

Quirk

(note: any signs of sarcasm in this post should of course be ignored. I'd never be sarcastic about a topic as serious as looting).
I am God's advocate with the Devil; he, however, is the Spirit of Gravity. How could I be enemy to divine dancing?

I think quirk makes the best argument against a put all command.  Few things are more annoying then watching someone loot everything off a corpse and have it stuffed in a backpack in five seconds flat.  I would really rather not see it be made easier.  At least make the bastards have to type a little.

Quote from: "Rindan"I think quirk makes the best argument against a put all command.  Few things are more annoying then watching someone loot everything off a corpse and have it stuffed in a backpack in five seconds flat.  I would really rather not see it be made easier.  At least make the bastards have to type a little.

Yeah... carpal tunnel syndrome to all the looters!  :twisted:

I do like the idea of being able to put multiples of a single object in, though. We can already do it with coins, after all.  :)

Yes, just because it might be abused by a few is a good reason to fuck everyone else up the ass. Good point.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

I would like that idea.. except.. I don't like.. 'Get all' Anyway... even though I'm guilty of using it..
Because let's face it.. you can't completely strip a corpse in less than a couple minutes(unless you just take their weapons).. I do like the put [5] arrows quiver though.. except on larger items like breastplates. Even boots.. Because you can't put them into something like they were pieces of paper.. and they'd be kinda heavy to hold in one hand while hold your open pack in the other..

Just my daggers worth.
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

I like the idea of being able to put all of one item away at once.  This is good for things like arrows, feathers, etc., yet would still prevent the "get all corpse;put all bag" dilemma.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Quote from: "Forest Junkie"Cripes, I just realized...you can use "!" to repeat the previous action...bleh.

Ah yes, the old "!" command.  I realized this too after playing for quite some time.  I quickly got over that "Duh" feeling and began to enjoy it's use.  :)
harlie Bucket: Mr. Wonka, they won't really be burned in the furnace, will they?
Willy Wonka: Well, I think that furnace is only lit every other day, so they have a good sporting chance, haven't they?

I use a client with the ability to arrow up to the last text in the buffer and I hit enter.

2 keystrokes instead of 3 (Shift + 1 + Enter).  Beat that!

Quote from: "CRW"I use a client with the ability to arrow up to the last text in the buffer and I hit enter.

2 keystrokes instead of 3 (Shift + 1 + Enter).  Beat that!

Beat it? OK. My current client configuration remembers my last command IN THE COMMAND LINE until I type another keystroke. So if I want to do it again, it's ONE keystroke - Enter. So I can be lazier than nearly anyone! :wink:

The downside? Occasional accidental double-hits when you twitch and hit enter twice.

Oh yeah, zmud does that.  Crap.

Well, I registered zmud but never can bring myself to use it.  tinyfugue pwns j00 all.

Quote from: "Quirk"With the HRPT in mind...

n
l corpse
get all corpse
put all bag
get all 2.corpse
put all bag
l e
n

How about putting lag into putting items into something then you could add all the lag up and make the basterd SUFFER!, and maby from getting stuff too.....hang on I guess that would be too hard to code wouldent it?, oh well flag it...but ha! I should of deleted this instead of sending it shouldent I?, but instead I sent it and I dont know why im telling you this or why I didnt just delete it and get on with my life and complain about something else! :twisted:.
 have wandered the dunes for days to come here and now you tell me you dont have a steel katana?

another game has container breakage. If you overstuff a container, it busts apart, sending everything inside it sprawling.

You also get a warning when you're near max capacity - some kind of echo like..

The red leather pack bulges and strains as you put the pebble inside it.

or something like that.

So yeah it'll take that pebble, but one more thing and it's gonna bust.

Keeps people from spam-stuffing stuff into their packs, because if you spam one too many things, there's gonna be a posse of elves coming in to vulture your shit.

Know what sucks?

The last HRPT I was in.

>n
>look in corpse
>look in 2.corpse
>take ring 2.corpse
>emote turns ~ring around in his hand, looking it over

Templar says, "Nobody touch any body!"
Templar says, "Next person to touch a body dies!"

>emote glances from ~ring to ~templar, then walks over to !templar
>give ring templar

Unit of soldiers attack you, killing you.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one