Has the 'Way' had a bit of changes to it?

Started by mansa, October 19, 2003, 08:46:49 PM

It seems, since saturday, that it's a lot harder to get that first 'contact' with people, now.  Perhaps it's just a random thing...or, perhaps, there was a change to the code.  I used to get people with my first contact, all the time, and now, it's on my 4th or 5th time trying.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

QuoteIt seems, since saturday, that it's a lot harder to get that first 'contact' with people, now. Perhaps it's just a random thing...or, perhaps, there was a change to the code. I used to get people with my first contact, all the time, and now, it's on my 4th or 5th time trying.

I noticed the same thing, too. I thought it was just bad luck, or maybe my skill reset itself.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

It had some changes; I'm not sure why nothing was added to the weekly update about it. Here's the explanation from the coder:

QuoteThe code fix addresses an overbonusing issue
which caused everyone to have what amounted to double their actual skill
proficiency.  The fix now makes the psionic skillcheck consistent with all
other skillchecks in the game.  It's not a major change and nobody was
singled out for nerfdom, it was just the right thing to do.

If you think you are having problems as a result, drop mud a line and I'll forward it to him.

is it normal for someone to faint after attemtping 3 times?
takes 25 stun points from me, yesterday for each try..
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

That sounds about right.   You'll get better.   It's wise to keep an eye on your stun points, especially while you're not so good at using the Way.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Also, sacac, try not standing while using the Way.  Sitting or resting reduces the stun cost.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

When you fail to contact someone, especially if you're bad with the Way, you should always wait for your stun points to regenerate before you try again.
An old Bynner gave me that tip, and it's never steered me wrong.

You should always make sure you have about or more 50 stun points too before you way someone. Just while sitting down. 20 to contact, 15 to send the message, and the rest when your use of the way drains you.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!