I need ideas.

Started by Toofie, October 26, 2016, 07:39:19 PM

Just like the title says, I need some role ideas.
The more creative the better. Feel free to PM if you prefer.
Musashi: You're not witty Toofie.

city-elf pickpocket or burglar/vivaduan corruption

ultimate griefer
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Burglar/your stealth class of choice + Desolation krathis.

Enjoy

a morbidly obese whiran
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

A tall, muscular warrior who is hemophobic.

Breed ranger with a fear of wide open spaces
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Normal human Allanaki who is extremely superstitious and goes through daily (mundane) rituals to protect themselves from witches.

Bonus points if they somehow end up working for Oash.

My best roles always come from the vanilla human with a more or less unremarkable BG. Go soldier, Bynner, or beggar. Use your starting coins for a 2day bender and then scrape and struggle your way into something fun.

The roles I spend hours brainstorming, more hours writing up, meticulously adding scars and building a perfect suit of clothing.... die. Usually in the first week of play.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: WarriorPoet on October 27, 2016, 09:06:24 AM
My best roles always come from the vanilla human with a more or less unremarkable BG

you sing the song of my people

Quote from: Delirium on October 27, 2016, 08:58:25 AM
Normal human Allanaki who is extremely superstitious and goes through daily (mundane) rituals to protect themselves from witches.

Bonus points if they somehow end up working for Oash.

Nice!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Generally I think of something I want to try to do with a character and go from there. So lets say that I want to hunt 10,000 chalton:
Probably an Allanaki citizen.
Probably a dwarf given the sheer number.
Hunting? Ranger.

So southern stump ranger with the focus of hunting 10,000 chalton (which may or may not contitute annhilating an entire species)

Antagonist/Former Slave - They are a former slave of Allanak (you can get the tattoos in Red Storm starting shops), you can also send up a request to Southern team to state who you were  slave of so you can actually be hunted.  Though that entirely depends on the PCs if the character is hunted or not.

You could turn the PC into a raider, a hater of Allanak... maybe they try to find others like themselves so they can feel like they "belong" to something.  They could just try to survive even... staying under the radar in constant fear.  Travel a lot, but don't make "Friends"... the word friend shouldn't be popular to this character who has little reason to ever trust anyone.

Edit:  If dwarf, they take on the focus after being free... to free other slaves.
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

a merchant/jeweler, who starts as an initiate crafter in Kadius and eventually becomes crafter, master crafter, switches over to agent trainee, agent, then overseer. then starts pissing people off, and waits to be poisoned. Bonus points if you manage to kill off a Salaari leader or something without getting caught.

I remember there was a Salaari woman, who was cray-cray. She ended up turning most of the game against her and survived for a while. I wonder what became of her.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.

A subguild you've never tried before on a guild that feels familiar and comfortable, like house servant or weaponscrafter. If you like the subguild, good, if its meh, then you've got a big set of skills to fall back on. Also, house servant has hide, which is always fun.

An elf who isn't a throwaway, or an immediate danger to the humans around them. If you hang around long enough with that attitude the humans will stop fearing your presence and will be more willing to trade with you, which is probably essential since I have yet to play an elf who doesn't live hand to mouth.

A street urchin from the Rinth who has been mentally carved into a sociopath. Nasty, very little regard for life, bullies his peers into working for him by threatening them and their loved ones/friends. Starts a street gang of ruthless kids.

A breed gemmer that comes from the 'rinth and has some sort of non-fme, obvious mutation, whose parent (one of them) is actually a Tuluki.
I ruin immershunz.

Quote from: Kankfly on October 28, 2016, 12:11:35 PM
A breed gemmer that comes from the 'rinth and has some sort of non-fme, obvious mutation, whose parent (one of them) is actually a Tuluki.

*blinks* Ouch... that actually sounds a bit interesting.
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

Some really cool ideas here.
Musashi: You're not witty Toofie.

Burglar/Pickpocket who thinks owning any more than needed for survival is an affront to the Dragon, proceeds to rob people blind only to throw everything he steals into great bonfires seeking praise.
3/21/16 Never Forget

Quote from: lostinspace on October 28, 2016, 10:36:47 PM
Burglar/Pickpocket who thinks owning any more than needed for survival is an affront to the Dragon, proceeds to rob people blind only to throw everything he steals into great bonfires seeking praise.

Like a Robin Hood! Steal from the rich and give to the poor!

Make a dwarf for extra dedication. Bonus points if he does that all in disguise. Keeping his Robin Hood identity a secret is a must. Regular citizen by day, vigilante by night.

I ruin immershunz.

A horribly schizophrenic and identify crisis'd dwarf with two focus's and two personalities.

Kind of stole these from Claymore....

a clan member who is not in leadership immediately, but has noticeable leadership skills.
a clan member who is professional with those outside the clan but has fights with those in it.
a clan member who is the weakest in the clan's fighter/hunter branch, but has the most reason to be a strong fighter.

Play a loyal af clan member. Like elven loyalty but human or something instead.

a tribal human ranger/linguist who lives with the d-elves, having been driven away from his people for *reasons*
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson