Eat Me!

Started by Barzalene, October 13, 2003, 02:23:06 PM

I got this idea out of no where the other day. But I liked it. Not sure why. I think it would be great if there was a desert npc that ate your corpse after they kill you.  A rare creature. And not all corpses should be eaten.

Most of the time it doesn't matter of course. Chances are no one was going to find your corpse anyway, and probably no one cared. But I think the complete disappearance and the lack of closure when we talk about those pc's that are missed and are looked for would be kind of cool. Also, it could frustrate potential looters.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I know some creatures -do- eat your corpse, i.e. halflings, but i'd rather see ANYTHING happen to your corpse, after you die.

Why are those Scrabs killing you?  Because they want to eat you, right?
Then they should eat you.

Why are those gith killing you?  Because they want to raid you, right?
Then they should l00t you.

Why are those tembo's killing you?  Because they want to eat you, right?
Then they should eat you.

I think it's silly that a sentient beast would run after you, kill you, and then leave your corpse.   Sure, sure, they might be protecting their 'area' but then again.  mmm.   elf meat.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "mansa"I know some creatures -do- eat your corpse, i.e. halflings, but i'd rather see ANYTHING happen to your corpse, after you die.
I'm with you on this...though, I will correct you on one fine point, halflings aren't the only things that eat corpses.  This I can vouch for, as halflings wouldn't be where that pile of gear was...something else was there, though.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I agree with Mansa here, but what might help a lot if this was implemented is some forensic ability. Currently, it would be rather touchy if this were to happen. But I sure agree, espesially about the gith looting you.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

There are other things that eat corpses, I've witnessed it IG on a few occassions.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

And some things that loot corpses.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Some creatures also eat the corpses of other creatures, and are even canabals. Very fun/disturbing to watch. Makes for great hunter tall tales, too...

The one-eyed half-elf hunter says in sirihish, gesturing grandly:
"And I swear to Tek, after the thing gobbled up it's mate, it jumped at me and my comrades and proceded to tear us a new one! Had to feed 'em the dwarf, I did..."
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

It would be cool if, after animals eat someone, that someone later could find things from skinning that beast.

"Hey, you seen ol' one-eyed Amos around lately?"

"Nah, think he said he went up north.  Now hurry up and skin that thing so we can get back to the city by dark."

>skin body

You cut free a slab of pinkish meat, a purple striped fuzzy pelt, and an obsidian-crafted false eye.

"No!!!!"
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Several creatures do eat corpses and I've seen more than one that will loot.  I have to admit, it's pretty cool taking out X and finding that X was carrying around a torn bloody dress belonging to a missing woman.  Or once I killed X and X was carrying around a backpack with a load of sid, obviously looted, or perhaps just picked up along the way.
harlie Bucket: Mr. Wonka, they won't really be burned in the furnace, will they?
Willy Wonka: Well, I think that furnace is only lit every other day, so they have a good sporting chance, haven't they?