So whats next?

Started by Norcal, March 24, 2016, 11:02:52 PM

Delirium posted this in the thread about the recent changes. It is how I feel as well.

Quote from: Delirium on March 24, 2016, 02:29:06 PM
Quote from: BadSkeelz on March 24, 2016, 02:25:35 PM
I hope not. Mundane guilds need to be able to do more things, not less.

The changes are coming. Mundane main guilds seem poised to being redone.  Split? Nerfed? Buffed? "Reinforced"? Should you keep that full Ranger alive because it may be the last you will ever play?

Maybe if we talk about it now, it will not be such a major storm when it does happen.

What do you all think?

Edited to add: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

My predictions:

Rangers nerfed to appease GDB whining.

Warriors buffed to appease GDB whining.

Stealth nerfed to appease GDB whining.

No one will care about rogue guilds because extended subguilds have rendered them redundant.

City elves will enter the game at the corpse pile, pre-wanted for player convenience.

In a show of pure brilliance, staff will soldier on to implement log cabin apartments in Morins that contain no annoying built-in furniture, dazzling players and winning zealous support for decades to come.*

*Let me dream.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

Quote from: Vwest on March 24, 2016, 11:42:59 PM
No one will care about rogue guilds because extended subguilds have rendered them redundant.

... are... are you being serious?
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I'm curious what they'll do because I can't think of anything they can do which doesn't affect magickers the same way, since they're now subguilds, so it's hard to give mundane characters anything of their own that's appealing and useful and not just done better by elementalists. I liked that both mundane and magick characters had something that made them each special. That kind of feels missing now, so I hope to see changes that reinstate this, but I simply can't think of any way to do this unless there are unexpectedly huge changes to subguilds coming.

All guilds become subguilds except pickpocket
Part-Time Internets Lady

at last

pickpocket master race
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: Fathi on March 24, 2016, 11:53:01 PM

Does it read like a serious response? Does this thread read like a serious topic?

Am I a rabbi because I answered your question with more questions?

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

Quote from: Vwest on March 25, 2016, 01:23:23 AM
Quote from: Fathi on March 24, 2016, 11:53:01 PM

Does it read like a serious response? Does this thread read like a serious topic?

Am I a rabbi because I answered your question with more questions?

I'm Alex Trebek.

I'm guessing it's gonna be mostly NERFS.

However, my wishes and desires would be new guilds and skills all together.

But I don't think that will happen.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

Merchant is broken in to 16 guilds, each one able to mastercraft a single craft.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on March 25, 2016, 01:57:53 AM
Merchant is broken in to 16 guilds, each one able to mastercraft a single craft.
OR, Wagonmaking actually becomes a thing and I'm going to order my own wagon!
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?

Believe it or not, I think it'd be pretty cool to have sub-merchant options.

You know, like 'Arms dealer' that gives you all the weapon and armor craft skills, along with some burglar-level combat skills and some journeyman travel and merchant skills (ride, direction sense, barter, value). No mastercraft options, but a wider range of craft choice than any subguild offers, along with the freedom to travel and at least have some basic survival in combat (ie; enough to have a chance to flee).

It seems like it would appeal to a lot more people than the current merchant option. You could tack on various other subguild options, too, though maybe limit it to standard subguilds only.

It'd be a good fit for all those PCs who aren't really warriors or rangers or merchants, but have to pick something to get by on, too.

I want staff to re-open Tuluk, just so people can freak the fuck out and flip their lids and remove their clothes every time they think about not being able to detect a witch just from skills anymore.

Quote from: little chicken woman on March 25, 2016, 02:23:34 AM
I want staff to re-open Tuluk, just so people can freak the fuck out and flip their lids and remove their clothes every time they think about not being able to detect a witch just from skills anymore.
Tuluk had one major flaw, Lirathan Templars, they were BROKEN.

That is what I would freak out about more so than Tuluk itself being opened again.

My predictions:

Rangers nerfed to appease GDB whining.

Warriors buffed to appease GDB whining.

Stealth nerfed to appease GDB whining.

City elves will enter the game at the corpse pile, pre-wanted for player convenience.

In a show of pure brilliance, staff will soldier on to implement log cabin apartments in Morins that contain no annoying built-in furniture, dazzling players and winning zealous support for decades to come.*

*Let me dream.

Well now you've just ruined the surprise for everyone else.

Quote from: Asmoth on March 25, 2016, 01:59:25 AM
OR, Wagonmaking actually becomes a thing and I'm going to order my own wagon!

OR, four merchant guilds, each mastering four crafts.

March 25, 2016, 02:37:15 PM #19 Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 02:46:45 PM by RogueGunslinger
edit: Jumped the gun.

Sorry to be That Person, but I split the Tuluk discussion here: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,50899.0.html

Let's keep this relatively on topic!

Rogue guilds and con artists will receive a disguise skill, and then...