Bar Fighting

Started by Chettaman, February 07, 2016, 02:05:46 AM

I once had a runner in my unit called "the scarred, albino elf" or something. One day we were in the Gaj when "the albino, scarred elf" walks out of the dorms.

Of course I demanded that my runner fight the new guy. And of course, the Runner went straight for the kill and got splattered.

Promptly let the "albino, scarred elf" know the Byn had an opening if he was interested.

I guess what I'm saying is: be careful about egging newbies on in brawls.

the spiders are man-sized.

if you are fighting spiders the size of a van, that is terrifying.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: evilcabbage on February 09, 2016, 05:47:48 PM
the spiders are man-sized.

if you are fighting spiders the size of a van, that is terrifying.

There are various types, and they aren't all the same size.

Especially that one.

#justsayin
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I can fight for hours. Literally. (show boating) Also, I love fighting - despite injuries.
You can already use "kill" in a bar.
I was thinking about it, though and if you went to jail for less time for such a thing, I guess it would encourage more actual use of the "kill" command and there would be way more unconscious, vulnerable people.

...so now... I want to just encourage the use of the kill command if you:
>hit punk
he looks too out of it to take another hit.
>hit punk
>hit punk
>hit punk
>hit punk
>hit punk

>tell punk (retaking his stool) You're not worth my time, punk.
>sit bar

if you're that guy. Just use the kill command and accept your fate because it's what you /are/ doing practically.
And be ready to surrender because the guards are commin' suckuh!
I also recommend roleplaying guards comming in to stop the fight maybe /before/ the kill command or something. Also possible to do.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

In reality, if I suspected there were spiders that big even on the same CONTINENT as me I would curl into the fetal position and never recover.

I like to think of myself as a badass tough-guy in every regard EXCEPT spiders. It's the pedipalps. I can't abide pedipalps.

These were in Iraq when I was there.  Creepy shits.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

We slept with our boots in our sleeping bags to keep those things out of there. Any hole we dug, there would be cool sand beneath and every stinkin' thing with too many legs would crawl into the hole with us to cool off.

Find something like that in your MOPP and you don't care what the air is like.

March 15, 2016, 09:31:08 AM #59 Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 09:37:29 AM by Doublepalli
I'm very cautious when it comes to bar brawling now. Unless it's a pc in game my guy is acquainted with and I know for sure is not a noob, because it can go south really fast. I've noticed some people who even think emoting in league with the bar brawl code is poweremoting.

emote sends a left hook at ~elf!
the bulbous-nosed, rotten-toothed runner sends a left hook at a skinny, shit-stained elf!

hit elf

you send the elf stumbling with a right cross.

the skinny, shit-stained elf swings at you, missing entirely
you grab them by the shoulder sending them slamming into a wall.

hit elf
you bend the skinny, shit-stained elf over and ram a knee into their gut.

emote rushes and slams the elf into the wall again, throwing a heavy gut-shot.

And then some people will pull the powergaming flag. From my experience, either someone kicks you or types kill instead of hit and dies, the pc isn't acquainted with brawling or willing, or you know the pc has been around and the brawl ends up being of epic proportions. I love bar brawls, because the brawl code allows you and other players another opportunity at some funny, thrilling roleplay, but sometimes people really don't like their characters face being punched in, and they'll run out, or ignore rp too. It's a game, an RPI, sit back and make the most out of the good and bad, because each character is a story. Just have to take the next step and get really creative with it!

It would be cool if Kick could be a dual-feature, in both combat, and brawling code, because honestly, if I was in a brawl, I'd be kicking too, and it throws alot of newbies off. Make stun dmg more realistic to race. When an elf in a brawl hits you for 40 stun, it's like whoa. Then the big-armed dwarf hits you for two stun, or that sergeant human somehow is not hurting you at all. Brawl damage seems very random to me.

March 15, 2016, 09:43:45 AM #60 Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 09:45:45 AM by Desertman

This scene may in fact perfectly depict the exact flow of around 97% of the bar fights I have seen in game with the current code...up to and including the dialogue and facial expressions made.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Double says it can sometimes be too much. - I'm tellin' ya. Just pull your punches. If you're really willing to go full combat on a guy just use the kill command. I understand, it's difficult to tell when you're going nuts on a guy's face and you're having a good time - and I recently learned a new argument, "I feel like I'm playing for someone else." (the conversation had nothing to do with the brawl code) - which is a reasonable argument, I guess - not only that - sometimes the /other/ guy can't take the hint. >hit the guy one more time, emote throwing his dumbass outside and settle it there. Either he'll attack you for real or he'll back down from how serious you are. You can even give him options. You could even bully him.
I dunno... aside from the guy that doesn't know when to quit it's difficult deciding yourself, when to quit. But figure it out.

Desertman says it can be too little.
I won't lie. Sometimes I'm that guy - but it's tough roleplaying a tough guy that gets his ass kicked when the person your brawling with doesn't help you out! I don't consider it power emoting, I just think the person I'm bammin' with just doesn't realize I'd rather roleplay than use this code that decides our fates. I mean I'll use the code to help decide who actually wins, but I mean... gimme a break. You don't /actually/ have to emote sending a right cross into my jaw.

You don't have to! Fuck the system! Roleplay like human beings not like computers!
Roleplay because of the system. Don't let the system be your roleplay.

extreme argument: Why ever emote if the system will spit out emotes for you?
Live like God.
Love like God.

Quote from: Chettaman on March 15, 2016, 10:24:24 AM
extreme argument: Why ever emote if the system will spit out emotes for you?

Because the system emotes, on their VERY BEST DAY, are the Diet Coke of a poorly put together WWE match where both combatants are in fact comedic relief and not even part of the "main show". (Where even the main show is a show about comedic relief.)

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

hit chettaman

you send him staggering with a right cross.

emote takes his fist, and plants it brutally against %chettaman sternum, following up with a bone-crackling left hook.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

it's been so long since I've actually bar fought. *tear

emote recovers with a vengeful roar and a charge towards ~cabbage!

hit cabbage

your punch at the evil cabbage misses entirely!

Live like God.
Love like God.

em falls flat on his face as vomit leaves his open mouth.

I haven't used hit in fucking...
Since my first character.
Jesus.