Mudsex Hate Cycle Thread

Started by Is Friday, July 19, 2015, 10:12:07 PM

Quote from: Fujikoma on September 15, 2015, 11:57:44 AM
Quote from: Alesan on September 15, 2015, 11:53:12 AM
Quote from: Malken on September 15, 2015, 11:49:22 AM
I think in the last 2-3 years I've played Armageddon, not a -single- person I've mudsexed with have asked for a fade, and Staff knows the amount of peeps I've been known to mudsex.

NOT ONE PERSON.

Even my dirty Bynner kid named "Jailbait" got plenty.

I'm curious as to how they got the name Jailbait! Does the connotation that exists IRL exist in Zalanthas?

Possibly he was a shifty little filthy sneak-rat? I mean, while at the same time it might have connotations IRL, it may be appropriate to the setting when looked at from another angle, as in, very tempting to arrest.

That's fair enough, but the post was made with the other implication in mind, wasn't it? I mean, why post that otherwise? Why would it matter how much tail the character got while being named Jailbait IC if that connotation didn't matter?

Anyway, I'm just poking fun. It's not a big deal to me.

Quote from: Is Friday on September 15, 2015, 12:00:46 PM
His name was Jailbait because Malken is into meta-humor.

To each person's taste! I'm not a fan of meta-humor, myself.

Quote from: Is Friday on September 15, 2015, 12:00:46 PM
His name was Jailbait because Malken is into meta-humor.

That too. I won't deny that in the last few years I've mostly played Armageddon for the lulz more than anything else, which isn't a bad way to play Arm if you're wanting light fun once in a while.

I'm leaving the goals of amassing 8 karma and becoming the next Pearl to the youngins' who still have 10 hours a day to dedicate to Arm.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

You don't have much time to play but you still mudsex?  ??? ??? ???
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Alesan on September 15, 2015, 12:05:18 PM
That's fair enough, but the post was made with the other implication in mind, wasn't it? I mean, why post that otherwise? Why would it matter how much tail the character got while being named Jailbait IC if that connotation didn't matter?
Anyway, I'm just poking fun. It's not a big deal to me.

I was mostly trying to show that mudsex is quite alive and kickin' on Armageddon, despite the usual, "Ew, mudsex is for losers!" posts that you get in these sort of threads.

I was saying that even my young kid by the ridiculous name of Jailbait with a five line-desc'ed and very visible full of pus tattoo of Dickbutt never lacked in the mudsex department, and I was never offered a fade, so you can imagine just how much mudsex is going around when two "normal" characters are wanting some.

Well I don't play anymore, isFriday, so I guess it's safe to say that I don't mudsex anymore either  :-[ :-[ :-[

I usually get requests to fade at first (if at all), or if there's OOC time considerations. I don't mind fading, sometimes I have to fade the scene, usually because I simply don't have time for it with IC or OOC considerations. I think it highlights that the voices heard on the GDB are a minority, some of them simply saying they're squicked because they're worried about the perceptions of others... which, this is the internet, so lol.

Also, Puritans, it's ok to make your character how you want to to avoid the icky mudsex. Where the problem comes in is when puritanical values end up enforced ICly, and you allow your OOC perspectives to influence your IC perspectives of other characters, or worse, rely on your limited perspectives of a character to dictate your perception of how the player must be IRL.

Also, if you want to end a forum conversation in the appropriate fashion, someone needs to compare someone else to Nazis. I'll leave that duty to someone else.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Maybe to end a forum conversation about mudsex, someone need to mention catgirls.

Call it House Kawaii's Law.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

*curls up in your lap, tucking her tail about herself, cleaning her whiskers with a paw as she rumbles a soft purr contentedly*

Quote from: musashi on September 15, 2015, 07:33:48 AM
... I kinda joke about mudsexing ShaLeah ... but I actually made her fade.

... cus I'm a pussy  :'(

Kinda joking cause my characters really -are- that good.  :P

Poor kid didn't last two seconds after the boner hemote. That's okay though, my character had his babies and his asexual elf wasn't asexual with my elf. #mushashiconquerorftw

Quote from: Malken on September 15, 2015, 11:49:22 AM
Staff EVERYONE knows the amount of peeps I've been known to mudsex.

FTFY Mal

How curious that your characters and mine have never bumped uglies. Maybe it's cause your characters like cat girls.

I feel like with our reputation there's only one solution.

I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

That's it. I'm going to special app a Borsail noble who dedicates his life to the breeding of catgirl pleasure slaves.

Quote from: ShaLeah on September 15, 2015, 01:48:51 PM

Time to enforce our purrrrrrrrritanical values all over the GDB ^_^

When I was a wee noob I spec app'd to play a nobles Quirri...

So much cat-sex potential, wasted.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I wish there were coded STD's ..so bad..I tried another mud that had a sex code..every time you had sex you would type in : sex unprotected(or protected) target. They would get promted to consent. To which they would type yes or no.  It was apparently put in at first to better enforce the muds consent rules...but if you or your partner had an STD (which could be caught from sexing up whore npcs) you ran a risk of catching/spreading it. I thought that was awesome. They also had coded pregnancy which I also thought was bad ass. It annoys me when people rping their prego get nearly killed then just pretend their baby is completely fine. Like being gutting by a Carru runs zero risk of miscarriage.
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

I always assumed our hands off approach to people's vbabies was rooted in our desire not to trigger people with a similar RL experience.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Going on a 3 hour "follow the leader" RPT and not getting to throw a virtual baby into a fire (or at least try throw it in to the air and try to catch it on my sword) is one of my big Armageddon regrets.

I just remember floating the idea of stealing someone's vbaby past staff on a previous character, and getting shot down pretty hard, coupled with a story about how that staff member had stolen someone's vbaby before when he was a player and there was immense OOC drams and fallout as a result because the person he stole the baby from had lost a child IRL or ... something to that effect.

I've had friends murdered, but I don't pitch a fit when my PC friends die.

Quote from: MeTekillot on September 21, 2015, 04:37:06 AM

Don't think that's an apt comparison to losing a child. There's lots and lots of oxytocin involved in the pregnancy and feeding process (not to mention significant risk on the woman's part, and hopes for the future), which of course encourages a much stronger emotional bond than that guy you grew up smoking killer bud with.

September 21, 2015, 04:58:18 AM #242 Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 04:59:54 AM by musashi
Quote from: MeTekillot on September 21, 2015, 04:37:06 AM

I think it's clear that Armageddon as a game has policies in place that lean towards providing a safe space for people who have had what are traditionally considered women's issues, while leaving the door to violence and torture open.

But I don't think there's an official policy on how vbabies and pregnancies are dealt with, is there? I was just sharing the feedback I got from one staff member, several years ago.

Maybe play HousewifeMUD instead if you want to vicariously raise the virtual child you lost, instead of a game where being murdered for a glass of water is a common occurrence.

September 21, 2015, 05:00:08 AM #244 Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 05:09:28 AM by Inks
Stab the PC mother first, Imms are saying, they don't want to have to animate the vnpc themselves.

Pretty much what Met said though. And Bast.

September 21, 2015, 05:34:33 AM #245 Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 07:05:11 AM by Fujikoma
Quote from: MeTekillot on September 21, 2015, 04:58:46 AM
Maybe play HousewifeMUD instead if you want to vicariously raise the virtual child you lost, instead of a game where being murdered for a glass of water is a common occurrence.

Sounds like you're drawing an awful lot of conclusions about people you've never met and their motives for playing a game. I mean, for all you know, it could be coincidence that a plotline turned out that way, and their history included a certain traumatic event. Still, it is what it is, if you don't understand, maybe when you're older.

EDIT: Also, I think stealing a vNPC baby may be considered power emoting. ATTEMPTING to steal a vNPC baby, however, I would think, would likely be ok. There's a difference between:

emote races by, snatching the squeeling baby from %woman grasp and darting out the door with a sinister elven cackle.

And:

emote approaches slyly from the side as ~woman is distracted, reaching for the child in an attempt to pluck it from %woman arms.

One gives a chance for the other player to respond, and if it's not a plotline they feel comfortable pursuing, then they won't. I suppose you could proceed to stab them to death, but damn, man, I guess you really needed that baby. Could do it to a vNPC mother instead. The other offers the player with the baby no option to respond, or somehow communicate that "No, I don't want to engage in this form of RP with you, as it's a sensitive issue, more important than your stump's baby-shaking focus.". I suppose I, personally, find the idea of a collaborative story much more attractive than RPing some baby-spiking lunatic. Is your motive to do something that's realistic for the character? Or some OOC motive to be just as disgusting and vile as possible for the lulz?

In the end, it's important to consider that there's a player on the other end, and, as someone else put it, be an entertaining villain. You could try to steal the baby, leave room for failure, try to do it several times even. Toss it into a fire? Why not raise it as some sort of personal servant, it's not like it'll remember. Shoot, why not sell it to gypsies, or a certain noble house? Hold it for ransom, either for goods, coin, or favors. So many possibilities that don't involve swinging it around like a club to smite one's enemies.

but still, if having violent things happen to your pretend characters and their pretend children triggers you, there are plenty of other MUDs where you can have pretend children without the risk.

odd that they would want to raise children in Zalanthas of all places
Whatever happens, happens.

September 21, 2015, 07:35:28 AM #247 Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 07:55:32 AM by Fujikoma
Quote from: TheWanderer on September 21, 2015, 07:15:07 AM
but still, if having violent things happen to your pretend characters and their pretend children triggers you, there are plenty of other MUDs where you can have pretend children without the risk.

odd that they would want to raise children in Zalanthas of all places

... rape was taken out of the game why? I could be mistaken, but the way I read about it, it was triggering responses that weren't compatible with the setting. Further, everyone knows it's only natural for a mother to fiercely defend their children, try getting between a bear and its cubs sometime, so I really don't find it unusual that the characters would flip out about the act (and players who have had similar experiences IRL, might, of course, have a bit more of a reaction). Besides, babies in Zalanthas have to come from somewhere. I played hellmoo for a time, there's a good place to be senselessly disturbing. Bait pole with baby, cast pole to e, drink margarita (I did this, I was underwhelmed with the fish I caught). One could say baby spikers, also, have a place to indulge their tendencies. There's even a coded option to shake a baby, as well as XP rewards for feeding them to a shoggoth.

EDIT: To give you an idea why I take it seriously, consider this... there was some massive fallout when a pro-birth movement gathered enough funding to put pictures of aborted fetuses on billboards and buses and the like... it wasn't long before they were taken down. It wasn't only causing some serious emotional reactions from women who'd had abortions, but miscarriages as well. It wasn't very well thought out.

Eh ... just let people have their have their vbabies and vpregnancies in peace.  :-\

If you really want to fuck up their day you can always kill them and then do whatever you want with the vbaby afterwards.

posting pictures of aborted fetuses vs stealing someone's imaginary child. hmm.

if your psyche is so fragile that harm coming to your virtual baby is going to set you off, maybe you're in a better state -not- having a child in this post-apocalyptic game where death rates should actually be pretty high for newborns and children in general. There are just better outlets on the web for that kind of rp.

on the topic of rape in the world, yes, there was an IC response that didn't line up properly with how commonplace that sort of thing should be. The biggest reason for its removal, as I recall, was that staff got tired of dealing with the string of complaints from people that were unwillingly brought into a rape plotline (unjustified accusations of rape that ruined the OOC reputation of a person, for example). I mean, I don't miss rape, but the word has pretty much been forgotten IG. It's become tabbbboooooo. I can't remember the last time I've seen somebody even touch on the topic. You could probably rewrite any documentation on breeds and say they're just the product of kinky people.

If you're going to bring children into the equation and treat them as a living, breathing part of the world, you should be prepared to lose that thing like any other thing currently inhabiting Zalanthas.

i guess it would kind of suck if people started thinking a game that highlights the murder of others isn't family-oriented, though.

Whatever happens, happens.